Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Harvey Weinstein is getting crazy!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Harvey Weinstein is getting crazy!

I'm not advocating being a sexual predator, but it seems to me that Weinstein is enduring a lot of punishment when he not only hadn't been convicted of anything, but hasn't even been charged with anything! Especially when Trump admits being a sexual predator and becomes president anyway? And Bill Cosby.... .has he been stripped of any of his awards or other honorariums like Weinstein had? I'm not standing up for Weinstein but these are just accusations! Does anyone else feel this way?

I think Cosby lost a couple of honorary degrees from universities?

Have you heard the Weinstein tape? It’s pretty damning.

My guess is Weinstein is going to go down extra hard because so many people who knew about what he was doing, or at least heard the rumors, did nothing for years so now he must be publicly flogged and flailed in order to pay for their absolution as well.

Maybe too much? Perhaps. I’ll shed no tears for him however.

Comment

I don't think we should be claiming any kind of moral high ground because Trump is a scumbag.
      Weinstein is a scumbag and alleged rapist. He probably should be in jail. From where I sit, he's getting off easy.

Sorry New Trail, you're WAY off here.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
      For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
      Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by AxiomVanguard
        Hope he gets the help and treatment that he needs at the clinic....

What clinic?

Comment

I feel like I've been sexually assaulted by Harvey.
          tRump is NOT great, nor will history EVER say he was.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzboy View Post

What clinic?

The Hoffermanndale Clinic, in Belgium.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
            For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
            Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

i feel there are multiple layers to this

first - apparently Hollywood execs are scum - we knew this I guess. The ''casting couch" has been a cliche for decades.

second - why are we not hearing allegations from failed actresses - because the unsuccessful actresses didnt give in, so no career?
              This begs the question - did these women willfully do whatever they had to in order to establish a career? If so,shame on them. You want to 'f' your way to the top, and only come forward AFTER you grabbed the brass ring. I guess they weren't so worried about other women who are starting out in Hollywood being assaulted, harassed or raped.
              Now they come forward, and act as though they are doing this for all women, etc. Where the hell were your police reports and allegations years ago when it was happening?

Lastly, how desperate does an actress have to be for a career to let that pile of crap harvey weinstein anywhere near them? Personally, I believe that most actresses know that is s.o.p. in Hollywood - "f" you way into a career. An they actively pursued it, only coming forward after they reaped the benefits.

Comment

• SexWithRobots
                SexWithRobots commented
                Editing a comment
                Consensual sex to further your career and sexual assault are quite different.

• HAMMER TOSS
                HAMMER TOSS commented
                Editing a comment
                exactly

The thing about the Weinstein scandal is that he represents a social illness that exists in all industries, not just the entertainment industry. The entertainment industry appears to be afflicted with a particularly egregious and virulent strain of this illness. But it is a sad fact that some powerful men, in all walks of life, use that power over women in a pretty disgusting manner.

It's also sobering to consider, in 2017, the amount of ordinary women who have been speaking out, in social media and elsewhere, against the sort of casual boorishness and harassment of which they've been on the receiving end on a regular basis.

Boys need to grow up.

That said, I've been groped and felt up more than once, on nights out in clubs and places like that. It doesn't bother me all that much. But then again, I'm hardly likely to be raped by any of those women, or forced into sex against my will. Or treated like some dolly bird, on a daily basis.

Yes, the male and female sex drives, and sexualities, are very different. We should celebrate that. It's what makes the world go round, after all. But it's still no excuse for being a sleazy pr!ck, IMHO.
              Last edited by gubu; 10-21-2017, 07:05 AM.
              flip the phase

Comment

Originally posted by gubu View Post

It's also sobering to consider, in 2017, the amount of ordinary women who have been speaking out, in social media and elsewhere, against the sort of casual boorishness and harassment of which they've been on the receiving end on a regular basis.
                Yes that has been a real eye opener. What in the hell is wrong with "men"?

Comment

Originally posted by bluzboy View Post

What clinic?
                  He ran off to hide at some clinic/spa place.

Comment

I thought New Trail's post was facetious.
                    My band!:
                    [URL="http://www.steelphantoms.com/"]www.steelphantoms.com/[/URL]
                    my stage stuff:
                    fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

• New Trail
                      New Trail commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It wasn't!

Originally posted by HAMMER TOSS View Post
                    i feel there are multiple layers to this

first - apparently Hollywood execs are scum - we knew this I guess. The ''casting couch" has been a cliche for decades.

second - why are we not hearing allegations from failed actresses - because the unsuccessful actresses didnt give in, so no career?
                    This begs the question - did these women willfully do whatever they had to in order to establish a career? If so,shame on them. You want to 'f' your way to the top, and only come forward AFTER you grabbed the brass ring. I guess they weren't so worried about other women who are starting out in Hollywood being assaulted, harassed or raped.
                    Now they come forward, and act as though they are doing this for all women, etc. Where the hell were your police reports and allegations years ago when it was happening?

Lastly, how desperate does an actress have to be for a career to let that pile of crap harvey weinstein anywhere near them? Personally, I believe that most actresses know that is s.o.p. in Hollywood - "f" you way into a career. An they actively pursued it, only coming forward after they reaped the benefits.
                    Blaming this on the women? Couldn’t disagree more.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Blaming this on the women? Couldn’t disagree more.
                      My point is , except for a case of forcible rape, f'ing your way to a successful acting career seems to be the norm. If these women were so concerned, why then didnt they come forward when it happened, rather than years later?

Again, except for forcible rape, weren't these interactions consensual? Didn't these women know exactly what was happening, and decided they wanted to be stars so bad, that they could put up with the humiliation?

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER TOSS View Post

My point is , except for a case of forcible rape, f'ing your way to a successful acting career seems to be the norm. If these women were so concerned, why then didnt they come forward when it happened, rather than years later?

Again, except for forcible rape, weren't these interactions consensual? Didn't these women know exactly what was happening, and decided they wanted to be stars so bad, that they could put up with the humiliation?

That's the whole point. That it has been somewhat the norm and that they felt there was nothing they could do about it at the time IS the issue here.

The problem isn't that women decided it best to just go along. It's that they were ever put in the position of having to make that decision, let alone decide that it was the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

That's the whole point. That it has been somewhat the norm and that they felt there was nothing they could do about it at the time IS the issue here.

The problem isn't that women decided it best to just go along. It's that they were ever put in the position of having to make that decision, let alone decide that it was the best option.
                          understood - its a systemic problem in Hollywood apparently - and probably most male dominated cultures. but whose job is it to clean up a dysfunctional culture, and construct an ethical entertainment industry? I would say, the people who have seen it, been victimized, and want to effect change for the future. It looks to me like most women were just going along keeping their mouths shut, because they got their just rewards. Sad.

And why is an acting career so special? If your supervisor wanted you to perform an act with him or her, would you go along because ''career'', or would you raise holy hell, company be damned?

Comment

Working...
                          X