Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manafort trial set to begin July 10

18 charges.
    20-25 witnesses.
    Years and years of potential prison time between DC and the State of Virginia.
    But wait- there's more.
    This is just the first of two trials.
    What's the effect on the midterm elections?
    It's a Nothingburger Happy Meal, folks.
    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

This trial is going to be a media circus. At least we know where the battle line will be drawn.

Anyone want to start a pardon pool?

Comment

Not as many viewers as OJ, but I'll still give it a 7.5-8.0 for drama.

I'm in there.
      What did those mean liberals do to you today?

Comment

Crap! I had Radiohead tickets for July 11. Gonna have to sell 'em now, cuz Manafort will be a much more wild show!
        My band!:
        www.steelphantoms.com/
        my stage stuff:
        fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

• RogueGnome
          RogueGnome commented
          Editing a comment
          You won’t be disappointed.
          Rick Gates is going to sing like a bird.
          Last edited by RogueGnome; 03-08-2018, 06:24 PM.

• harrycox1
          harrycox1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Screw Manafort. Go see Radiohead.

• oldsoapbars
          oldsoapbars commented
          Editing a comment
          That's my anniversary.

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
        Anyone want to start a pardon pool?
        A pardon won't help Manafort on these charges. True, Trump can give him one. Then the states will prosecute him. When accepting a pardon you are admitting guilt. Trump's pardon doesn't work on state charges and the states prosecutors will use Manafort's pardon as a confession. He is so screwed either way.

Originally posted by nedezero1;
        Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.
        http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...nches-reporter

The emails giveth and the emails taketh away

Comment

• RogueGnome
          RogueGnome commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that true, accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt?

Yep. I heard it discussed on CNN. It seems to apply in this case, at least from what the people on their panel claimed.

A pardon is a government decision to allow a person who has been convicted of a crime to be free and absolved of that conviction, as if they were never convicted.

Today, pardons are granted in many countries when individuals have demonstrated that they have paid their debt to society, or are otherwise considered to be deserving of them. Pardons are sometimes offered to persons who were either wrongfully convicted or who claim that they were wrongfully convicted. In some jurisdictions, accepting a pardon implicitly constitutes an admission of guilt (see Burdick v. United States in the United States), the offer is refused in some cases. Cases of wrongful conviction are nowadays more often dealt with by appeal rather than by pardon; however, a pardon is sometimes offered when innocence is undisputed in order to avoid the costs that are associated with a retrial. Clemency plays a very important role when capital punishment is applied.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon
        Originally posted by nedezero1;
        Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.
        http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...nches-reporter

The emails giveth and the emails taketh away

Comment

• RogueGnome
          RogueGnome commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks!

MORE BLING FOR PAUL !

Paul Manafort pleading not guilty to his second set of charges in Virginia, earned him a second ankle bracelet as he faces potentially 23 to 30 years in prison if he is convicted in both cases.

To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Would anyone be surprised if Trump said, "Manafort? Who's that? Never heard of him. Never colluded with him. There was no collusion. None."
          Amerussia Uber Alles!

Comment

Originally posted by harrycox1 View Post

A pardon won't help Manafort on these charges. True, Trump can give him one. Then the states will prosecute him. When accepting a pardon you are admitting guilt. Trump's pardon doesn't work on state charges and the states prosecutors will use Manafort's pardon as a confession. He is so screwed either way.
            Yep. Further: Any federal pardon he gets would make him unable to use the Fifth Amendment protections. He could be called as a witness and forced to testify. Trump can pardon Manafort so he doesn't have to serve jail time for the federal charges, but it doesn't get Trump or anyone else off the hook for anything Manafort might know.
            RobRoy: "There is an "honest grit" to his lying."

Comment

Aww, looks like Shkreli is going to federal prison. Maybe he and Manafort can be friends?
              My band!:
              www.steelphantoms.com/
              my stage stuff:
              fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

The Trumpies will say none of Manaforts' bad deeds had anything to do with Trump.

What's the odds Manafort will try to cop a plea?

Zip
                665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

Working...
                X