No announcement yet.

Americans actually SUCK when it comes to shooting guns

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans actually SUCK when it comes to shooting guns

One would think that with our national obsession with guns, and with so many Americans who buy guns for (so they claim) target shooting, hunting, competition and other sporting events, that we'd clean up at the Olympic shooting events.

As much as America tends to dominate so many events in the Olympics, anything involving guns should be OURS, right? America IS guns and guns ARE America!

But apparently not. Actually...we suck at the Olympic shooting events. The Europeans kick our butts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ts_in_shooting
    Last edited by guido61; 11-06-2017, 11:36 PM.

But we excel at worshipping guns.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Sam Adams: terrorist, patriot, and public enemy #1.

Comment

Look I get it Guido. You want all guns off the street, you want to control healthcare and you want to revoke the Electoral College so the left can control everything. It is not going to happen. You know it and I know it. How many gun threads does this make for you? Get over it or move. It is that simple.

Comment

• TrumpIsGreat
        TrumpIsGreat commented
        Editing a comment
        I think thread count may play a role.

B.S..

Comment

Not sure how you arrived at the narrative you did, but the U.S. has a lot of medals on that page. Dominant like basketball, or the former Soviets in hockey? No. But nothing to be embarrassed about. There are other countries with strong gun traditions, too. The Finns, Nords, Swedes and Swiss all have strong marksmanship cultures.

Also, the number of high school rifle and shotgun sports teams in the U.S. have been on the decline for decades because of irrational gun control spillover. 4H and Boy Scounts shooting programs...same issue. Milquetoast parents whose irrational fears lead them to think that familiarity with guns = danger from guns, when in fact, the reverse is true.

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

Comment

Originally posted by rbstern View Post
          Milquetoast parents whose irrational fears
          Arm the children! It's the only way for rational parents.

Zip
          665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

• TrumpIsGreat
            TrumpIsGreat commented
            Editing a comment
            But there is no minimum age for long gun (i.e. rifle and shotgun) ownership. Twenty states and the District of Columbia have set their own minimum age laws ranging from 14 in Montana to 21 in Illinois, but in the remaining 30 states it’s technically legal for a child to possess a long gun.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.23c427987b15

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
          One would think that with our national obsession with guns, and with so many Americans who buy guns for (so they claim) target shooting, hunting, competition and other sporting events, that we'd clean up at the Olympic shooting events.

As much as America tends to dominate so many events in the Olympics, anything involving guns should be OURS, right? America IS guns and guns ARE America!

But apparently not. Actually...we suck at the Olympic shooting events. The Europeans kick our butts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ts_in_shooting
          Single-shot accuracy isn't a requirement when you're using a bump stock on a semi-automatic weapon.
          Originally posted by RobRoy
          There is an "honest grit" to his lying.

Comment

Originally posted by rbstern View Post
            Not sure how you arrived at the narrative you did, but the U.S. has a lot of medals on that page. Dominant like basketball, or the former Soviets in hockey? No. But nothing to be embarrassed about. There are other countries with strong gun traditions, too. The Finns, Nords, Swedes and Swiss all have strong marksmanship cultures.

Also, the number of high school rifle and shotgun sports teams in the U.S. have been on the decline for decades because of irrational gun control spillover. 4H and Boy Scounts shooting programs...same issue. Milquetoast parents whose irrational fears lead them to think that familiarity with guns = danger from guns, when in fact, the reverse is true.

I'd love to see a link that supports your assertion that the reason school shooting teams are declining is 'irrational gun control spillover'...

Comment

Originally posted by Waka62 View Post
              Look I get it Guido. You want all guns off the street,
              I do not and have never said such a thing.

you want to control healthcare
              Me? Why would I want to control healthcare?

and you want to revoke the Electoral College so the left can control everything.
              I've stated in this forum that I support the Electoral College many times.

It is not going to happen. You know it and I know it.
              I'm not sure WHAT you know, but you don't know much about me, apparently.

How many gun threads does this make for you?
              Two yesterday. Three if you count the one I started about the Texas shooting the day before.

Get over it or move. It is that simple.
              Ey yi, Captain.

Comment

Originally posted by wasgtrjones View Post
                I'd love to see a link that supports your assertion that the reason school shooting teams are declining is 'irrational gun control spillover'...
                https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,1926787&hl=en

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...e-school-rifle

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/338167

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

Comment

Today, I wonder if some people subconsciously view firearms as an extension of their ethos or masculinity. Just holding a weapon gives many a sense of power, control, and confidence. To persons that have been abused, had bad luck, or feel that they have been ignored, a weapon may give them feeling of newly found respect. Unfortunately, these same people may lash out against others in an act of retribution that can have terrible outcomes. Until this country commits more resources to the mentally ill, we will continue to have more massacres. My $.02.
                  Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

Working...
                  X