Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could travel to the past or the future, which would you choose?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could travel to the past or the future, which would you choose?

?? ??
    Last edited by Cornholio Farquarth III; 10-17-2017, 12:02 PM.
    Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Only if there's a table of contents accurate to infinity. Only either one?
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Past and then buy a boatload of Apple, Google, IBM, Amazon and Tesla stock. I'd also save Hendrix's, Morrison's, Joplin's and Lennon's life.
      Last edited by hammergjh; 10-17-2017, 11:40 AM.
      Workin' for the man with money in his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by hammergjh View Post
        Past and then buy a boatload of Apple, Google, IBM, Amazon and Tesla stock. I'd also save Hendrix's, Morrison's, Joplin's and Lennon's life.

Yep.

I have a buddy that was buying Wal Mart Stock back in the 80's at a like a buck or so a share. I said what do you want that crap for, get some decent stocks from like IBM, MS or GE.

I'm not sure if he is a multi millionaire, but either choose was a pretty damn good investment. Plus the splits and all.

My dad lives pretty well on stocks and dividends, plus a fat ass pension from GE. He was younger than I am right now when he stopped working.

The way I'm going I'm in for a few more years of work, and then i'll probably collect cans and bottles for the returns. Early bird gets the work, so they say. I used to getting up early too.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Far enough in the future that I wouldn't have to live on Earth.
          Hail Homer! Blessed is he among men and blessed is the fruit of his loins Bart.

Comment

I'd pick the past because I'm always traveling to the future every day anyway. I don't really want to know what happens.
            It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

Give me a couple of days to get lottery numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Stonedtone View Post
                Give me a couple of days to get lottery numbers

Smart

$$$$ isn't everything, many folks that have won big lottery hits in the passed have lived to regret it. I'm just sayin.

I'd take my chances too.

I couldn't even not just show up for work, I have a pension coming and health insurance. 90 mofo days I'd have to go in. However I have like 65 weeks ( yes weeks) of sick time tucked away. I could call in for a long time.

Comment

Money is only important if you don't have enough. Once you are comfortable, most people don't see the point in trying to get more.
                  Hail Homer! Blessed is he among men and blessed is the fruit of his loins Bart.

Comment

Originally posted by TubeAddict View Post
                    Money is only important if you don't have enough. Once you are comfortable, most people don't see the point in trying to get more.

I hear ya.

I see the smiling faces on the folks that I used to work with that are now retired.

Comment

Far enough in the future that I wouldn't have to live on Earth.
                      Where would you like to live then?

Comment

Yet people with more than most of us can imagine are constantly trying to get more. Go figure.
                        "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                        -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                        -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                        -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                        -- Theodore White

Comment

Originally posted by isaac42 View Post
                          Yet people with more than most of us can imagine are constantly trying to get more. Go figure.
                          The more you have, the more you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

The more you have, the more you want.

Yeah, many folks are like that.

Comment

Howdy folks. Just an observation from iggy. I see people here where I live chase money and have way more than they need and most are dysfunctional families. Some of them are scary. Regardless, Id go back in time and fix **************** as long as I didnt mess up the continum too badly...

Comment

Working...
                              X