Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

money is the root of all evil

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • money is the root of all evil

    I've been pondering this a little bit lately and call me crazy but if you think about it
    most of the worlds problems and evils,if you trace it back are rooted in money.failed marriges/money,drug trafficing/money,corruption/money,prostitution/money,
    theft/money,a host of greedy and hurtful political motives and decsions/money.ofcourse i could go on and on,i was just pondering what it might have been like before money made up the very fabric of peoples lives.it's amazing when you think of how money governes almost every aspect of our lives.if money were taken out of the equation...what would the world be like,can you even imagine for a moment?

  • #2
    "Money makes the world go 'round"

    This is the other side of the coin. Without money we wouldn't have a society worth mentioning.
    Originally posted by Caliban
    You guys really should invest in cable if all you have to wank to is 7th Heaven and America's Funiest home Videos.

    Comment


    • #3
      Star Trek!

      No money and everything is cool

      And just a slight addition. Its really 'the love of money' and not money itself. In other words, all those things you listed, overbearing greed, corruption etc come from the desire to have more money for money's sake. Im sure its a rare case where someone gives in to corruption to pay for their kid's surgery or some other noble excuse. Usually just plain old love of money.
      broccoli banana

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chief Ten Beers
        what would the world be like,can you even imagine for a moment?

        i think some one wrote a song about that
        www.scatterlee.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Money
          Money changes everything
          _____________________________________
          Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

          Join Date: Aug 2001
          Location: N. Adams, MA USA
          Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd say religion is probably more responsible, but then again, a very good argument could be made that religion was created for capitalist gain and the legitimisation of class inequality.
            My Songs Rising of the Lights

            Comment


            • #7
              money
              women
              liquor
              land
              and religion are usuaully at the core of any strife.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Abrasion
                I'd say religion is probably more responsible, but then again, a very good argument could be made that religion was created for capitalist gain and the legitimisation of class inequality.
                I don't think religion is the root cause of the world's misery,it gives many hope to go on,money is the root of misery.maybe buddha had something there

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abrasion
                  I'd say religion is probably more responsible, but then again, a very good argument could be made that religion was created for capitalist gain and the legitimisation of class inequality.



                  Wow! This would be one of the rare times I agree with Abrasion!
                  Even the slight ability to change oneself is more valuable than any power over the external universe.
                  My music
                  "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
                  - Thomas Jefferson
                  Gary Johnson 2012

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tube Sock
                    money
                    women
                    liquor
                    land
                    and religion are usuaully at the core of any strife.
                    lol,of those that you mentioned liquor or the lack thereof would be reason for me to have stife

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's only obfuscating the real problem.

                      Observe:

                      fact: money is the root of all evil

                      So money = sqrt(evil) (1)

                      fact: Women require money AND time:

                      So women = time * money

                      And everyone knows that time is money right?

                      so women = money^2
                      or
                      sqrt(woman) = money

                      substituting into (1),
                      we get
                      sqrt(woman) = sqrt(evil)

                      ...and thus woman = evil.

                      ....turns out the soul of a woman WAS created below


                      Yeah not very original ---eat me
                      (Everybody knows this is nowhere)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i imagine back then food and sex were the root of all evil.

                        i think a lot of it depends on your definition of evil, as well as your own personal choices. it's possible to make money and live very well without ****************ing people over. not necessarily easy.
                        Originally Posted by Kowalski


                        I typed that at 3:30am this morning on my iphone

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chief Ten Beers
                          I don't think religion is the root cause of the world's misery,it gives many hope to go on,money is the root of misery.maybe buddha had something there


                          Not directly. IMO religion is the root cause of a huge portion of the conflict in todays world and the world of the past, conflict leads to misery for at least one of the sides, ergo, religion is the root of evil or misery or whatever you wish.
                          My Songs Rising of the Lights

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by shreddersteve



                            Wow! This would be one of the rare times I agree with Abrasion!
                            My Songs Rising of the Lights

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Abrasion


                              Not directly. IMO religion is the root cause of a huge portion of the conflict in todays world and the world of the past, conflict leads to misery for at least one of the sides, ergo, religion is the root of evil or misery or whatever you wish.
                              I'll grant you that there have been countless evils in done in the name of religion,however it has done a lot of good to individuals as well.religion is a powerful motivater,but i don't think it has quite the power to corrupt and do as much colateral damage as money does.

                              Comment













                              Working...
                              X