No announcement yet.

Red Cross Donation Thread for Hurricane Victims

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Cross Donation Thread for Hurricane Victims

Guys, I think we should sticky a thread in every major HC forum and see how many people we can get to donate to the relief fund. I donated $10 myself, but I'm a dirt-poor college kid so if I can do it I'm sure many of you can donate as much, if not more. Please help our brothers and sisters in the devastated Gulf region, as the situation is looking more and more grim by the hour.

www.redcross.org
    Sometimes it feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders - then I realize it's just my head.

--Member of The Reasonable Fellers Union, established 7/20/04--

Update: My father just called and told me to tell everyone I know to donate some money (we have family and friends in Gulfport), and then after some prodding I found out that he donated $5,000!!!

Way to go, Pops.
    Sometimes it feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders - then I realize it's just my head.

Comment

when paypal has a link Ill give the 40$ and change from my accountIm not rich

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy_The_Chimp
        when paypal has a link Ill give the 40$ and change from my accountIm not rich

You're a good soul, Zippy.

I ain't rich either, but my folks sure are! Even if they aren't generous with me, I'm glad they're so oriented to donating large sums when needed. I wish I had that kind of financial freedom...

Comment

It's a marathon, not a sprint :kinda mad:
          Originally posted by Junkhead
          Some of you forget that this forums MAIN REASON FOR EXISTANCE is to discuss musical gear and related. OJ is just something thats allowed and hopefully one day does not exist anymore.

(postid=14084384)

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Guzinya
            It's a marathon, not a sprint :kinda mad:

Comment

Over in electric guitars Soloway is auctioning off a Swan for 25 dollars and the money goes to help .

Comment

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1023939

Comment

I'm off to the Post Office tomorrow.

It'll only be $25 (I'm broker than Humpty Dumpty), but the footage I've seen has been shocking. And I love the Blues, and it's about time to give something back to the place where it was born...

All other Aussies (who, like me, don't have a credit card):

Australian Red Cross
                  Send a cheque or money order to
                  GPO Box 9949 in your Capital City

(You can indicate which appeal or activity you would like your donation to go towards, so be sure to indicate it is to go towards Hurricane Katrina relief).

''How do you know what the world is like? Do you know the world is a foul sty? Do you know, if you rip the fronts off houses, you'd find swine?

The world's a Hell - what does it matter what happens in it?"

(Uncle Charlie, Shadow of a Doubt).

Comment

Another good way to help is to make sure all the shops in your neighborhood have a donation can on their counter so folks can throw change in it. This is a way you could help even if you can't afford to donate much (or anything, for that matter) on your own. Helping coordinate fundraising is important, too, and every little bit helps, even loose change.
                    SupportMusic.com - Help keep music education in your local schools!

Comment

do you think they would let me donate 5 zip lock bags of sperm?

Comment

We sent them a check today.

Also, all proceeds from the following CD are going to the Red Cross Hurricane Survivors Relief Fund : http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/executives2
                        My band "The Executives" website : TheExecutivesMusic.com

Comment

Comment

at my gig on friday, we announced we'd be giving all tip jar proceeds to the Red Cross for the rest of the year. That first gig raised $230, sweet!

I recommend doing something like this at your gigs too. A couple hundred here and there times every week times lots of musicians...ytou get the idea.
                            GUITARS: Benedetto Custom 7, Benedetto Benny 7, Benedetto Andy 6, Sakashta 7, Palen 7, Carvin CS6 + misc solid bodies...
                            The Duo
                            Video Clip

Comment

FYI

You can also donate the spare change you have accumulated to the Red Cross using those Coin Star machines (they have them in super markets). If you donate to charity with the Coin Star they do not take a counting fee and give you a receipt for tax deduction purposes.

They have a few charities to choose from Red Cross, Lymphoma/Lukemia fund, World Wild Life Fund, etc.
                              The Salvation Army is also supposed to be there too but not on the machines near me.

Comment

Working...
                              X