No announcement yet.

Face it: The Time for Coal is Now

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face it: The Time for Coal is Now

Oh sure, we'll get lots of great jobs. More jobs than have ever existed anywhere. Or everywhere; believe me.
    And I can tell you this- we can never have too many places named Bald Mountain in W Virginia.
    But, if you've been wasting your time studying the impact of the tax debacle, you might have missed the best part, friends.
    Thank you, Jesus that common sense has been restored to the Executive branch and thank you for delivering Scott Pruitt to us, Lord.
    Deep breath now.
    Breathe in.
    Breathe out.
    source
    A man who once claimed that the air in America was "a little too clean for optimum health", has been appointed to an advisory board of America's Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
    Robert Phalen once claimed that children’s lungs need to breathe irritants so their bodies can learn to fight them.
    The former director of the Air Pollution Health Effects Laboratory at the University of California Irvine was appointed to the agency’s critical Scientific Advisory Board by EPA Director Scott Pruitt.
    Mr Pruitt has recently removed all the scientists who receive grant money from the agency.
    Speaking to the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 2012, Mr Phalen told the audience: “Modern air is a little too clean for optimum health.”

To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

It's not even Thanksgiving yet; let's wait a few weeks before we talk about Christmas.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
    For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
    Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
      Would

Comment

Trump could read this if he cared about information. As it is, he doesn't. He goes with his gut. His gut is full of crap. This is what happens when you elect someone in 2016 who is still stuck in 1960. Conservatives are natural-born leaders

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35568249

More than 5.5 million people worldwide are dying prematurely every year as a result of air pollution, according to new research.
        George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
        Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

what wrong with him doc?

I don't know. maybe the air he's breathing is too clean. give him some coal dust to breath. that will make him fell better

Comment

Heck yea, breathing clean air next to the Fukushima power plant devastation is a really good idea, the left just can't stop tripping over their own thinking.

Comment

• onelife
              onelife commented
              Editing a comment
              With nuclear power, we acknowledge the fact that the waste is dangerous and needs to be contained.

When it comes to fossil fuels, the industry tends to justify the associated pollution by touting job numbers.

Originally posted by TrumpIsGreat View Post
            Heck yea, breathing clean air next to the Fukushima power plant devastation is a really good idea, the left just can't stop tripping over their own thinking.
            and you're tilting at windmills now, trump.
            don't get any of your appendages caught in the works there now, boy.
            To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

• TrumpIsGreat
              TrumpIsGreat commented
              Editing a comment
              yea good point, thanks

my son in-law is a coal miner. he just got certified for underground in WV. the PA mines aren't doing as well as WV mines -- closer to the river I guess but area mines are hiring. but it takes so few miners these days to run a mine that coal jobs will never be what they were.
            Last edited by moogerfooger; 11-08-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X