Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who are the leaders of the democrat party?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who are the leaders of the democrat party?

When it’s time to pick someone to run against Trump (and that day will be here before you know it), who’s it going to be? You’d think you could nominate a tree stump and walk away with a decisive victory – but you thought that last time, and how did that work out for ya?

Hillarity will probably be doing time in a couple years, so don’t turn your lonely eyes to her.

Bernie – the original Russian collusionist, will be holed up in an assisted living compound by then.

Al Gore? He’s not giving up that sweet gig he has now, managing other people’s wealth with an ex-Goldman Sacs exec. And I suspect he’s got more sheeple to fleece via those fascinating global-saming flix he’s so fond of producing. Hey, jet fuel ain’t cheap!

Miss Lube Rack? Naw, she’ll be in the bungalow next to Bernie.

Joe Biden? Not without the help of Betty Ford. Or perhaps he’ll say he will, then say no, then say he regrets not saying yes. good luck there.

Would you ever consider digging up Dingy Harry Reid? He was good for a few yucks. Maybe, if you can keep him away from rubber bands.

How about that chick with the red cowboy hat? Ha – democrats can talk like they’re enlightened, but they won’t walk that way. That will eliminate Maxine Waters too.

Or perhaps that cast of ‘also-rans’ that you dug up for last year’s primaries? Heck, I doubt that even Google remembers who they were – but I’m sure each of them is up to the task. (pardon me, I threw up a little in the back of my mouth. But I’ll be OK.)

Did I miss anyone?

ya know, the more I think about it, the better Trump looks. You too?
    Last edited by emerson biggens; 10-26-2017, 08:07 AM.

I'll mail you 500 dollars when Hillary goes to jail lol. Keep dreaming the only criminal and con artist is sitting in the WH.
    Last edited by SexWithRobots; 10-26-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by emerson biggens View Post
      How about that chick with the red cowboy hat? Ha – democrats can talk like they’re ‘woke’, but they won’t walk that way. That will eliminate Maxine Waters too.
      I'm not liking the way you phrased this, or the implications - care to clarify your intended meaning? You probably should if you want to avoid a ban, since it comes across as borderline racist.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• bildo
        bildo commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure there is racism there. I have refered to bildette before as "the chick in the red cowboy hat". But hey, we live in Texas.

• LARRY L
        LARRY L commented
        Editing a comment
        How was that at all racist?

Originally posted by emerson biggens View Post
      When it’s time to pick someone to run against Trump (and that day will be here before you know it), who’s it going to be? You’d think you could nominate a tree stump and walk away with a decisive victory – but you thought that last time, and how did that work out for ya?

Hillarity will probably be doing time in a couple years, so don’t turn your lonely eyes to her.

Bernie – the original Russian collusionist, will be holed up in an assisted living compound by then.

Al Gore? He’s not giving up that sweet gig he has now, managing other people’s wealth with an ex-Goldman Sacs exec. And I suspect he’s got more sheeple to fleece via those fascinating global-saming flix he’s so fond of producing. Hey, jet fuel ain’t cheap!

Miss Lube Rack? Naw, she’ll be in the bungalow next to Bernie.

Joe Biden? Not without the help of Betty Ford. Or perhaps he’ll say he will, then say no, then say he regrets not saying yes. good luck there.

Would you ever consider digging up Dingy Harry Reid? He was good for a few yucks. Maybe, if you can keep him away from rubber bands.

How about that chick with the red cowboy hat? Ha – democrats can talk like they’re ‘woke’, but they won’t walk that way. That will eliminate Maxine Waters too.

Or perhaps that cast of ‘also-rans’ that you dug up for last year’s primaries? Heck, I doubt that even Google remembers who they were – but I’m sure each of them is up to the task. (pardon me, I threw up a little in the back of my mouth. But I’ll be OK.)

Did I miss anyone?

ya know, the more I think about it, the better Trump looks. You too?
      A bit of a vacuum, to be sure.
      You know what would be funny, and almost but not quite as unlikely as any of your suggestions above?
      If Trump did what he has done so many times and reversed course,
      and joined the opposition.
      Last edited by RogueGnome; 10-26-2017, 07:37 AM.
      To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

I'm not liking the way you phrased this, or the implications - care to clarify your intended meaning? You probably should if you want to avoid a ban, since it comes across as borderline racist.
        If it's the 'chick in the Red Cowboy hat' part that you consider racist - I would counter that it's quite the contrary. Regardless of her race, I would use the exact same term. I don't recall her name, but her attempt to politicize the death of an American soldier is why I don't feel compelled to show excessive respect.

And I think that it's a valid point that the democrat party won't ever consider endorsing a black female as their sole candidate. I can site statements by democrat party leaders such as Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, and Harry Reid, all talking about Obama in terms that are nothing but racist.

Comment

• RogueGnome
          RogueGnome commented
          Editing a comment
          haha.
          you can't even invoke the party's name without using an epithet, emerson.
          You're hopeless.

• bluzboy
          bluzboy commented
          Editing a comment
          opcorn:

• emerson biggens
          emerson biggens commented
          Editing a comment
          OK, took out 'woke', then added another post explaining why I'm doubtful that the democrat party will ever nominate a black female candidate.

Originally posted by SexWithRobots View Post
        I'll mail you 500 dollars when Hillary goes to jail lol. Keep dreaming the only criminal and con artist is sitting in the WH.
        not likely I'll divulge my address for chicken scratch. Tell you what, donate it to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and be sure to report back when the check has been mailed.

Comment

• SexWithRobots
          SexWithRobots commented
          Editing a comment
          Slow down you need a conviction first.

OP's point is very valid (even if his delivery is a bit crude).

