Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India and IT! hmmmm...did ya know that

Every freakin' year, Over 120000 indian(sp?) people graduates with a Master in IT. yes, a Master.

and I'm sure China wil jump on that bandwagon too!

From first to last
    The peak is never passed
    Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes
    One moment's high, and glory rolls on by
    Like a streak of lightning
    That flashes and fades in the summer sky

"my gear list"
    -GMW Superstrat
    -Ibanez RG3120
    -LTD M2

"You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man" - Paul Gilbert

Hell, I can't understand them as it is.

Comment

And yet they manage to screw up anything they lay their hands on...

I don't need a masters to do that!
      The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Comment

yet they all wind up working in call centres tryign to sell double glazing and mobile phones

j/k apparently if you can speak good enough english over there to be outsourced for a call centre you can make a fortune
        good deals with: kpd78, kid A, sg1, chucknorris1982, red riviera, pott, heartfelt dawn

Comment

A "masters" from India is worth about the price of a Big Mac over here .

Comment

Originally posted by bufa

And strangely enough you outsource jobs there...

Funny, isn't it?
            The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by bufa

we get a lot of indian "Tradesmen" over here. apparently their "apprenticeship" consists of a 1 hour written test.
              A POX ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES !

Comment

If I remember correctly, I think that Beijing alone has more than 50 Universities.

There is a very cold economic wind about to blow through the world, and we better wake up, or there will be serious problems.

Comment

One thing to consider is that a masters awarded from an Indian university might not be comparable to a masters awarded from an American university.

I would be willing to award your wife a masters if she blows me, but this might not be the scholastic solution she desires...

You're talking about completely different educational systems, and the indian one might be solely intent on producing graduates that have absolutely nothing in common with students who receive an MA from an American institution.

Personally, I think employers have already started to figure out that they aren't comparable. This will, hopefully, get them interested in ability rather than formal education credentials.

It's going to be difficult for many employers to deal with this, but there really is no other alternative than to deal with individuals on a "can do" basis, rather than how many pieces of sheepskin they have in their possession.

If you managed to take advantage of a good education, then you have nothing to worry about. If you managed to slip through the system, then you might wish to consider going back so you actually learn something for all the money you spent.

Comment

Many European companies hire software analysts from India. They are cheap and can do the work in India and send it in when they're done......
                    [Do like Mika Häkkinen, join the "Kukkapenkki Appreciation Guild"] - Call: 0999-656564 Password: Lapin Mika

Comment

Originally posted by Jacopo_Belbo

And strangely enough you outsource jobs there...

Funny, isn't it?

Not at all , they get paid wages that would net them a Big Mac an hour so why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Poo
                        One thing to consider is that a masters awarded from an Indian university might not be comparable to a masters awarded from an American university.

I would be willing to award your wife a masters if she blows me, but this might not be the scholastic solution she desires...

You're talking about completely different educational systems, and the indian one might be solely intent on producing graduates that have absolutely nothing in common with students who receive an MA from an American institution.

Personally, I think employers have already started to figure out that they aren't comparable. This will, hopefully, get them interested in ability rather than formal education credentials.

It's going to be difficult for many employers to deal with this, but there really is no other alternative than to deal with individuals on a "can do" basis, rather than how many pieces of sheepskin they have in their possession.

If you managed to take advantage of a good education, then you have nothing to worry about. If you managed to slip through the system, then you might wish to consider going back so you actually learn something for all the money you spent.

I'll bet getting a college degree in India requires much more effort than getting one in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamspace
                          Every freakin' year, Over 120000 indian(sp?) people graduates with a Master in IT. yes, a Master.

You gotta love all those Indian Masters holders making $6 an hour

Comment

Originally posted by Stonedtone

You gotta love all those Indian Masters holders making $6 an hour

We're hiring 'em for around $35/hour.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamspace

They're lagging behind. IT is just a tool now. Biotech is the new wave in the US.
                              A voice in my head tells me so.
                              Avatars. bouncingBrain says. . .

Founder of the Snipped Tubes Brigade

Comment

Working...
                              X