Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats to like about Bob Corker and Jeff Flake?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats to like about Bob Corker and Jeff Flake?

​Well for one thing, they "tell it like it is". I'm not quite sure but I think I've heard that attribute mentioned before about a certain politician.

​Just glad we're all in agreement.
    ~~I was not. I was. I am not. I do not care

They both have much larger hands than Trump

Comment

• fretmess
      fretmess commented
      Editing a comment
      That one never grows old.

Policy-wise, not a whole lot.

But they are the only republicans with spines enough to call out the psycho turnip.

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post
      Policy-wise, not a whole lot.

But they are the only republicans with spines enough to call out the psycho turnip.
      ....only after they decided not to seek re-election.

Still, a partial spine is better than no spine at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzboy View Post

....only after they decided not to seek re-election.

Still, a partial spine is better than no spine at all.
        It’s sure to get them gigs as “analysts” on cable TV shows for years to come!

Comment

Eating corn flakes in water and drinking a bottle of Cripple Ripple, both leave a bad taste in your mouth.
          Last edited by TrumpIsGreat; 10-26-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

They're not seeking re-election because they're both afraid of losing. The whole lashing out at Trump thing comes off as a bit weak, since:
            a) they've both voted pretty much in lockstep with Trump.
            b) if they really wanted to fight back, they'd stay in office, not quit, but...
            c) they were both facing tough races that would have been tougher with Trump and Bannon gunning for them.

I don't have much respect for either.
            And they both have bad last names.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
            For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
            Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by E-money View Post
              They're not seeking re-election because they're both afraid of losing. The whole lashing out at Trump thing comes off as a bit weak, since:
              a) they've both voted pretty much in lockstep with Trump.
              b) if they really wanted to fight back, they'd stay in office, not quit, but...
              c) they were both facing tough races that would have been tougher with Trump and Bannon gunning for them.

I don't have much respect for either.
              And they both have bad last names.
              They aren’t leaving office. They are declining to run for re-election of seats they likely will lose. But they will serve out their terms.

What would garner more respect of them from you? To kiss Trump’s ass so they might have a better shot of winning re-election?

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

They aren’t leaving office. They are declining to run for re-election of seats they likely will lose. But they will serve out their terms.

What would garner more respect of them from you? To kiss Trump’s ass so they might have a better shot of winning re-election?

I thought my post was fairly clear; I said in my first sentence that they're not seeking reelection; sorry if my "not quit" line confused you.
                I also said that they were not seeking reelection because they knew there's a good chance that they were going to lose.

What would garner more respect would be trying to win re-election by running against Trump's policies and personality.
                They're pretty much opening the door for pro-Trump candidates to take their jobs.
                Giving up and complaining when they pretty much sided with everything he did is quite lame.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

I thought my post was fairly clear; I said in my first sentence that they're not seeking reelection; sorry if my "not quit" line confused you.
                  I also said that they were not seeking reelection because they knew there's a good chance that they were going to lose.

What would garner more respect would be trying to win re-election by running against Trump's policies and personality.
                  They're pretty much opening the door for pro-Trump candidates to take their jobs.
                  Giving up and complaining when they pretty much sided with everything he did is quite lame.
                  So instead they should spend the next year begging for campaign dollars for an election they are pretty sure they will lose?

Not sure I really see much integrity in that.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

So instead they should spend the next year begging for campaign dollars for an election they are pretty sure they will lose?

Not sure I really see much integrity in that.

There's not much integrity in being pro-Trump (Corker certainly was) until he doesn't name you to his cabinet, and then sniping at him after you decide you don't want to be in politics anymore (when you really do, but you know you're not going to win).

There's really not much these guys can do to gain my respect at this point.

Comment

even trumps own party cant stand him - problem, none of them have enough backbone to speak out until they quit.

Comment

There's not much integrity in being pro-Trump (Corker certainly was) until he doesn't name you to his cabinet, and then sniping at him after you decide you don't want to be in politics anymore (when you really do, but you know you're not going to win).

There's really not much these guys can do to gain my respect at this point.
                        That goes for anyone who voted for trump...I have absolutely no respect for them.

Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

At least we know the attitude towards trump from republicans is that He's an incompetent moron, most are just more worried about getting re elected.

Comment

I once worked for a company where an incompetent moron was brought in as the manager. Our division was running pretty smooth for the most part. We all knew what to do and how to do it. But there were some issues with performance and the bosses wanted Fresh Blood at the top and this guy had impressed them all with big talk while schmoozing them on the golf course or some such. But he was a clueless idiot.

But the higher-ups loved the guy. So complaining to them that he was actually ruining things didn't do any good. Anyone who did so was seen as 'part of the problem'. So most of us just grinned and beared it. Put our heads down and went to work every day and did our business the best we could and worked with the new guy where we could and worked around him as best we could. Put on the big smile for the bosses when they came through while still trying to let them know that "hey, this isn't working and this guy is an idiot" and hoped that it would all eventually pass.

A few people just couldn't stand it and left the company because they felt they had better options or hated it all so much that they just had to get out, period. But for most others they either liked or needed the job more than they despised the new boss so they just put up with it and hoped for the best and that it would all work out in the end.

Some people respect those who left for doing so; other resented them for abandoning ship when we needed them most.

Eventually the moron DID get fired as things got worse and the bosses finally figured out he wasn't the Magic Savior they thought he was going to be when they put him in charge. But it took a while.
                            Last edited by guido61; 10-27-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X