Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess now is not the time either ..........

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess now is not the time either ..........

To talk about guns. Am i right ?

Guns don’t kill people, right?

People would find some other way right?

People never use assault rifles, right?

If only those parishioners were armed, right?

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

The solution is pew holsters. If you are sitting in a pew, it may be more difficult to draw your gun when the fun begins, therefore, special pew holsters would answer that dire need.
    Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

For crying out loud, mooger-not now!
      Now is not the time, mooger.

To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
        For crying out loud, mooger-not now!
        Now is not the time, mooger.
        prayers sent

and thoughts.
        Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

“It’s a mental health issue at the highest level, so let’s repeal Obamacare.”

Dummies.
          Don't even bother. You can't win.

Flag a Post
          The Report has been sent.
          [OK]

Comment

Have you no decency?

Are you trying to politicize a tragedy?

What about all those deadly trucks still on the road?

Comment

It’s always too early.

Until, once again, it’s too late.
              x

Comment

You know how I always post about how a courageous and intelligent atheist is extremely dangerous? This guy is a textbook case of exactly what I was talking about. He shares a lot of views and attitudes of many atheists I've sparred with throughout the years. Fortunately, none of them (that I am aware of) have shown the will to act on them:

Texas Church Shooter Was Atheist, Thought Christians ‘Stupid’
                The man who shot and killed 26 people in a Texas church on Sunday is reported to be a creepy, crazy, and weird outcast who preached atheism online.

Former classmates of the Texas church shooter, Devin Patrick Kelley, said he was an atheist and outcast who thought Christians were stupid, the Daily Mail reported.

“He was always talking about how people who believe in God we’re stupid and trying to preach his atheism,” former New Braunfels High School classmate Nina Rose Nava posted on Facebook. She said she was in “complete shock” after learning Kelley was the killer. “I legit just deleted him off my fb cause I couldn’t stand his post.”

Facebook user Christopher Leo Longoria responded, saying, “I removed him off FB for those same reasons! He was being super nagtive (sic) all the timd (sic),” the news outlet reported.

Another classmate, Patrick Boyce, told the Daily Mail, “He was the first atheist I met. He went Air Force after high school, got discharged but I don’t know why.” He said Kelley seemed depressed lately. “He had a kid or two, fairly normal,” he said. “I was just shocked. Shill haven’t quite processed how he could have done that.”

Responding to Nava’s Facebook post, Michael Goff stated, “He was weird but never that damn weird, always posting his atheist sh** like Nina wrote, but damn he always posted pics of him and his baby — crazy.”

Nava described her former classmate as an outcast but not a loner. “He was popular among other outcast. I haven’t spoke to him since high school,” she wrote.

Sill another outcast, whose identity the Daily Mail kept private, said “I grew up going to school with him… Always creeped me out and was different.”
                And Of course, regarding guns:
                A Good Guy With a Gun Put an End to Texas Church Shooting
                While many liberals have been quick to call for gun control in the wake of the devastating church shooting in Texas on Sunday, in the hands of a ‘good guy’ a gun is what finally put an end to the massacre.

Devin Kelley, a 26-year-old veteran who was kicked out of the Air Force for assaulting his wife and child, entered the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, at approximately 11:30 a.m. He killed 26 people making it the deadliest shooting in a place of worship in America. The death toll could’ve been much higher, however, had he not been “engaged” by an armed citizen.

“At approximately 11:20 this morning a suspect was seen at a Valero gas station in Sutherland Springs, Texas,” Freeman Martin, a major in the Texas Rangers and spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, told reporters. “He was dressed in all black. That suspect crossed the street to the church, exited his vehicle and began firing at the church.”

“That suspect then moved to the right side of the church and then continued to fire,” he added. “That suspect entered the church and continued to fire. As he exited the church, a local resident grabbed his rifle and engaged that suspect. The suspect dropped his rifle, which was a Ruger AR assault-type rifle and fled from the church."

Freeman said the armed citizen didn’t stop there but pursued Kelley after he dropped his weapon.

"A short time later as law enforcement responded that suspect right at the Wilson/Guadalupe County line crashed out and was found deceased in his vehicle,” Freeman said. “At this time we don’t know if it was a self-inflicted gunshot wound or if he was shot by the local resident.”

