No announcement yet.

Is 'climate change' still a thing?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

Have any state Governors come out in support of Trump's position that climate change is a hoax?
    I don't know anyone who believes climate change is a hoax. I know a LOT of people that believe anthropogenic climate change claims are a hoax. And one of our "proofs" is that the name had to be changed from "global warming" to "climate change".

Why is that?
    All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
      Tom Hicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Any of them governors? Link us up if so.

• Tom Hicks
      Tom Hicks commented
      Editing a comment
      And what about the conspiracy among scientists wherein H2O was changed to water? How suspicious is that!

• RobRoy
      RobRoy commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't heard that one. Is it one of those Di-hydrogen Monoxide things??

Originally posted by buckwalder View Post
    It's a tax scam, nothing more. It will raise the price on more consumer goods and, keep more people in poverty.

That's my opinion.
    If that is indeed the case then who would benefit from such a scam?
    As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
    from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post
      I've stated my opinion frequently. We know climate is changing. I've stated already it has gone thru hot and cold spells since the earth has existed. Are we the sole cause? I don't know. Are we exacerbating it? I think there's little doubt we are. Should we try to minimize our impact? Definitely. Those who think we shouldn't are absolute fools.
      There is actually plenty of doubt that we are. And calling people that disagree with your point fools, without supporting your point, is a bit ironic.
      All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
        There is actually plenty of doubt that we are. And calling people that disagree with your point fools, without supporting your point, is a bit ironic.
        I'm not sure but I think the 'fools' concept comes from the fact tha if you can't breath then nothing else matters.

I've heard people who have difficulty managing money being described as fools. I believe that those who prioritize the accumulation of wealth over protection of the environment that sustains us are the ones being foolish.
        As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
        from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Actually, the side that moved the goalposts is the one that changed it from "global warming" to "climate change". But left the "A" in front of both.

Us deniers were ALWAYS about the "A". (Anthropogenic)
          That's a silly argument. Might as well say that because the scientific name for the precious fluid of life is H2O but yet we commonly call it water so that's moving the goalposts.

We can take a moment to reflect on your personal goal post shifting back from the days of your stake to the heart thread. Wherein you asserted that the stolen emails from climate researchers would be proof of data falsification which then would cause the climate change scientific community to disavow AGW.

But instead multiple independent investigations discovered that the data was not falsified and as a result the scientific community did not repudiate the current theory that explains warming data.

Have fun moving those goal posts!

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by SexWithRobots View Post
            Unintelligent people love conspiracy theories because it gives them a sense of feeling justified. Alas ice core samples going back millions of years show how co2 was basically unchanged then spiked during the industrial revolution.
            I see what you did there.

BTW, I'm with you on conspiracy theories, except it's not "unintelligent" people. Rather, it is people who may be ignorant of the facts at hand. And once they have those facts at their disposal and STILL believe the conspiracy, they have moved from ignorance to stupidity.

I have an acquaintance that actually saw the plane crash into the pentagon. When I told this to a conspiracy theorist who believed it was a missile, he refused to even consider it. And when stacked on top of the mountains of evidence supporting what my friend (and others) saw, one still believes it was a missile, they are being stupid.

Comment

It's not that I agree or disagree. Rather, I assume they are sharing accurate information the best that they can until I find proof of messing with data, like the "hockey stick".
              When you have many scientists doing their own research and coming to similar conclusions, it's impossible to say they're all 'messing with data'.
              So it's nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

Comment

I'm not seeing any of those people on this site. There are some of us that see the AGW scare as a big hoax though. The climate is always changing. It's what it does.
                Exactly. However anyone with a modicum of intelligence should be able to figure out that we're at least contributing to the problem. Nobody really knows the amount of our contribution as there's no real way to determine that. Why take a chance? Why not do all we can to lessen our impact?
                That ain't rocket surgery, it's common sense.
                Last edited by Belva; 09-22-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Actually, the side that moved the goalposts is the one that changed it from "global warming" to "climate change". But left the "A" in front of both.

Us deniers were ALWAYS about the "A". (Anthropogenic)
                  Its still global warming, its projected that by 2100, 1 billion people will be living in areas too hot to sustain life.
                  😉

Comment

Originally posted by onelife View Post

I'm not sure but I think the 'fools' concept comes from the fact tha if you can't breath then nothing else matters.

I've heard people who have difficulty managing money being described as fools. I believe that those who prioritize the accumulation of wealth over protection of the environment that sustains us are the ones being foolish.
                    You and I are on the same page as far as the limits of your post go. I know that we cleaned up lake Washington back in the 1960's. It went from highly polluted (dangerous to swim in it) to quite clean. Sometimes the problem is clear and real. Sometimes it is not clear, but still real. And sometimes there is not really a problem, but somebody makes their living off saying there is one.

