No announcement yet.

EPA pulls scientists out of climate change conference talk

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPA pulls scientists out of climate change conference talk

Scientists Autumn Oczkowski, Rose Martin and Emily Shumchenia were set to speak across different events at the State of the Narragansett Bay and Watershed programworkshop in Providence, the Times reported.

Oczkowski was expected to address climate change among other issues affecting the bay in a keynote address, according to the Times.

The EPA did not respond when asked by CNN for the reasoning behind not allowing the scientists to speak.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/23/politi...+-+Top+Stories)

They are still going to the conference, but not permitted to speak. One even had a keynote planned.
    http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Under EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, the agency has moved to have a political appointee screen its grant solicitations, according to E&E News and The Washington Post. In addition, Pruitt's schedules show a majority of his meetings have been with fossil fuel industry stakeholders, while 1% of his meetings have been with environmentalist or science groups.

Making America great again.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
      Under EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, the agency has moved to have a political appointee screen its grant solicitations, according to E&E News and The Washington Post. In addition, Pruitt's schedules show a majority of his meetings have been with fossil fuel industry stakeholders, while 1% of his meetings have been with environmentalist or science groups.

Making America great again.
      Pruitt and DeVos seem to be appointments that were especially aimed towards pissing off the opposition, not filling an important job.
      Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

• Waka62
        Waka62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I never understood the DeVos appointment but then I don't understand the federal government being involved in K-12 education either. All you need to do is examine the mindset of Congress to determine US education is failing miserably

Next Dem in office will have to fix this too.
      tRump is NOT great, nor will history EVER say he was.

Comment

Well sure. Those darn scientists might say something scientific! Can't have that now....

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

• RogueGnome
          RogueGnome commented
          Editing a comment
          But they'll open with a prayer.

The sad part is in the wake of Trumps complete incompetence and destruction of America Obama will somehow be blamed.

Comment

• Waka62
          Waka62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Obama's complete disregard for our immigration laws not to mention his collusion with Iran is why we have Trump now. So yeah you can blame a lot of this on him.

• Tom Hicks
          Tom Hicks commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't Obama deport more illegals than any other president? Why yes, he did.

But do tell me more about the collusion with Iran talking point. Are you perhaps referring to a multi-nation agreement that put the brakes on Iran's nuclear development program?

Originally posted by SexWithRobots View Post
        The sad part is in the wake of Trumps complete incompetence and destruction of America Obama will somehow be blamed.
        Well, he did kind of set himself up for the blame if you remember, just sayni'. I let him do his thing, after all he was voted in, but the moment he started proclaiming supernatural baloney, he got lumped into the 'I can predict the return of Jesus' people for me.
        The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. Bu...
        Last edited by TrumpIsGreat; 10-24-2017, 11:55 AM.
        Happy Camper

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpIsGreat View Post

Well, he did kind of set himself up for the blame if you remember, just sayni'. I let him do his thing, after all he was voted in, but the moment he started proclaiming supernatural baloney, he got lumped into the 'I can predict the return of Jesus' people for me.
          Yeah, that business about providing care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; well, that's just crazy.
          No wonder y'all hate that Obama guy.
          Doesn't even have a birth certificate (long form).
          To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

• Waka62
            Waka62 commented
            Editing a comment
            The only problem was no one could afford Obamacare and the shovel ready jobs never materialized. 10 trillion dollars later we have nothing to show for it.
            Last edited by Waka62; 10-24-2017, 01:09 PM.

• Tom Hicks
            Tom Hicks commented
            Editing a comment
            A report released by the U.S. Conference of Mayors entitled “Ready to Go” in early December listed more than 11,000 projects in 427 cities, many of which already have local approval.

The total cost for the projects -- everything from a $100,000 driving simulator for Goodyear, Arizona to a $20 million expansion of a housing complex for the elderly in West Hartford, Connecticut -- would be nearly $73.2 billion and they would create more than 800,000 jobs, according to the group.

Another term often used for projects that are approved, but need money is “shovel-ready.”
            https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...5055NK20090106

never materialized? link?

Working...
        X