The victims ranged in age from 5 to 72, according to authorities, who are still searching for a motive.
                Last edited by RobRoy; 11-07-2017, 12:21 PM.
                All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

• Hoot Owl
                  Hoot Owl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't know. I just heard on the tele that he was devoutly Christian.
                  When you're nuts though, I don't think it matters.

• Yakburger
                  Yakburger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What a load hogwash.

• RobRoy
                  RobRoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I cleaned up my original text within this to keep from violating the "spirit" of the rules here.

Typical gun fan nonsense. To cheer the “good guy with the gun” who finally took him down rather than focus on the 26 people whose deaths never should have occurred in the first place

Comment

• Waka62
                  Waka62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Would you care to elaborate on how many more lives would have been taken if this "good guy" hadn't
                  confronted the shooter? Why can't we focus on the 26 deaths and at the same time thank the man who stopped all of this? I think your political agenda is much more important to you than this terrible tragedy.

• guido61
                  guido61 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m glad he had a role in stopping the guy. I consider him a hero. Although it now seems Kelley killed himself. But we don’t know what he would have done after he left the church. Maybe he would have killed more people; maybe not. We can thank the man. But it is wrong to use what he did as an argument for why we need such proliferation of such deadly weapons. The focus needs to be on preventing these shootings. Not stopping the guy after “only” 26 deaths.

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                You know how I always post about how a courageous and intelligent atheist is extremely dangerous? This guy is a textbook case of exactly what I was talking about. He shares a lot of views and attitudes of many here, but with the courage and will to act on them:

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/11/05/report-texas-church-shooter-atheist-thought-christians-stupid/"]Texas Church Shooter Was Atheist, Thought Christians ‘Stupid’[/URL]

And Of course, regarding guns:
                https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/11/06/a-good-guy-with-a-gun-put-an-end-to-texas-church-shooting-n2405377/print"]A Good Guy With a Gun Put an End to Texas Church Shooting[/URL]
                Oh **************** off and how dare you compare any of us to this psychopath. Way the F out of line.

I'm a proud atheist and think religion is stupid and destructive but have and will never hurt a fly.
                Last edited by SexWithRobots; 11-06-2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Waka62
                  Waka62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Evidently there are bad atheists just as there are bad christians. Can we add muslims to that too?

Originally posted by SexWithRobots View Post

Oh **************** off and how dare you compare any of us to this psychopath. Way the F out of line.

I'm a proud atheist and think religion is stupid and destructive but have and will never hurt a fly.
                you lack that courage and the will to act is all

Comment

Originally posted by SexWithRobots View Post

I think this must be a very difficult time for some. White dude with an AR-15 shoots up a Christian church in a tiny rural town. Since all their usual recourses of blame don’t seem to exist in this case, they have to reach for extreme nonsense.

In this case: “he was an atheist” seems to be all they can come up with so far.

Comment

• Waka62
                    Waka62 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Instead of getting rid of the guns maybe we should get rid of the atheists. Novel idea!

Im turning in my atheist card

Comment

I defend Rob's right to accuse all of the atheists on this forum of wanting to act out just as this nutjob with a history of spousal and child abuse did.
                    Those of us who haven't (yet) done so are likely just not as courageous or as intelligent (according to Rob's logic) as the shooter with the non-Arab-sounding name.
                    His right to simplify this tragedy by blaming it on some group he doesn't like or respect shall not be abated, no matter how outrageously ludicrous his fatuous posts become.
                    SAD.
                    Last edited by RogueGnome; 11-06-2017, 08:51 AM.
                    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

Nope - I've never heard of an inanimate object jumping up on its own and killing anyone - it's people wielding them that is the problem.

Based on the various truck and bombing attacks we've seen in the USA and Europe (where gun laws are much more strict) I'm afraid so.

This tragedy and the Vegas shooting included, you're still statistically much more likely to be hit by a lightning strike than killed by an assailant with a long gun of any type.

Apparently it's a good thing that the guy across the street was armed - according to the witnesses, the massacre could have been far worse if the bad guy was not confronted with a good guy who was similarly armed and willing to fight back.

Good thing we have a right to self defense and a Second Amendment that gives law-abiding people the tools in which to do so against those who would wish to do them harm, right?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• bildo
                        bildo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Phil! Your post probably saved me from getting banned.

• Waka62
                        Waka62 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well said Phil. I can now kick this thread to the curb.

Working...
                    X