No announcement yet.

RIP Gord Downie

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Gord Downie

Gord Downie, the Tragically Hip frontman who united a diverse array of music lovers with his commanding stage presence and Canadiana-laced lyrics, has died.

​Gord was only 53 years old and died of brain cancer.

Last year, when it was known that he was dying, the Tragically Hip did a final tour and the last show was televised live across Canada. It was a profound experience where music and love united the entire country.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...obit-1.4359906
    As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
    from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Great band. RIP Mr. Downie.

Comment

Prayers Sent...
      Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Jesus Saves..

Comment

I was not a big fan, hence I never knew his name. But I certainly never DISliked Tragically Hip. They did some really cool stuff.

Yet it always sorrows me to hear the passing of those younger than myself.

RIP, Gord.
        gp

'Words empty as the wind are best left unsaid.' --Homer (Not Dan Castellaneta,the other one)

The above is not to be taken too seriously.

Comment

I've heard some of their stuff, but I really wasn't that familiar with the band.

From everything I read, the guy was truly an inspiration. R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
          X