Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dow is red hot – unemployment low, ISIS is on their knees, GDP is on the rise – what’s the problem?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dow is red hot – unemployment low, ISIS is on their knees, GDP is on the rise – what’s the problem?

Did you ever think you’d live to see the DJSE reach 23,000? Too bad you guys hate corporations and capitalism, you would be enjoying some sweet earnings this year.

I guess the unemployment rate in Sep. was 4.2%. Remember those heady days in 2009 when that number peaked at 10%? Seemed like everyone was living on foodstamps back in the day.

Of course, the GDP is a better indication of how our economy is doing. What is it now, 3.1%? Not great, but a vast improvement over the negative growth rate we suffered under the sullen one.

Hay, it just occurred to me - when was the last time a rogue cop shot an unarmed and innocent minority? Why, that was a weekly occurrence when Barry was at the helm, wasn't it?

And how about Obama’s “JV Team”? Did you hear they’ve been all but vanquished from their ‘Capital’ city of Raqqa? Guess there was more to it than just calling them names like Daesh. (or do you miss those daily beheading videos?)

I also hear that illegal border crossings have slowed to a trickle. Remember back in 2014, when the Southern border was awash in children immigrants? So many that it overwhelmed virtually every government entity charged with managing it.

And it appears that there may be some truth to charges of Russian Collusion in our Government. Except the culprits are Hillary and her state dept., Mueller’s FBI, and of course, the big guy his own darn self.

And you guys are apoplectic about something Trump may or may not have said to a soldier’s widow? Or what Trump said about a bunch of millionaire football players?

So what’s more important – to have a president who gets results? Or would you prefer one who comes with better optics, but has the nation perpetually stuck in neutral? Just askin’.

The Obama Recovery is so strong that even Trump can't stop it!

Comment

Thanks Obama!

We might survive this clueless orange turnip.
      -------------------------------------------------------
      The emperor marched in the procession under the beautiful canopy, and all who saw him in the street and out of the windows exclaimed: Indeed, the emperor's new suit is incomparable! What a long train he has! How well it fits him! Nobody wished to let others know he saw nothing, for then he would have been unfit for his office or too stupid. Never an emperor's clothes were more admired.

Comment

All of those numbers were being called "fake" by republicans, right up until January 2017.

Did something change in the calculation methodologies?

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post
          All of those numbers were being called "fake" by republicans, right up until January 2017.

Did something change in the calculation methodologies?
          Trump hasn't been all that successful in hiring new staff. AFAIK, the same guys are doing the math as before. nice try, though BA.

Comment

Originally posted by emerson biggens View Post

Trump hasn't been all that successful in hiring new staff. AFAIK, the same guys are doing the math as before. nice try, though BA.
            So these numbers are fake too then?

Comment

Trump was the one calling all of thos numbers "fake".

Why are they suddenly not fake?

Comment

ha ha - now you guys have yet another trifle to choke on, tho.

hilarity ensues.

Comment

Keep up the cromulence.
                  My band!:
                  [URL="http://www.steelphantoms.com/"]www.steelphantoms.com/[/URL]
                  my stage stuff:
                  fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

ha ha - now you guys have yet another trifle to choke on, tho.

hilarity ensues.
                    Seems you trolled yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Seems you trolled yourself.
                      interesting gambit, Guido. does it ever work?

Comment

interesting gambit, Guido. does it ever work?
                        I just sit back and watch the implosions. Always hilarious. Always entertaining.

What thread you gonna start next? I can't wait!

Comment

Trump in 2012:

"7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday.Real unemployment is at least 15%"

Trump in 2016:
                          "Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. The number's probably 28, 29, as high as 35. The 5 percent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics"

Comment

Originally posted by Zooey View Post
                            Trump in 2012:

"7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday.Real unemployment is at least 15%"

Trump in 2016:
                            "Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. The number's probably 28, 29, as high as 35. The 5 percent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics"
                            Will these sort of flip-flops be a problem for Trump supporters?

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

I'd respond, but it appears that my 'owning' is being misconstrued and reported as trolling. not much has changed around here. I'll probably bail out again.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                                Tom Hicks commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I-I, I can't quit you, babe
                                So I'm gonna put you down for a while
                                I said I can't quit you, babe
                                I guess I got to put you down for a while
                                Said, you messed up my happy home
                                Made me mistreat my only child
                                Yes, you did, babe, oh

Read more: Led Zeppelin - I Can't Quit You Baby Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I respect your decision to bail. Probably one of the bravest things I've ever seen around here.

Working...
                            X