• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gubu View Post

Good on him!

My son's the same about Star Wars.
    He's being scouted by several colleges looking at scholarships

Comment

UGA defense looked all-world last night. Looking forward to them Tennessee next week.

Speaking of all-world, Falcons are looking very impressive again today. Love Matty Stafford, but not at the expense of the Falcons.

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

Comment

thanx doofus potus for raising awareness for Black Lives Matter !! )

Tom Brady Joins Anthem Demonstration as N.F.L. Protests Trump .

__________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
        "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
        We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

Originally posted by rbstern View Post
          UGA defense looked all-world last night. Looking forward to them Tennessee next week.

Speaking of all-world, Falcons are looking very impressive again today. Love Matty Stafford, but not at the expense of the Falcons.
          I loved how both the Falcons and the Lions locked arms together in peaceful protest during the national anthem!!!
          Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Heads get chopped off a lot and there are lots of very nice boobies. Does that count?
            Pretty much the same thing

Comment

Let the head traumas continue!
              Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

Great game in Philly today with my Eagles winning on a 61 yard field goal to send the Giants to 0-3.

And lots of solidarity against the Orangutan-in-chief.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Detroit was robbed!!!!
                  Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                    Detroit was robbed!!!!
                    Detroit disappointed. Since lion fans expect to lose were the fans disappointed?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                      Detroit was robbed!!!!
                      If you said "People in Detroit get robbed," I would agree.

Normally not the way I would like to see the Falcons win a game, but they won it fair and square, even if it feels cheap.

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

Comment

Interesting aside. When folks get worked up about riots, rightfully AND get worked up about peaceful protest.

So what do they (the ones worked up) want? We are given those constitutional rights for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
                          Interesting aside. When folks get worked up about riots, rightfully AND get worked up about peaceful protest.

So what do they (the ones worked up) want? We are given those constitutional rights for a reason.
                          Here's what I think the problem is for a lot of fans: People watch sports as an escape from real life problems. They don't want entertainers (movie stars or pro athletes), paid with the fan's dollars, preaching to them about ANYTHING. "Play the game and entertain me, please."

As for constitutional rights: It's simply not an issue. Everyone has a right to state their opinion but, not to be free from the consequences of voicing those opinions. Try standing in front of your employer's place of business with a controversial political sign on the weekend, and you may find you don't have a job on Monday. The employer has rights, too, and you protesting at his/her his place of business while in his/her employ is not a protected right of yours (unless you have a contract that says otherwise).

I don't know what the NFL collective bargaining agreement says about this issue, but I suspect that owners can terminate player contracts for conduct that is detrimental to the commercial interests of the team.

Comment

"I don't know what the NFL collective bargaining agreement says about this issue, but I suspect that owners can terminate player contracts for conduct that is detrimental to the commercial interests of the team."

Uh, many of the owners are siding with the players that are kneeling. So, good luck with that. Also, many court decisions have ruled that Constitutional rights do not end at the door of an employer.
                            Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

Here's what I think the problem is for a lot of fans: People watch sports as an escape from real life problems. They don't want entertainers (movie stars or pro athletes), paid with the fan's dollars, preaching to them about ANYTHING. "Play the game and entertain me, please."
                              I agree with this. When I pay for entertainment, I want entertainment. Shut up and play yer guitar.

I support the players right to protest. Conversely, I support the owners right to say "not on my time, wearing my uniform, or in my stadium." (although when taxpayers help pay for the stadium things get complicated)

I also think its pretty cool what some of the owners are doing today. Better men and cooler heads are what America needs right now.

Comment

How is kneeling while the national anthem is being played "preaching" to anyone? It's a personal thing. It's THEIR business. You rather they feel FORCED to do something they don't personally agree with?

Is anyone even watching the games during the national anthem? Isn't that when everyone is still getting settled in or taking a piss or whatever? Colin Kaepernick was NOT the one to make a big deal out of it. He did it quietly and personally. He wasn't "preaching" to anyone.

As for constitutional rights: It's simply not an issue. Everyone has a right to state their opinion but, not to be free from the consequences of voicing those opinions. Try standing in front of your employer's place of business with a controversial political sign on the weekend, and you may find you don't have a job on Monday. The employer has rights, too, and you protesting at his/her his place of business while in his/her employ is not a protected right of yours (unless you have a contract that says otherwise).
                                Yes, the employer has rights too. But this isn't about players kneeling against the wishes of their employers, is it? So why are you trying to make THAT the issue here?
                                I don't know what the NFL collective bargaining agreement says about this issue, but I suspect that owners can terminate player contracts for conduct that is detrimental to the commercial interests of the team.
                                They probably could. But, for the most part, it seems like the teams are supporting the players.

OTHO, we have a POTUS telling these private businesses that these players should be fired. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE all the conservative/libertarian hypocrisy at play here.

Don't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X