Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember those racist messages at the US Air Force Academy?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember those racist messages at the US Air Force Academy?

They found out who was responsible for them, and it was one of the supposed "victims."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-...iFq?li=BBnbfcL

Why on earth would someone do something like that?

I know the article says he did so to try to divert attention away from other things he was apparently in trouble for, but that's no excuse. It makes it harder on those who have legitimate complaints...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Very similar story locally, too.
    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Sad and pathetic. Glad he got booted out for this.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
      For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
      Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
        Very similar story locally, too.

What happened?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

“There’s a great rule: All initial reports are false,″ Gorka said. “We’ve had a series of crimes committed, alleged hate crimes, by right-wing individuals in the last six months, that turned out to actually have been propagated by the left.”
          This quote really stuck out to me in the article. Like you ask, why? Well there is your motivation, or at least a part of it.
          Last edited by TrumpIsGreat; 11-08-2017, 11:10 AM.
          Happy Camper

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpIsGreat View Post

This really stuck out to me in the article. Like you ask, why? Well there is your motivation, or at least a part of it.

Sebastian Gorka blamed "the left"? lol. Oh, ok.

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
              Phil O'Keefe commented
              Editing a comment
              Big surprise there, right?

• TrumpIsGreat
              TrumpIsGreat commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, because 'Sabastian' should never say what actually is taking place because he is an outspoken righty? I mean after all it is just Gorka, right?
              Last edited by TrumpIsGreat; 11-08-2017, 11:54 AM.

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

What happened?
            Two articles below; one story.

source YPSILANTI, MI - Eastern Michigan students expressed surprise and disappointment on Tuesday, Oct. 24, to the arrest and arraignment of a former student in connection with racist vandalism found on campus.
            The racist messages targeted the black community at Eastern. Curlin is a black man and police believe his motive was personal.
            McDonald, who is black, felt the vandalism was intended to stir things up on campus.
            "I just think that he was just trying to create problems, because it doesn't make any sense," she said.

Curlin is an African American.

Eddie Curlin, 29, was arraigned in Washtenaw County District Court on three counts of malicious destruction of property, four counts of identity theft and one count of using computers to commit a crime in connection with the vandalism incidents that took place on campus beginning in fall 2016.
            Last edited by RogueGnome; 11-08-2017, 11:59 AM.
            To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty sad Rogue.

Basically it sounds like that particular example was in fact someone who did it out of a desire to increase racial tensions...

I can understand why it made the local students feel sad and disappointed. As I said earlier, I think false reports like these just make it more difficult for those with legitimate complaints. Unfortunately, aren't there enough of those to be concerned about already?

IMHO what we need are solutions and understanding, not people (apparently on both sides of the political aisle) who are trying to make things worse.

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpIsGreat View Post

This quote really stuck out to me in the article. Like you ask, why? Well there is your motivation, or at least a part of it.
                Trolling or not, I sincerely hope you realize whose water you're carrying around here.

Sad,
                Originally posted by RobRoy
                There is an "honest grit" to his lying.

Comment

• TrumpIsGreat
                  TrumpIsGreat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here we go again with the trolling diatribe.

• -Ed Phobes-
                  -Ed Phobes- commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just can't believe that anyone so admires such a horrible person.

• Phil O'Keefe
                  Phil O'Keefe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you think he's trolling, feel free to report it, but please don't accuse other forumites of trolling. The best response to a real troll is to ignore them and deny them the attention and reactions that they desperately crave.

And you never know - he could very well be sincere in his admiration for Dr. Gorka. He's not without his admirers.

These types of hoaxes have become low hanging fruit. Graffiti something really offensive amidst groups who are already easily offended and networked together on Facebook and Twitter...

It's the Easy-Bake Oven recipe for anonymous provocateurs.
                Last edited by rbstern; 11-08-2017, 03:28 PM.

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

Comment

Thank you racism industry and the democrat plantation!
                  Last edited by nedezero1; 11-08-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I'm shocked!

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

thank god, we got to the bottom of the REAL problems of race in the United States! All the while, it's been a myth propagated by the left! Who knew!!??

Comment

Come to think of it...shouldn't false-flag racism be considered a hate crime?

Comment

Hope he gets the help he needs.....
                        Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Jesus Saves..

Comment

Working...
                        X