Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the rush to repeal The Affordable Care Act?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by epi56ebony View Post

Keep on bringing the hate, I love it.

When's the Civil War going to start, good thing the rednecks kept their guns. How many guns do you think the progressive left has.

This will be so much fun. I'm surprised there's been no gunfire yet at the rallies.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
    Anarchists are so cute.

Zip
    665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by WRGKMC View Post

The last election proved the people wanted it replaced so your argument is totally lame.

Its the senators that don't want it changed.

Rich Insurance companies raking in billions and special interest grouper are the ones who rule congress. They are the ones who senators listen too if they plan on being reelected. I swear liberals must be living in a freaking fantasy world if they think these senators have a will of their own.

They get most of their political contributions from industries who use senators to pass laws like this that make them rich. Imagine you own a company that makes widgets, and congress passes a law that makes all 350 million people buy a new widget from you every year which costs thousands. That widget doesn't cost you anything to manufacturer. Its simply written down on paper.

Even if half is paid out on actual insurance coverage you can be retired with more money then you can count in a few years. The insurance companies laugh at liberals because they are the ones providing the grease that gets them to the bank. What's the payback to liberals? Only the politicians see payback. The average boob gets taken to the cleaners just like everyone else does by these crooks.

I'm almost at the point where I'd prefer no insurance. Make everyone pay out of pocket for their healthcare. I know it sounds completely heartless but its the only thing that can drive the insurance companies monopoly out of the health industry. Substituting government for the insurance companies is truly a ridiculous substitute too. They are worse then the health care companies when it comes to soaking the citizens, mainly because they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to medicine.

The Medical industry should be run by people in that industry. If they want to offer people payment plans of group care it should be done on that level. If they over charge people will go elsewhere.

I don't know if anyone here is old enough to remember when government got involved in auto insurance. The result was government competing with private business and because the government wasn't concerned with making a profit the private industry artificially drove the costs of insurance up.

Once government got out of the car insurance business, the costs for insurance dropped like a lead balloon. People who got tickets and had accidents still paid high prices but the rest who had good records had great reductions. That's what can happen if government got their fat money grubbing ass out of the business.

I stopped reading after your first false claim, in your first sentence suggestion - deal in truth WRGKMC, I'll be much more likely to read your posts in the future

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-gr...obamacare-aca/

Only 20 percent of those polled said they approved of the Republican legislation aimed at repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act signed into law by President Obama.
      Last edited by HAMMER TOSS; 09-26-2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER TOSS View Post
        other than throwing red-meat to his base STILL suffering from Obama Derangement Syndrome, who stands to gain if it is repealed?

Why not take a bipartisan look at it, and fix what isnt working, keep the good stuff?

The vast majority of US citizens are not in favor of repeal, especially considering the weak alternatives the GOP has thrown together. Why is the GOP so feverishly working in opposition to what the people want??

Repeal and replace has nothing to do with improving healthcare.

It's a huge tax cut for the .01% donors.

The fact that so many people will suffer because of it is just icing on the cake for sadistic Republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

It's never Trumps fault. Never ever.

Trump has claimed repeatedly to have an awesome plan - one that covered everyone and was cheaper, to boot. He never provided details, submitted it to congress, or was able to answer the simplest of questions about it.

This is on him.

If you liston to his very few comments on the subject it's obvious he has no clue as to what the replace plans do.

Comment

I've heard they ain't even gonna vote and it be dead. Not sure, just scuttlebutt at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post
              I've heard they ain't even gonna vote and it be dead. Not sure, just scuttlebutt at this point

Won't know for sure until Friday, the deadline to vote under the current rules. But at last count there were more than 3 Senators who have publicly stated they won't vote for it, and if true, it won't pass. There are at least 2 or 3 other Senators who may not have been equivocal in stating they won't vote yes, but have expressed reservations. Ted Cruz is one, I think.

There are also a number of sites (CNN, The New York Times) that are reporting that the GOP won't even call the bill to a vote in the Senate, as-of Tuesday evening.

Comment

better to slink away with their tails between their legs, than to bring a vote and demonstrate to the world how impotent the republicans really are?

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post

You need to look past the wiki "cliff notes" explanation and dig a little deeper, son.
                  I've been around more than most folks, seen more, lived outside the US. I've looked at this country from the eyes of foreigners' perspective.
                  Ahem, junior.
                  Last edited by RogueGnome; 09-27-2017, 01:52 AM.
                  To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER TOSS View Post
                    better to slink away with their tails between their legs, than to bring a vote and demonstrate to the world how impotent the republicans really are?
                    Better to not have your unpopular vote recorded, where it would be used against you in 2018. This may be among the many Trump touchstones that senators will want to avoid when it comes election time.
                    Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

Originally posted by fretmess View Post

​Whoa! How are you going to stay the "go to" guy on definitions?
                      I'm not. The dictionary is.
                      All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Originally posted by fretmess View Post

​Whoa! How are you going to stay the "go to" guy on definitions?
                        No, he's the high school world's go-to guy on the periodic chart, with a bonus of being the king of mixed and/or unrelated metaphors.

My dad was a chemistry whiz. When in college in the thirties, he taught chem 101 classes like a graduate assistant as an undergraduate. College chemistry was one of the reasons I didn't continue in pre-med.
                        Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                          That sounds like BLM and Antifa.

Just saying.

And my comment is about the internal government control of private business. Affirmative action was also fascist.

You need to look past the wiki "cliff notes" explanation and dig a little deeper, son.
                          No, you have to accept you're wrong about what fascism is. And quit moving goal posts

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post

No, you have to accept you're wrong about what fascism is. And quit moving goal posts
                            Clearly opinions vary.

What I did was point out the core problem I have with Fascism as applied in the US. This is not a "goalposts" issue. Fascism has many facets. I've brought up several. The funny part, for me, is that like most leftists, Antifa is projecting. i.e. THEY are the fascists.
                            All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post
                              No, he's the high school world's go-to guy on the periodic chart, with a bonus of being the king of mixed and/or unrelated metaphors.

My dad was a chemistry whiz. When in college in the thirties, he taught chem 101 classes like a graduate assistant as an undergraduate. College chemistry was one of the reasons I didn't continue in pre-med.
                              Actually, it was college for me too. However, I did notice that I really enjoyed it in high school as well,but computers were coming of age back then and that became my main distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                                I didn't realize the bill has been officially shelved. (http://www.npr.org/2017/09/26/553712...are-vote-again ) That's nice. But don't worry Trump fans, Republicans promise a very detailed paper tomorrow about their tax reform proposals. I'm sure every bit of it will be understood by our genius president, and it will bring all kinds of winning.
                                This is going nowhere. This is the ONE thing I like about the trump presidency. He's exposing both the childishness and bitterness of the left and complicity of the Republican wing of the #uniparty.

One thing I thought was kinda funny about Moore's win in Alabama yesterday was that one article pointed out that, Trump's guy losing proves that what is happening is this whole thing is about Trumpism, not Trump. The Rino spent GOBS of money and got smoked by a "local Trump". RINO's are clearly on notice.

BTW, back to the ACA: I don't think we need a vote on a repeal. It is collapsing of its own weight fast enough. That might be the best solution in the end.
                                Last edited by RobRoy; 09-27-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X