No announcement yet.

opioids?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opioids?

I hear that president Trump is going to address the nations addiction to opioids sometime this week, and from what I have heard it is long overdue. I know from the YouTube videos I have watched from some of the networks, it is a huge problem. Do you think it is ok for a doctor to write scripts, or is it enough to attenuate that part of it? I know they ran an ad yesterday about a med that can be used once a month that makes you really sick if you inject heroin. What do you think the answer is? I know the illegal market will just get worse if the legal market is quenched.
    Last edited by TrumpIsGreat; 10-23-2017, 10:26 AM.

Originally posted by TrumpIsGreat View Post
    I hear that president Trump is going to address the nations addiction to opioids sometime this week, and from what I have heard it is long overdue. I know from the YouTube videos I have watched from some of the networks, it is a huge problem.

So, you heard this on Youtube, huh?

You obviously don't get out much, do you?

Comment

I love them!!!
      Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bluzboy View Post

So, you heard this on Youtube, huh?

You obviously don't get out much, do you?
        I watch lots of YouTube, what I was referring to are the vids of addiction and the people caught up in it. So, do you have any thoughts about how to help fix the problem. I think you and I have spoken a long time ago on AGF about a Martin I had, we had a great conversation with another guy about a D-45 I sold him.

Comment

I watch lots of YouTube, what I was referring to are the vids of addiction and the people caught up in it. So, do you have any thoughts about how to help fix the problem. I think you and I have spoken a long time ago on AGF about a Martin I had, we had a great conversation with another guy about a D-45 I sold him.
          Not that I recall. And yes, I have a thought: since it has been proven that there’s no winning the war on drugs, the only sane approach would be to legalize them and control their distribution and usage. Unless, of course, you prefer to continue seeing terrorists and crime syndicates reap YUGE illegal profits per the status quo.

Comment

Sounds like Big Pharma wants to shut down their lower price point street competition to me.
            How about adding something to heroin that makes you sick if you take opioids?
            To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Prescription drugs are the gateway to heroine, not the other way around. If you want to address the opioid issue, put some ceos of drug companies in prison For dumping millions of doses of opioids in West Virginia Ohio and Kentucky
              Last edited by moogerfooger; 10-23-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post
                Prescription drugs are the gateway to heroine, not the other way around. If you want to address the opioid issue, put some ceos of drug companies in prison For dumping millions of doses of opioids in West Virginia Ohio and Kentucky
                that's a fact. there does seem to be logical approaches to the problem -

Legalizing Marijuana Decreases Fatal Opiate Overdoses, Study Shows
                https://drugabuse.com/legalizing-mar...ate-overdoses/

Can Legal Marijuana Solve the Opioid Crisis? Medical Pot States See Decrease in Painkiller Abuse
                http://www.newsweek.com/opioid-marij...diction-575385

Opioid Abuse Is Plummeting In States With Legal Marijuana
                http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/28/op...gal-marijuana/

Legalized Marijuana Could Help Curb the Opioid Epidemic, Study Finds
                https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-finds-n739301

now if trump could only get his senile a/g to pull his head out of his clownhole...

Last edited by wallywanker; 10-23-2017, 11:44 AM.
                __________________________________________________ ______________________________
                new sig currently under construction

Comment

Opioid addiction is a HUGE issue right now in this country and addressing it should be high on the priority list of both parties.

I don't have a good feeling about Trump fixing much of anything, and considering it was his Drug Czar appointee that made it easier for Pharmaceutical companies to distribute opioids, I'd say he has a long way to go here.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                  For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                  Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

• RogueGnome
                    RogueGnome commented
                    Editing a comment

Kinda what I was referring to in Post #6

Then why does it say you joined this month with only 19 posts? Is there a particular reason you aren't using that profile? In another thread you stated that you are a new guy here and now you are telling us that you aren't new.
                  Originally posted by nedezero1;
                  Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.
                  http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...nches-reporter

The emails giveth and the emails taketh away

Comment

• RogueGnome
                    RogueGnome commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Note the reference to AGF (as in "not HCPP&quot
                    Last edited by RogueGnome; 10-23-2017, 02:37 PM.

I hear that president Trump is going to address the nations addiction to opioids sometime this week...
                  This is standard operating procedure for Trump...

1. Reporter asks him about something
                  2. Trump has no clue what it is
                  3. Trump bluffs and claims that there will be a major announcement "soon", in order to make it looks like he is aware of the problem
                  4. White House staff look at each other and say "WTF is he talking about?"
                  5. WH stalls. If reporters continue asking, WH scrambles to cobble together a rehash of Obama era policy and BS talking points. If reporters stop asking, then - crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by harrycox1 View Post

Then why does it say you joined this month with only 19 posts? Is there a particular reason you aren't using that profile? In another thread you stated that you are a new guy here and now you are telling us that you aren't new.
                    I don't use the same tag anywhere, fact is, I change tags, emails, computers, phones, phone numbers, credit card numbers on a regular basis. I delete all emails, I have Norton screen everything and I recommend everyone do the same on a regular basis. I factory reset my phone all the time. On my gmail I set it up so I don't have feedback. On my YouTube channel, I block all comments. I started that when someone hacked one of my credit cards and used it in Spain to ride around for three days on it. I am going to start changing IP addresses. Sorry if that bothers you. I probably have had five tags on AGF alone, what is wrong with that? Is there some kind of rule that you have to stay the same anywhere? Frankly is that really any of your buisiness?
                    Do you have anything to say about the thread?

Comment

• arf-boy
                      arf-boy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yest you expect someone to remember you from one of those myriad cloaked interactions. Unlikely, mate.

I don't use the same tag anywhere, fact is, I change tags, emails, computers, phones, phone numbers, credit card numbers on a regular basis. I delete all emails, I have Norton screen everything and I recommend everyone do the same on a regular basis. I factory reset my phone all the time. On my gmail I set it up so I don't have feedback. On my YouTube channel, I block all comments. I started that when someone hacked one of my credit cards and used it in Spain to ride around for three days on it. I am going to start changing IP addresses. Sorry if that bothers you. I probably have had five tags on AGF alone, what is wrong with that? Is there some kind of rule that you have to stay the same anywhere? Frankly is that really any of your buisiness?
                    On harmony central you can only have one screen name. That is supposed to prevent people from immrdiately returning under a different name after getting banned.

Comment

Are you Howard Hughes?
                      Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

I'll be interested to see if Trump comes out with the worthy and novel approach: legalize the pain killer that works, which does not cause troubles with other meds, and which DOES NOT cause physiological addiction or chances of overdose. There is a very good solution out there.

Trump's appointed attorney general already said no to the solution. Hopefully Trump will tell him to change his mind and will rally congress to change theirs.
                        My band!:
                        [URL="http://www.steelphantoms.com/"]www.steelphantoms.com/[/URL]
                        my stage stuff:
                        fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Working...
                        X