No announcement yet.

What kind of President calls his political opponents traitors

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of President calls his political opponents traitors

because they didn’t applaud sufficiently in his SOTU Address?
    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

These guys
    Originally posted by nedezero1;
    Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.
    http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...nches-reporter

The emails giveth and the emails taketh away

Comment

This dude too.

Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.

Comment

Might as well throw Satan on the list too.

Comment

Let's not forget Stalin.

Comment

The worst kind, that's who.
            BE BEST!

Comment

The stable genius had this to say in Cincinnati yesterday:
              ”You're up there, you've got half the room going totally crazy, wild, they loved everything," he said of Republicans during the speech. "They want to do something great for the country, and you have the other side, even on positive news, really positive news like that, they were like death. And un-American. Un-American."

Trump pointed to a person near the front of the crowd.

"Somebody said treasonous," he continued. "I mean, yeah, I guess. Why not. Can we call that treason? Why not. I mean they certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

Comment

Meanwhile nobody said treasonous.

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post
                  Meanwhile nobody said treasonous.
                  Just the voices in that tiny bit of fecal matter that trump refers to as his ‘brain.’
                  “If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom.” - Rex Tillerson, Fmr Sec of State

Comment

lol - topic so nice, we discuss it twice.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...plaud-his-sotu

his comments must have the taint of 'truth' around it, else why so much effort to denigrate? oh, I forgot - we're on the PP.

Please refrain from quoting me in future. To see my words under your by-line is repellent to me.
                    -Flemtone

Sorry if his POV offends you, but no one promised that freedom of speech wouldn't be offensive occasionally - Phil O'Keefe

Comment

Originally posted by emerson biggens View Post
                      lol - topic so nice, we discuss it twice.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...plaud-his-sotu

his comments must have the taint of 'truth' around it, else why so much effort to denigrate? oh, I forgot - we're on the PP.
                      effort?
                      Who you zoomin', bro?
                      no effort.
                      easy as pie.
                      And when did reporting what the President says become "denigration"?
                      But your effort and ability to read every thread and post here duly noted.
                      Me; I'm kinda too busy to read all the threads here.
                      So sue me. It's the Trump way, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post

effort?
                        Who you zoomin', bro?
                        no effort.
                        easy as pie.
                        And when did reporting what the President says become "denigration"?
                        But your effort and ability to read every thread and post here duly noted.
                        Me; I'm kinda too busy to read all the threads here.
                        So sue me. It's the Trump way, after all.

Really? No denigration occurring in this thread?

Fecal matter that trump refers to as his ‘brain.’
                        The stable genius
                        comparisons to Hitler, Kim Jong-un, Satan?

OK, I give up.

Please refrain from quoting me in future. To see my words under your by-line is repellent to me.
                        -Flemtone

Sorry if his POV offends you, but no one promised that freedom of speech wouldn't be offensive occasionally - Phil O'Keefe

Comment

Hell, mud slinging is as old as our nation is.

Jefferson's camp accused President Adams of having a "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

In return, Adams' men called Vice President Jefferson "a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

As the slurs piled on, Adams was labeled a fool, a hypocrite, a criminal, and a tyrant, while Jefferson was branded a weakling, an atheist, a libertine, and a coward.

Even Martha Washington succumbed to the propaganda, telling a clergyman that Jefferson was "one of the most detestable of mankind."
                          John Adams lived long enough to see his son become president in 1825, but he died before John Quincy Adams lost the presidency to Andrew Jackson in 1828. Fortunately, that meant he didn't have to witness what many historians consider the nastiest contest in American history.

The slurs flew back and forth, with John Quincy Adams being labeled a pimp, and Andrew Jackson's wife getting called a slut.

As the election progressed, editorials in the American newspapers read more like bathroom graffiti than political commentary. One paper reported that "General Jackson's mother was a common prostitute, brought to this country by the British soldiers! She afterward married a mulatto man, with whom she had several children, of which number General Jackson is one!"
                          Back then when two people got in a political scrap which they deemed to be irreconcilable They'd meet in private and simply dual it out like Hamilton did with the Former Jefferson VP Burr. You can understand how this would curb allot of loose tongues and save the American people a whole lot of grief given the fact people stood behind their words. You could also apply that to people in the media. Could you imagine people from Fox vs CNN dueling it out (without the aid of hit men doing those jobs for pay)?

The world has changed but the political mud slinging remains with us unfortunately.

Who'd Thunk it happed before?

In backroom deals that were considered corrupt then and now, the House elected John Quincy Adams to the office of president. Jackson was not one to forget something like that, and Adams' presidency would be constantly hounded by calls of illegitimacy for the rest of his term.
                          Use of military against its own citizens?

In 1832, Andrew Jackson implemented a new tariff on goods. Jackson, a staunch proponent of the central government, made it very clear that he would use military might to force South Carolina to accept the tariff if they did not do it peacefully.
                          How bout a President hated by both parties? Sounds Trumpish to me.

The first vice president to take office after the death of an incumbent, John Tyler would find his entire presidency plagued by a Congress that didn’t want him. While technically a member of the Whig Party, he would veto several pieces of their legislation while in office and was expelled from the party. Most of his cabinet resigned. With the Democratic Party disliking him as well, he became the only sitting president to not belong to any political party at one point during a presidency.
                          Trouble on the Mexican Boarder?

