No announcement yet.

Something that might stop shootings like the one in Texas

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that might stop shootings like the one in Texas

I've never met a person that thought that anyone should just be able to walk off the street and buy any firearm they choose. There is strong consensus that there need to be at least SOME restrictions. And, in fact, something was proposed several years ago that would have, if implemented, directly impacted the shooter's ability to legally acquire any guns. Unfortunately, it did not com to pass. Grassley-Cruz in 2013. If only...but maybe it could be resurrected. The details are interesting and very applicable to this case.
    Democrats Filibustered Legislation That Would Have Resulted in Texas Church Shooter Being in Prison

All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Somehow I knew it was going to be Obama's fault.
    Ted Cruz
    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

But, two, and this is an even more critical piece, if it had been reported to the background database, when he went into Academy to buy this — these weapons, he lied on the forms. That is a felony to lie on those forms. The Obama administration didn’t prosecute those cases. In 2010, 48,000 felons and fugitives lied and illegally tried to purchase guns. They prosecuted only 44 of them.”
      Very interesting information, thank you, what is that bout coming home to roost? Face palm would be right for this.
      Last edited by TrumpIsGreat; 11-07-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

But wait - wasn't the Defense Department already legally obligated to report Mr. Kelly's crimes to the Federal Database? Before the Grassley-Cruz bill? Wasn't it already a requirement anyway?

What's that old saw? Why don't we just enforce the laws we DO have?

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
          I've never met a person that thought that anyone should just be able to walk off the street and buy any firearm they choose. There is strong consensus that there need to be at least SOME restrictions. And, in fact, something was proposed several years ago that would have, if implemented, directly impacted the shooter's ability to legally acquire any guns. Unfortunately, it did not com to pass. Grassley-Cruz in 2013. If only...but maybe it could be resurrected. The details are interesting and very applicable to this case.
          http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/11/06/cruz-democrats-filibustered-legislation-that-would-have-resulted-in-texas-church-shooter-being-in-prison/"]Democrats Filibustered Legislation That Would Have Resulted in Texas Church Shooter Being in Prison[/URL]
          No dems voted for Grassley-Cruz because it did absolutely nothing about person-to-person gun transfers.

No matter how good the mental health provision was, it went nowhere because of that intentionally included poison pill.

Comment

Working...
          X