The Democrat party does seem a bit rudderless right now (which makes both parties rudderless).

My bet is on my home-state senator Cory Booker. Not a huge fan myself, but he'll get my vote over Trump.
        I would strongly consider a centrist Republican, if any exist and are willing to run.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
        For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
        Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Here's why I don't think the democrat party will nominate a black woman to run for president. What they say in private is very different than what they say publicly.

Mind you, these are quotes from the highest echelon of the democrat party, not the rank and file:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_10_26_14_09_011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	32089283

Name:	2017_10_26_14_09_234.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	32089284

Name:	2017_10_26_14_09_497.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	32089285

Comment

• bluzboy
            bluzboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, this sounds more like race baiting than saying they’re both a bit kooky to me. Phil?

Originally posted by E-money View Post
          OP's point is very valid (even if his delivery is a bit crude).

The Democrat party does seem a bit rudderless right now (which makes both parties rudderless).

My bet is on my home-state senator Cory Booker. Not a huge fan myself, but he'll get my vote over Trump.
          I would strongly consider a centrist Republican, if any exist and are willing to run.
          Theres a tried and true political maxim that when your opponent is in the process of self destructing, you don’t interfere. And we certainly see that happening now in the GOP. Although I think the Democrats may give the appearance of being rudderless, I think it’s only good politics not to deflect the spotlight from the mess the Reps have crated for themselves.

That said, the Dems are not without their intraparty struggles. And it will be interesting to see how far the party moves to the left in 2020 order to satisfy the progressive wing. Although I like Elizabeth Warren a lot, she’s probably too wonkish for ADHD America. I’m hoping they find a more dynamic candidate, someone like Franken would be a far better pick. But really, as long as it’s not Hillary, I think they have a better than good shot.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
            Tom Hicks commented
            Editing a comment
            There is currently a civil war in the GOP between the business-friendly moderate wing and the half-baked nationalist/ Tea Party/ Evangelical wing.

It's actually wise for the Democrats to utilize a let's you and them fight strategy.

Popcorn is optional.

Originally posted by bluzboy View Post

Theres a tried and true political maxim that when your opponent is in the process of self destructing, you don’t interfere. And we certainly see that happening now in the GOP. Although I think the Democrats may give the appearance of being rudderless, I think it’s only good politics not to deflect the spotlight from the mess the Reps have crated for themselves.

That said, the Dems are not without their intraparty struggles. And it will be interesting to see how far the party moves to the left in 2020 order to satisfy the progressive wing. Although I like Elizabeth Warren a lot, she’s probably too wonkish for ADHD America. I’m hoping they find a more dynamic candidate, someone like Franken would be a far better pick. But really, as long as it’s not Hillary, I think they have a better than good shot.

When the front-runner of your party (Sanders) isn't even from your party, and is 76 years old, you've got problems.
          The party needs a strong, young vocal leader constantly pointing out how Trump's policies are hurting this country. That person doesn't exist as of now.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
          For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
          Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

• bluzboy
            bluzboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Sanders was my choice, but he was never the frontrunner.

The only ones who insist he was are either Bernie Bots or Republicans.

• E-money
            E-money commented
            Editing a comment
            Since Hillary already announced she won't run in 2020, Sanders is the current front-runner.

Most of us would likely agree that there was a tremendous political backlash against Junior bush that works to the advantage of Obama in 08.

I suggest a signpost of that building backlash was Bush's sliding approval numbers. So keep an eye on Trump's numbers. And as a comedy sidebar expect Trump supporters to diss the polls as fake news.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Who was seen as the leader of the GOP at this time 4 years ago? Jeb Bush? Ted Cruz? Dick Cheney?

There will be a primary process and from that a candidate will emerge. Most likely someone very few people are talking about today.

That’s pretty much the way it always works.
            Last edited by guido61; 10-26-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Also look at fundraising.

Democrats’ early money haul stuns GOP
              A historic number of well-funded candidates have flooded Republican House districts ahead of 2018.

Democratic candidates are reporting historic early fundraising totals, alarming GOP strategists and raising the prospect that 2018 could feature the most expansive House battlefield in years.

“That’s something that should get every Republican’s attention in Washington,” said Jason Roe, a Republican strategist who works on House races. “These first-timers are printing money."
              http://www.politico.com/story/2017/1...e-races-244044

So - new Young candidates flush with cash at the same time as Republicans are retiring in surprising numbers.

And don't forget the conventional political wisdom that in midterm elections the party which controls the White House loses seats.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

So who are the leaders of the democrat party?

obama, biden, pelosi, clinton and sanders That is what they got. No I don't consider warren.
                Happy Camper

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
                  Most of us would likely agree that there was a tremendous political backlash against Junior bush that works to the advantage of Obama in 08.

I suggest a signpost of that building backlash was Bush's sliding approval numbers. So keep an eye on Trump's numbers. And as a comedy sidebar expect Trump supporters to diss the polls as fake news.

Is the Fox News poll consider to be fake news or liberally biased? Or is it a "just depends on the poll" kinda thing?

President Donald Trump's approval rating reached the lowest mark it has been in any Fox News poll, 38 percent.

In Fox News' latest poll released Wednesday, the percentage of voters who approve of the president dropped 4 percentage points from September and a full 10 points since the poll's first post-inaugural results in February, while the number of those who disapprove — 57 percent — rose to a new high under his administration. The findings highlight a continued erosion of national support for the president, who received low mark across several major policy areas.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/1...ox-news-244181
                  Last edited by guido61; 10-26-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                    Tom Hicks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The GOP is really ambivalent about polls. The negative ones are obviously fake news.

Think Cafeteria Christians picking and choosing which rules to follow.

Working...
                X