No announcement yet.

OT - Hey Anton...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Hey Anton...

Something was just announced that might interest you...

http://www.harmonycentral.com/news/w...c-announcement

We'll have to see if it's any good or not (I've already requested a review unit), but based on their previous products, I'm optimistic.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Is that a sex toy?
    George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

• The Badger
      The Badger commented
      Editing a comment
      No, but I'm sure it will let you talk dirty to it. Just keep in mind that it repeats everything you say, louder than when you said it.

speaking of mics, I found this interesting. I was surprised at which mics I liked, and which I didn't...

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/gu...sync-recording

Comment

Want.
      flip the phase

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
        Is that a sex toy?
        According to Frank Zappa, it might be...

Definitely NSFW - you've been warned.

"It looks just like a Telefunken U47"

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by gubu View Post
          Want.
          If it's as good as their other stuff, yeah - me too. I've got most of my classic mic bases covered, but I don't have a '47 clone.

- George Carlin

Comment

And as if one '47 style mic isn't enough to get people talking, they've also announced a FET version... for $300.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/news/d...he-wa-47jr-fet

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by wasgtrjones View Post
              speaking of mics, I found this interesting. I was surprised at which mics I liked, and which I didn't...

Cool link - thanks for posting that!

I personally own about a quarter of the mics on that list, and have tried / used the majority of the rest of them, which gives me an advantage that many people don't have, but that's a really cool tool for people who are unfamiliar with the bulk of them.

And FWIW, it did nothing to change my opinions / preferences.

- George Carlin

Comment

I want one! I've got a vintage Raytheon 5751 (Windmill Getter) that should fit just right.
                Last edited by RGx2; 11-10-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Cool link - thanks for posting that!

I personally own about a quarter of the mics on that list, and have tried / used the majority of the rest of them, which gives me an advantage that many people don't have, but that's a really cool tool for people who are unfamiliar with the bulk of them.

And FWIW, it did nothing to change my opinions / preferences.

I was surprised that I liked the $99 se-7 mic better than a 421 or almost any of the LDCs.

Comment

I'd prefer to have it be a blind listen. The SM57 sounded pretty good in both clips. It may be that it's more accepting of transients.
                    Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

I was surprised that I liked the $99 se-7 mic better than a 421 or almost any of the LDCs.
                      I was kind of surprised Lynn (I assume) picked an XLII for the 414... that wouldn't be the 414 I would reach for to use on a guitar amp.

As far as the 421, I've used them on guitars occasionally, but it's not really one of my favorite guitar amp mics. The Beyer M160 OTOH...

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                      X