No announcement yet.

Pulled the Trigger

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled the Trigger

Got the G20. MF has 'em for sixty bucks. Got the local GC to price match. Not a bad little amp. Very nice voice the way it is. I will try a 10" Legend just cuz ah gotz wun. But I'll wait awhile. Didn't take long to set up that 'on the edge of breakup toan' I love. EQ is usable and I ain't even played with the mid shift yet. Channel switching is only with a button as is the mid shift. Should have a footswitch jack, but the bean counters.................they gotta eat too. I'll add one after the warranty expires.

Everyone should have a lil cheapo amp to play through. I has a Vox VT 30, Stoney has a Yamahaha, and now you haz the Acoustic lead guitar 20.

Everyone loves amps that have a headphone output jack. Make everyone happy, and is a win win.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• Belva
      Belva commented
      Editing a comment
      Headphones, I need headphones.

Been messing around with this thing and it has more clean headroom than it has a right to!! And pinch harmonics. Oh man. teh pinch harmonics! SS amps ain't supposed to do dat. I dialed a bit of 'verb and chorus into my Zoom G1. Really made it big sounding. Quite a bit more amp than I expected for 60 bucks.
    If I want modeling, dat's what the Zoom is for.

Comment

you're gonna get so much pussy now....
      http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.co...freaks-out.gif

Comment

pu$$y
        http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.co...freaks-out.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post
          Been messing around with this thing and it has more clean headroom than it has a right to!! And pinch harmonics. Oh man. teh pinch harmonics! SS amps ain't supposed to do dat. I dialed a bit of 'verb and chorus into my Zoom G1. Really made it big sounding. Quite a bit more amp than I expected for 60 bucks.
          If I want modeling, dat's what the Zoom is for.

nice

The Vox is pretty good. I like the classic rock models.

I've actually done a few gigs with the Vox. I played a Godin 5th ave through it on those gigs. It sounded decent and was less problematic with hollowbody feedback than the tube amps I have played through.

The single pick up 5th Ave I have is kinda like a Gibson ES 125, for a fraction of the cost. Kinda sorta.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

For $60 how can you go wrong?
            It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
            Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton

Comment

• Belva
              Belva commented
              Editing a comment
              To be honest, I wasn't expecting much. But the more I play it, the more I like it.
              Remember the original Boss OD pedal? I played with the lead channel a bit and found something so close it's scary. And the cleans, well, let's just say I need to work on my picking technique.

Welp, been playing with this thang and even stepped on the gas today. It gots some of get up and go. I also found myself playing with the volume knob on the geetar, going thru the same routine of gettin' dirt with more gas and cleaning up when I back off the throttle, just like a tube amp. Nice, fun breakup. It does lack the feedback potential that only tubes will do, but look what it is. It could be gigged with a mic.
            AND I went to the Vox model on the G1X (damn, something stuff an AC15 in dat box all of a sudden?). At this rate, I'll be holding the geetar up with my peenoir soon.

Comment

I looked at those Acoustic brand amps a couple of years ago at Guitar Center as a backup amp to my backup amp. Since I needed more than just a practice amp, I needed at least the model with 12-inch speaker and about 40 watts. The price was right at $99. As I considering it over the next couple of weeks, someone brought in a like-new 120 watt 2x12 Acoustic combo. The price was $120. At that price, I snapped it up. It has effects modeling.

Comment

I'm still enamored by this little guy. You'd think the newness woulda worn off by now and it has. The lack of a footswitch jack is irritating me. And I don't really wanna mod it yet. It has a 3 year factory warranty I don't wanna drill holes in.
                But it's proving to be a really good pedal platform. It responds well to minor changes made to my G1X, which is in and of itself a good, inexpensive 'modeling' processor. I think Acoustic has a winner here. It's a good practice amp that will get fairly loud. At least loud enough to hang with my friend's Super Champ XD. However neither one of us is prone to competing to see who is louder.
                It's what most guitarists need IMO as far as size/volume. Wanna gig? Nope, not made for that.

Comment

• Stonedtone
                  Stonedtone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  40 watts is plenty loud to jam with

Sounds like you got your $60 worth.
                It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton

Comment

• Belva
                  Belva commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And that's just the thang. I already had the processor. Why spend money on stuff I don't need? I am, after all, a cheap b@$t@*d.
                  I don't plan on gigging any more, that's a young man's game. But if I do, I'll prolly get something like a Peavey Bandit.

• isaac42
                  isaac42 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm still gigging at 59½.

HOLY BUTTFOOK BATMAN!!!
                Put one of my Eminence 1058's in this bitch. Who stuck tubes in my SS amp??

Comment

Working...
                X