Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... how are the Republican tax cuts working out for you personally?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... how are the Republican tax cuts working out for you personally?

Did you see an increase in your take-home pay?

Did you get a bonus or other unexpected compensation?

What is your overall opinion about the tax cut that was passed? Any concerns about deficit spending?

Finally, what do you think about the plan from the Senate Democrats to repeal and replace the Republican tax cuts?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/with-ey...lan-1520445576

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

I haven't seen any change.
    Guns Over People

Comment

H&R Block says I will see a healthy refund next year.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
      For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
      Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

No difference so far.
        What did those mean liberals do to you today?

Comment

bildette saw about seventy bucks a check more. So she will see a little over 1800 bucks more a year. That is base pay. She gets a lot from her quarterly bonuses. We will have to wait and see what percentage those get this time. They are paid differently and get taxed more usually.

I just went back part time in the real world to help a friends business. So can't really see anything there.

I already posted about us getting money back form the irs this year. Around two grand more than usual. We already got that and paid the home city taxes and insurance this time with it.

Yes, We feel a benefit from it.
          Last edited by bildo; 03-07-2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen any change in my paycheck.
            Was not on the receiving end of any bonus, nor were my co-workers.
            I'm OK with the corporate tax reductions, although they may be excessive.
            The individual tax cuts are a joke and will expire anyway.
            The National Debt will grow as a result of the changes.
            Their growth numbers make no sense, as every legitimate economist has said.
            Congressional Republicans are two-faced "deficit hawks" hypocrites.
            I'm not holding my breath for the Dems to control the House or the Senate anytime soon.
            Any plan they say they have now would morph beyond recognition before it could be passed in Congress, and then Trump would veto it, anyway.

(I guess that about covers it.)
            To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

my FICA hasn't changed, but my check went up when I went on medicare and dropped my BC/BS coverage.

looking further my FWHM went down 30 bucks a pay
              Last edited by moogerfooger; 03-07-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

There is no benefit to those in the cash economy. Just saying.

Someone is going to have to pay for this at some point though. It's a pretty big gamble to think economic growth will do it.
                My guess is this will be more of the same. Meaning, whoever is in charge wants to give handouts that gratify the now while kicking the bill down the road to someone else. Drain the swamp? Looks like the swamp is expanding, to me. In this case, it's give the few a bar of gold while giving everyone else a little candy.
                Last edited by Hoot Owl; 03-07-2018, 02:56 PM.
                George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                  There is no benefit to those in the cash economy. Just saying.

Someone is going to have to pay for this at some point though. It's a pretty big gamble to think economic growth will do it.
                  My guess is this will be more of the same. Meaning, whoever is in charge wants to give handouts that gratify the now while kicking the bill down the road to someone else. Drain the swamp? Looks like the swamp is expanding, to me. In this case, it's give the few a bar of gold while giving everyone else a little candy.
                  they knew it wouldnt work. that why they put the weasel clause in to cut medicare and medicare if it doesn't work out. theses are the worst people running our government, both side of the isle have sunk low enough to suck an earth worms dick.

Comment

I saw no increase in my take home pay. I'll get pummeled because of the loss of deductions.

IOW, this "tax cut" is going to cost me around $9000 per year.

The tax bonus has went away. Good pub no money

Comment

Got done with CPA last week and set up the wire transfer to happen next month. Gonna send IRS just shy of 150K (capital gain on property sale last year) plus what we pre-paid last year. Next year it's back to normal incomes as wife and I are both retired for over 10 years now. Tax cut won't effect us at all.

~~I was not. I was. I am not. I do not care

Comment

My property tax deduction will be affected, to my negative. Therefore I paid my property tax last year, and will get a significant write-off and return this spring, but will have no tax deduction for 2018. I have seen no change in my take-home pay, and will not. We are not getting bonuses or raises due to the tax changes.

Comment

We have to wait for a CPA to produce a K1 on the family LLC. It's almost always close to April 15 for some reason, so we never really know until close to the last day.

I am concerned about the deficits and the Republicans' back door attack on Medicare and Social Security.
                          Amerussia Uber Alles!

Comment

Oh wait...my wife got about a $180 increase in her paycheck...she gets paid once a month.
                            Guns Over People

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post
                              We have to wait for a CPA to produce a K1 on the family LLC. It's almost always close to April 15 for some reason, so we never really know until close to the last day.

I am concerned about the deficits and the Republicans' back door attack on Medicare and Social Security.
                              Jury’s out until you learn the impact on your state taxes.
                              To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Working...
                              X