Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What we have is an entire political system and government with one of its main purposes being to deceive people

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we have is an entire political system and government with one of its main purposes being to deceive people

And much more intelligent people than me have noticed that and commented on it, but it's just blatantly and flagrantly obvious now.

Manufacturing Consent:

XIV INTRODUCTION Who V^nts to Be a Millionaire and CBS-TV's Survivor^ or with movies like Disney's Lion King that also make possible the cross-selling "syner- gies" that are a focal point oftheir attention and resources. Important branches of the media such as movies and books have had substantial global msrKets for many years> but only in the past two decades has a global media system come into being that is having major effects on national media systems, culture, and politics.^ It has been fueled by the globaiization of business more generally, the associated rapid growth of global advertising, and improved communications tech- nology that has facilitated cross-border operations and control. It has also been helped along by government policy 3Dd the consolidation of neoliberal ideology. The United States and other Western governments have pressed the interests of their home-country firms eager to expand abroad, and the Internstional Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank have done the same, striving with considerable success to enlarge trans- national corporate access to media markets across the globe. Neoliberal ideology has provided the intellectual rationale for policies that have opened up the ownership of broadcasting stations and cable and satellite systems to private transnational invest 01$.
    The Full Book by Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman here:

https://archive.org/stream/pdfy-Nekq...ia%5D_djvu.txt
    Last edited by Anagram; 06-11-2018, 08:56 AM.

Obviously not everyone is deceived. You seem to have it all figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pine Apple Slim View Post
      Obviously not everyone is deceived. You seem to have it all figured out.
      YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

But yes, I have figured out a lot of things, and a lot of it is just blatantly obvious now.
      Last edited by Anagram; 06-07-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Pine Apple Slim
        Pine Apple Slim commented
        Editing a comment
        Have a sticker and you can lead the line to the lunch room!

Don't worry about it very much. Things will work out eventually.
      "I belong to,a religion that calls for the hatered and stupidity. My religious beliefs doesn't allow me to serve Trumplethinskin or his trumpanzees"- oldsoapbars

Comment

• New Trail
        New Trail commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure! THings are gReat so far!

I believe o idiot was allowed to win for a reason.
      I would say that reason was to temporarily suppress the voice of reason for a reason.
      if you can suppress the voice of reason by calling people racist or worse, sue them because they don't tickle your was with a feather, well, your going to shut the fork up and hope for the best.
      that's why Trump is kicking are.
      and that's why the left has to listen to npr.

Comment

• bluzboy
        bluzboy commented
        Editing a comment

Originally posted by buckwalder View Post
      I believe o idiot was allowed to win for a reason.
      I would say that reason was to temporarily suppress the voice of reason for a reason.
      if you can suppress the voice of reason by calling people racist or worse, sue them because they don't tickle your was with a feather, well, your going to shut the fork up and hope for the best.
      that's why Trump is kicking are.
      and that's why the left has to listen to npr.

And some of you listen to the voices in your head.
      You could try NPR once in a while, bucky.
      You just might learn something.

To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

P s,
        if your a righty....You should listen to npr radio.
        it's virtue signalling on steroids with sappy music behind the stories.
        it's gross, so, have a barf bag handy.
        think nurse ratchet types or that so called educated mental midget that you had to listen to to get A in their class.

Comment

• New Trail
          New Trail commented
          Editing a comment
          A rightie just won't listen to NPR. They really believe, again based on folks I know, that the media, except for Fox News, is biased and they just are not going to listen to it. Fox News, though, tells both side of the right wing viewpoint and is fair and balanced.

We need to STOP THE WARMONGERING

Comment

• bluzboy
          bluzboy commented
          Editing a comment

• Anagram
          Anagram commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes we do

Relax. Govt. is just so people don't storm the castle.
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Hilarious. "Systems" have "deceived" people since the beginning of recorded history (and probably before that)

It's not the system, it's people are evil twits. They will/can do anything to twist crap in their favor. The police, stumpy, whatever will twist crap in their favor. It's the same in EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY world-wide. The rich get richer, and only in some remote occasions do people become important.

Comment

I agree. Trump, his administration, and his propaganda arm FOX news are doing their best to deceive and mislead the American people. It's treasonous!

The sad part is, it works for a certain segment of the population.

Comment

nothing gets past you Zyges

Comment

Deceivers and deception are everywhere, not just in government. It's part of the human condition. It's just more noticeable in government.
                George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Harbin View Post
                  Hilarious. "Systems" have "deceived" people since the beginning of recorded history (and probably before that)

It's not the system, it's people are evil twits. They will/can do anything to twist crap in their favor. The police, stumpy, whatever will twist crap in their favor. It's the same in EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY world-wide. The rich get richer, and only in some remote occasions do people become important.
                  Well said Chris. Any "system" will become corrupted and eventually fail if the people running it are dishonest and corrupt and not really doing their jobs.

That's obvious

And yet...it is particular systems that attract particular kind of players....

In our situation in the U.S. the system itself does attract the wrong kind of people that we need... narcissists, sociopaths, and social climbers, and just criminals because it's a system based on Big Money and corporate power, and those kind of people flock to that.
                  Last edited by Anagram; 06-11-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post
                    We need to STOP THE WARMONGERING
                    That's what I keep saying too.

Comment

Working...
                    X