While generally considered one of the more influential presidents in American history, James Polk, while still popular amongst his supporters, drew a lot of controversy from his opponents for his foreign policy, which included the Mexican-American war and the settling of the Oregon border with Canada. His Whig opponents constantly scrutinized him for being an imperialist.
                          Trouble in Cuba? You normally think of Kennedy? Think again.
                          Franklin Pierce generated a lot of controversy over his Ostend Manifesto, a document Peirce and his staff drafted to push the Spanish Empire into either allowing the U.S. to buy Cuba and admit it as a slave state, or force the U.S. to declare war in order to liberate it.
                          Impeachment?

When Lincoln's vice president, Andrew Johnson, became president after Lincoln's assassination, he was so disliked by his Congress that he became the first president to be impeached, and only avoided losing the presidency by one vote. His working relationship with Congress was non-existent. He would fail in carrying out laws and orders they passed, he sacked political officials without the consent of Congress and he is seen as having failed in leading the nation through reconstruction. He is generally considered one of the worst presidents.
                          Supreme Court justice?

When President Rutherford Hayes nominated Stanley Matthew as a Supreme Court justice. Rather than vote on the president’s final Supreme Court nominee, the Senate simply refused to vote on the measure, and Hayes' term ended before the issue could be brought up again. As such, the Senate avoided voting on the nomination.
                          IRS Problems?

Similar to current headlines, Harry Truman would find himself embroiled in scandal when an investigation into the IRS lead to the firing of 166 IRS employees. Truman was stained with allegations of corruption in the aftermath.
                          Taking Gifts when leaving office? Do the Clintons backing up a moving trailer to clean out the White House come first to mind?

Eisenhower’s administration would come under its share of investigation after several members of his administration, including his vice president, would find themselves under investigation as to how many of their “gifts” and personal purchases were allegedly funded by taxpayer money.
                          Lying their ass off to the American Public? No one could compare to this guy.

It was only after Lyndon Johnson left office that the true level of controversy was revealed. The Pentagon Papers were splashed across the front page of the New York Times, indicating that the president had systematically lied to the American people about American involvement and actions in the Southeast Asian region.
                          Political Spying to get elected then its cover up? They do the same except they simply crack into computers instead of cracking into an office. Doesn't make it any less illegal.

Nixon ordered the break-in of the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C. While the act itself was bad, it was the ensuing cover-up attempted by the Nixon administration that became truly infamous, with Nixon’s constant dodging of questions and reluctance to hand over evidence eventually leading to the obvious threat of impeachment and Nixon’s resignation, the only president to resign from office.
                          I could post more but its obvious what's going on today is as old as the hills. Far worse have occurred with foreign governments that make our so called "Scandals" look amateur by comparison, and that's only the stuff we know about, not what remained secret from the public.

I think the public can tolerate a certain amount of dirty politics especially when they know most of its is 100% pure BS created by one party to get steal power instead of earning it.

As always time has a way of purifying what actually happened it past. Once the insane passions of the fanatics looses momentum and is refocused on the next victim, the true historians will be allowed to write an unbiased account of the actual events without being lynched by the mob who is trying to invent their own history.

Lies and false truths have a habit of disappearing into thin air when those who promote them die off and are unable to propagate their false realities. It may take years to dig through the layers of BS heaped upon the truth but even the most ingenious tombs made by man to bury secrets eventually see the light.
                          Last edited by WRGKMC; 02-06-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WRGKMC View Post
                            Hell, mud slinging is as old as our nation is.

Back then when two people got in a political scrap which they deemed to be irreconcilable They'd meet in private and simply dual it out like Hamilton did with the Former Jefferson VP Burr. You can understand how this would curb allot of loose tongues and save the American people a whole lot of grief given the fact people stood behind their words. You could also apply that to people in the media. Could you imagine people from Fox vs CNN dueling it out (without the aid of hit men doing those jobs for pay)?

The world has changed but the political mud slinging remains with us unfortunately.

Who'd Thunk it happed before?

Use of military against its own citizens?

How bout a President hated by both parties? Sounds Trumpish to me.

Trouble on the Mexican Boarder?

Trouble in Cuba? You normally think of Kennedy? Think again.

Impeachment?

Supreme Court justice?

IRS Problems?

Taking Gifts when leaving office? Do the Clintons backing up a moving trailer to clean out the White House come first to mind?

Lying their ass off to the American Public? No one could compare to this guy.

Political Spying to get elected then its cover up? They do the same except they simply crack into computers instead of cracking into an office. Doesn't make it any less illegal.

I could post more but its obvious what's going on today is as old as the hills. Far worse have occurred with foreign governments that make our so called "Scandals" look amateur by comparison, and that's only the stuff we know about, not what remained secret from the public.

I thing the public can tolerate a certain amount of dirty politics especially when they know most of its is 100% pure BS created by an party who will do anything to get steal their power back instead or earning that trust honestly. As always time has a way of purifying what actually happened it past history once the insane passions of the public looses interest and historians are allows to write an unbiased account of the events without being lynched by the mob who is trying to invent their own history.
                            You had to go back 200 years and still no example of a president accusing an opponent of “treason”, let alone for something as innocuous as not applauding a presidential speech. And 200 years of incidents combined don’t add up to 2 years of Trump.

But thanks for underscoring those facts!
                            RobRoy: "There is an "honest grit" to his lying."

Comment

• RogueGnome
                              RogueGnome commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yeah, and no trips down the Nixon Memory Lane, either.

Could you imagine how Trump would have reacted if someone would have shouted "you lie!" like Rep Wilson did during a speech Obama was giving?

Comment

Working...
                            X