I compare the AGW scare to an insect "being born" at 60 a.m. in Death Valley and, as time passes, noticing it is getting warm and thinks the climate is changing and he's gonna fry. In reality, it's just the cycle and he happened to start in a cold part.

Whenever I hear people say, "the temperature today was the hottest for this day in 100 years. It's proof of AGW!"

To which I say, "So, it was as hot or hotter 100 years ago? What caused it that time?"

Comment

And can there be any clearer evidence of an intent to deceive when the " powers that be" sometimes refer to the mode of transport of most americans as an automobile and other times blithely call it a car?

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Mother nature has always been able to humble man. Its only his pure arrogance which makes him think he can get by in life without being impacted by it. He builds cities on known faults then he has the arrogance to blame climate change for catastrophes beyond his control. That's what you call a cop out so you don't have to take responsibility for poor choices.

What turns me off to all these climate predictions is none of them include the changes in the cycles of the Sun. Nothing man can do can change those cycles which bring devastating hurricanes nor change the movement of plates which bring earthquakes. The earth is a violent place and you either take what little forehand notice you can get and move out of the way or you risk dyeing in the process of trying to live through them.

People will always gravitate towards the simplest reasons, mainly because they are lazy. They don't want to exercise their minds and come to the conclusion they really aren't as intelligent as they want others to think they are. Man has only been able to document history for a few thousand years and has only documented things like temperature since 1850. Man has been on earth for 200,000 years and the earth is 3.8 billion years old.

Predicting climate change based on .000835% of mans history is ridiculous. Man has amassed allot of data in the 167 years but its only one snapshot in a very long movie. You cant possibly get an idea of the entire story when you're comparing 167 years to the 200,000 man has been on earth or the 3.8 billion since the earth began to cool.

The only facts we have that can predict what happened over the long haul are purely archeological. They can gestimate what might have occurred in the past based on rock and soil but that's about it. When you add in things like meteors, volcanoes, plate movement and sun spots you simply don't know if those climate changes were normal of abnormal occurrences.

One thing you do know is climate does change. It gets warmer and it gets cooler over long stretches of time. One thing for sure. Soaking people to rob them of tax money isn't going to stop it from happening.

I can guarantee you the money collected wont be put towards combating the changes. I also know the people who collect that money cant be trusted with it because they have a history of stealing from the public to enrich themselves. Its a good thing so many people are wise to the tactics liberals use to rape the American public of their hard earned money. You see they don't work and save themselves so they are find ways to use the government to sanction robbery.

I give them credit for being creative in the ways they try and use people like that but their true intent it has absolutely nothing to do with actually trying to change the climate. That's where the true evil in men resides. When they use pure science to push a political agenda and rob the working man I part company with their tactics.

Their goal is not to honestly change peoples ideals and educate them into making wise choices. They no longer believe man will change if given intelligent choices. They have instead adopted a militant method of punishment that boarders on dictatorship. Those who don't adopt those tactics are considered to be political enemies.

The fact is, the liberals have no alternate choices people can choose to make changes and are blameless when it comes to options. If they do contribute to climate warming there isn't a dam thing they can do about it.

This is where the Left is brilliant. They have stolen a page out of religious texts and equated this tax as a form of absolution. People are so ignorant they actually think they can pay penance to these extortionists on something that has no fix and may be nothing more then a normal sun cycle.

These people have no clue how to fix it even if they knew the real causes. But that sure doesn't stop them from attempting to extort cash from people in a money laundering scheme. We all learned how those schemes work when the Solyndra money laundering story broke.

Democrats wouldn't give a rats rear end on green energy or climate change if they didn't see a cash source there to stash in their bank accounts. Its only the blind boobs who think they're serious about fixing anything. Once they have that income source, the last thing they'd want is to fix it. This is how all their schemes begin and become self perpetuating.
                        Last edited by WRGKMC; 09-22-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WRGKMC View Post
                          Mother nature has always been able to humble man. Its only his pure arrogance which makes him think he can get by in life without being impacted by it. He builds cities on known faults then he has the arrogance to blame climate change for catastrophes beyond his control.
                          This is as far as I got before my BS meter started pegging.

Are you actually suggesting the scientific community believes that earthquake activity on a known fault is due to climate change?

Is This Thing On?

Comment

A meteor will hit the earth before climate change affects us.

Deep Impact anyone?

this is just about the stupidest thing to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by epi56ebony View Post
                              A meteor will hit the earth before climate change affects us.

Deep Impact anyone?

this is just about the stupidest thing to worry about
                              The word for a meteor which hits the Earth is called a meteorite. Happens thousands of times a year.

https://www.space.com/33695-thousand...ollisions.html

Care to rethink your analogy?
                              __________________________________________________

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Working...
                              X