No announcement yet.

How is Trump still around anyway?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Trump still around anyway?

We have all heard the phrase, "liar, liar, pants on fire". Wouldn't he have been reduced to a cinder long ago?

Normally, God would have struck him down long ago, but He put him in place as our President as a lesson for all Americans to learn about the evils of greed, gluttony, lust, and arrogance.

Comment

• bluzboy
      bluzboy commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean Allah.

Electorate common sense?

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

• New Trail
      New Trail commented
      Editing a comment
      Demonstrates peni$ size.

Hell if that phrase was true DC would be seriously scorched earth and the Fire Department would be the biggest employer in the neighborhood.

Comment

Trump is proof that God really hates America.
      To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

It’s a form of collective insanity.

Too bad Daryl isn’t here to expound upon that point.

Oh, wait a second ...he is here!

Comment

• New Trail
          New Trail commented
          Editing a comment
          He IS?

• bluzboy
          bluzboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Always. “Believe me.”

(But yeah, he is.)

100 years ago he would have been tarred & feathered by now.

The good old days.
        "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
        Sam Adams: terrorist, patriot, and public enemy #1.

Comment

• RogueGnome
          RogueGnome commented
          Editing a comment
          we can take some comfort in that he is virtually tarred and feathered in the press each-and-every day.

• panhandler
          panhandler commented
          Editing a comment
          Tru dat!

It doesn't take a partisan hack to see that Trump is just awful from every angle. He should have been a symbol of unity between the parties against a completely unqualified and unfit leader.

The denial and hypocrisy on the right is so strong they have completely lost any legitimacy
        Last edited by SexWithRobots; 10-27-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• New Trail
          New Trail commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably won't keep them from continuing to win elections, though.

Originally posted by SexWithRobots View Post
        It doesn't take a partisan hack to see that Trump is just awful from every angle. He should have been a symbol of unity between the parties against a completely unqualified and unfit leader.

The denial and hypocrisy on the right is so strong they have completely lost any legitimacy
        There’s lots and lots of hate and fear on the right, too.

I don’t think that can be emphasized enough. People tend to make really bad choices when that’s their primary motivation.

Turns them into cowards and traitors.

Last edited by bluzboy; 10-27-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SexWithRobots View Post

It certainly does bring into question just exactly HOW BAD would someone have to be before the parties would unite against him.

And the worst part, IMO, isn't even so much that he is incompetent. We've had incompetent presidents before and we can survive that pretty easily. But we've never had one--at least in my lifetime--that actually sought to sow division. Our presidents have all at least given the lip-service to national unity and being the leader of ALL the people. Trump has, from day one, sought to appeal only to the 30% who love him and force that agenda down the throats of the rest of us. So naturally the 30% LOVE that. And Trump is so narcissistic that he mistakes strong support from a small group for broad support.

The problem, of course, are those in the GOP who are putting up with it because they think they can work with the guy to forward their agenda.

This scenario has played out before in other nations and hasn't gone so well. Thankfully, Trump is mostly just an egotistical buffoon and doesn't actually have evil intent. So hopefully it will all work out OK in the end and, this too shall pass.

Comment

I guess because half the nation, who were declared by many on this site as traitors, still want him around.

hay, it just occurred to me - now that whole Russian witch-hunt has finally focused on a true witch, are all the peeps who voted for her suddenly traitors now?

of course not - but hopefully you realize what a stupid notion that was to begin with.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
              AJ6stringsting commented
              Editing a comment
              Trump is going to be a goner, sooner than you'll admit.

conservatives & moderates voted him in by a landslide, he is only enacting policy they want to see for america
            {O,O}
            (__(\
            " "

Comment

• bluzboy
              bluzboy commented
              Editing a comment
              So I take it you approve of his....er, “management style?”

• AJ6stringsting
              AJ6stringsting commented
              Editing a comment
              Somebody forgot that Trump lost the Popular Vote by 3.5 to 4.3 million votes.
              Did the Germans really bomb Pearl Bailey ?

Originally posted by emerson biggens View Post
            I guess because half the nation, who were declared by many on this site as traitors, still want him around.
            Closer to 30% than half, but whose counting?

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Closer to 30% than half, but whose counting?
              why, the electoral college, which counts more than anything of course. Unless, of course, the DNC chairman manages to take an eraser to the constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by emerson biggens View Post

why, the electoral college, which counts more than anything of course.
                It does. But it has nothing at all to do with "half", does it?

So do you actually NOT understand how our system works, or DO you understand and are purposely being disingenuous with your comments?

Which is it?

Comment

• bluzboy
                  bluzboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Obviously. The answer is “both “

Working...
              X