Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the rush to repeal The Affordable Care Act?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
    Clearly opinions vary.

What I did was point out the core problem I have with Fascism as applied in the US. This is not a "goalposts" issue. Fascism has many facets. I've brought up several. The funny part, for me, is that like most leftists, Antifa is projecting. i.e. THEY are the fascists.
    Classic goalpost moving to the point of being completely different from what fascism was/is. You just think the word sounds nasty, so you're applying it to something that isn't even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post

Classic goalpost moving to the point of being completely different from what fascism was/is. You just think the word sounds nasty, so you're applying it to something that isn't even close.
      Actually, you are projecting. I don't think the word sounds nasty at all. I don't use labels to insult. I use labels when they apply. This is not about goalposts. This is a broad issue.

For the record, I consider the US government to be highly fascist. A brief list of reasons:
      Minimum wage
      Alcohol in gasoline requirements
      Air bags in cars
      Bumper standards
      Obamacare

What annoys me the most is that the US Governemnt was designed originally to be similar to what the EU is today. i.e. a very limited overarching government with a constitution that very narowly limited how the countries (states) within it's umbrella of authority could govern.

The US government coming up with obamacare or any other health care law is the equivalent of the EU doing the same thing. At least THEY let their member nations work it out based on their own constitutions.

And every state within the US has it's own constitution. Obamacare needs to be abolished, and let the states handle it as they see fit. One reason this is so important is that it enables people to "shop around" for the government that best suits them. It's why I moved from Seattle to KY and my daughter just moved from Studio City, CA to Phoenix, AZ.

All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Obamacare needs to be abolished, and let the states handle it as they see fit.
        Good idea.
        You should suggest that to Congress.
        Especially now while the GOP has a majority in the WH and both chambers.
        I think they should be able to git 'er done.
        To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
          Good idea.
          You should suggest that to Congress.
          Especially now while the GOP has a majority in the WH and both chambers.
          I think they should be able to git 'er done.
          The GOP wing of the #uniparty is worthless. This is why I left them back in 2006. The veil was lifted.
          All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

• Komandi
            Komandi commented
            Editing a comment
            ...and the wool was pulled.

Actually, you are projecting. I don't think the word sounds nasty at all. I don't use labels to insult. I use labels when they apply. This is not about goalposts. This is a broad issue.

For the record, I consider the US government to be highly fascist. A brief list of reasons:
          Minimum wage
          Alcohol in gasoline requirements
          Air bags in cars
          Bumper standards
          Obamacare

None of which = fascism. It's obvious you have NO clue

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post
            None of which = fascism. It's obvious you have NO clue
            I don't think you understand faschism. Again, it is something I've studied off and on since 1970. Its something I've been on the lookout for all of my adult life. Now, if you've read a few internet cliff notes versions, you will find all sorts of varying degrees of accuracy regarding fascism. Some simply say that if you love trump because he is trump, you are a fascist.

You see, my research is so old that I was reading BOOKS on the subject DECADES before the internet existed for the common man.

I'm focusing, in my post, on the involvement of a fascist regime with private business. The things on my list are textbook fascism.
            https://fee.org/articles/economic-fascism/
            Last edited by RobRoy; 09-27-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can disable the airbag in your car if you really hate the thing.

Zip
              665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post
                I'm pretty sure you can disable the airbag in your car if you really hate the thing.

Zip
                I have a rider mower with a mandated switch under the seat. If I get up, it shuts off the mower. I bypassed that the day I got it.I bypassed the "seat belt buzzer" on my old Chevy back in the mid-70's.

And if you have a car with one of those recalled air bags, bypassing it might not be a bad idea if you can't get them to replace it.

I'm still scared to take the tags off my pillows, though.

Comment

What annoys me the most is that the US Governemnt was designed originally to be similar to what the EU is today. i.e. a very limited overarching government with a constitution that very narowly limited how the countries (states) within it's umbrella of authority could govern.

The US government coming up with obamacare or any other health care law is the equivalent of the EU doing the same thing. At least THEY let their member nations work it out based on their own constitutions.

The EU nations already had universal health care long before the EU was formed. There are different applications therein, but I can understand your confusion. Hard core ideology tends to make people try to fit their observations into the overarching ideology, instead of looking at what's there and how it pertains to reality.
                  Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post
                    The EU nations already had universal health care long before the EU was formed. There are different applications therein, but I can understand your confusion. Hard core ideology tends to make people try to fit their observations into the overarching ideology, instead of looking at what's there and how it pertains to reality.
                    They all had their own set of rules regarding health care insurance, yes. So did all the states before obamacare.

That's why there are insurance commissioners.
                    Last edited by RobRoy; 09-27-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

They all had their own set of rules regarding health care insurance, yes. So did all the states before obamacare.

That's why there are insurance commissioners.
                      I don't have time to school you about stuff you think you already know. Your bubble is too thick.
                      Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post
                        I don't have time to school you about stuff you think you already know. Your bubble is too thick.
                        That all you got? I came here for the full half hour argument!

Comment

I don't use labels to insult.

like most leftists, Antifa is projecting. i.e. THEY are the fascists.
                          The Rino spent GOBS of money and got smoked by a "local Trump". RINO's are clearly on notice.

Fascism is things like the minimum wage and Obamacare.
                          of course not....

rob you are too easy
                          Last edited by HAMMER TOSS; 10-01-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

That all you got? I came here for the full half hour argument!
                            no you didn't

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

no you didn't
                              Yes I did!

Comment

Working...
                              X