Clear All

• David Le Roth on the Tonight Show

I...have mixed emotions on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW5-mPbkKw8&search
    =jump%20on%20the%20tonight%20show
    Guitar people = Good people

I found it entertaining
    Originally Posted by Ferdinandstrat

And Mr. Grimace, there is nothing that I would be delighted more to do right now then to punch you in the face until it disintegrates.

SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

The dude's having some fun. Relax.
      - Sean.

Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.

Comment

He sounds horrible trying to hit those high notes. And what the **************** is with that hammy smile? He looks like Robin Williams to me.

Comment

I like the guy playing the bass.

Comment

Roth looks chemically retarded. As usual.

Comment

Nothing better than a faded star with a faded voice rehashing his old band's hits.

Even if it's for laughs, people are laughing at Dave rather than with him.

(Although the banjo riff during the chorus is cool - the players being top notch.)
              ''How do you know what the world is like? Do you know the world is a foul sty? Do you know, if you rip the fronts off houses, you'd find swine?

The world's a Hell - what does it matter what happens in it?"

(Uncle Charlie, Shadow of a Doubt).

Comment

yeah a few nights later i went to the taping of the late,late show with craig furguson too. it wasn't that bad he sat down and gave a pretty good interview. it seems he just did this to help out the bluegrass band who are doing it as a tribute kind of thing to VH, and david is actully only on three of the songs on the cd, it was cool live those guys can really play good s**t, but he still looked alittle over done in the grin dept. (maybe he just got botoxed)?
                5 STAR GENERAL OF THE SG ARMY
                http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1232460
                "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

great dealings with: jj pistols, Mr. goodbomb +1, splendor, puckman, mike fiasco +1, johnny z, minitruth, alley trash, teamodave, sxyryan, GUITAR HEEL, twisty571

definition of expert= an "ex" is something that once was. a "spurt" is a drip under pressure

the work begins again, the hope rise's a new,The dream lives on. E.M.Kennedy

Comment

You know for a guy who got SO many chicks back in the day, he seems like SUCH a flaming ****************ing homo.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

Damn, that was funny.

Those yelps cracked me up.

It's like he was parodying himself.

Comment

Originally posted by robare99
                      You know for a guy who got SO many chicks back in the day, he seems like SUCH a flaming ****************ing homo.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dude - the whole VH visual schtick (which was pretty much stock among the 80s hair bands) was remarkably fey even back then. The hair metallers were far closer to Queer Eye for the Straight Guy than many would care to admit. Take a casual look at promo shots from back then - it amuses me how High Camp it was (and, for the most part, totally unintentionally).
                      ''How do you know what the world is like? Do you know the world is a foul sty? Do you know, if you rip the fronts off houses, you'd find swine?

The world's a Hell - what does it matter what happens in it?"

(Uncle Charlie, Shadow of a Doubt).

Comment

I liked it again!!!!
                        Geezer Trooper #222

Comment

I liked the 'grass intrepretation and it was played incredibly well.

On the other hand, Roth just seems to be so out oblivious with that "naked drunk guy" grin on his yap. He didn't seem to have any connection at all with the musicians he was playing with. It was bizarre in that David Bowie/Bing Crosby/obviously misguided marketing ploy sort of way.

I think that the last time old Diamond Dave was anywhere near being instep with the rest of us was around the "Eat 'em and Smile" album.
                          Guitar people = Good people

Comment

Working...
                          X