Is 'climate change' still a thing?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was an interesting read -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/450300...gpole-opinion/

How scientists got their global warming sums wrong — and created a £1TRILLION-a-year green industry that bullied experts who dared to question the figures

"One scientist has described the implications of the new Nature Geoscience report as “breathtaking”. He’s right. What it effectively does is scotch probably the most damaging scientific myth of our age — the notion that man-made carbon dioxide (CO2) is causing the planet to warm at such dangerous and unprecedented speeds that only massive government intervention can save us."

surely some rebuttals will be coming forth...
    Last edited by wallywanker; 09-20-2017, 07:44 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    new sig currently under construction

Comment

Some believe climate change is all a big hoax. Discussion over. Case closed. They believe the issue long ago received, if you will, it's "final stake to the heart".
      Last edited by Fred Fartboski; 09-20-2017, 08:26 AM.
      Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

This says it all for me. Even conservatives can believe in Climate Change.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Comment

Originally posted by Waka62 View Post
          This says it all for me. Even conservatives can believe in Climate Change.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
          The conservative personally closest to me (who taught me about Rand's 'objectivism' when I was like 7) is a scientist, and he has been beenfrustrated for years with American conservatives obstructing action on climate change.

It should be a bipartisan issue, and I wonder: If Al Gote had never taken up spreading the news about global warming 30 years ago, would it be a bipartisan issue today?
          My band!:
          www.steelphantoms.com/
          my stage stuff:
          fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

For me, it's not much of an issue now that those that were pushing for real government policy changes (and taxation and wealth redistribution) lost their case and got caught cheating. But I do like to post articles from time to time.

Like this one:

http://www.commonsenseevaluation.com....LJ9uPZWn.dpbs

And this is a really fun read:
            How scientists got their global warming sums wrong — and created a £1TRILLION-a-year green industry that bullied experts who dared to question the figures

All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Originally posted by buckwalder View Post
              It's a tax scam, nothing more. It will raise the price on more consumer goods and, keep more people in poverty.

That's my opinion.
              Except for one thing. Much research has been done showing that the earth has been thru hot and cold spells forever. To say climate change isn't happening is foolish. It's been happening and will continue.
              This looks to me like a troll post, but then I'm also considering the source

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                Tom Hicks commented
                Editing a comment
                If you recall, duckie doodles was one of those posters who would post the weather from a cold winter day somewhere as solid evidence against AGW.

Originally posted by wallywanker View Post
              this was an interesting read -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/450300...gpole-opinion/

"One scientist has described the implications of the new Nature Geoscience report as “breathtaking”. He’s right. What it effectively does is scotch probably the most damaging scientific myth of our age — the notion that man-made carbon dioxide (CO2) is causing the planet to warm at such dangerous and unprecedented speeds that only massive government intervention can save us."

surely some rebuttals will be coming forth...
              Here's the over-arching problem with your post:
              Scientists submit their papers for peer review. By definition, peer review invites experts to question the data.
              from your SUN link:
              David Bellamy was criticised after he dared to question the figures.
              Scientists question and revise their data and predictions all the time. That's how science works. (Does that come as a surprise to you?
              There are thousands of climate scientists doinf research and updating new models all the time.
              You understand that; right?
              Or maybe not.
              Your source, The SUN I see has some terrific stories about bikinis and the Kardashians and Dear Deirdre and Sun Bingo. They should probably stick to these topics. Seems more their style.
              After that initial failure, I couldn't be bothered reading the rest.

Hey, here's my favorite from your source in today's SUN: I WAS TAKEN World’s most famous ‘alien abductee’ Travis Walton slams sceptics – claiming 16 lie detector tests prove his story is TRUE

Travis, who cops thought had been murdered, believes he was taken into a spacecraft by extra-terrestrials before being returned to earth five days later

Last edited by RogueGnome; 09-20-2017, 08:56 AM.
              To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                Here's the over-arching problem with your post:
                Scientists submit their papers for peer review. By definition, peer review invites experts to question the data.
                Ah. Peer review...
                https://globalfreedommovement.org/th...f-peer-review/
                All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

There are thousands of climate scientists doinf research and updating new models all the time.
                  You understand that; right?
                  And when they finally give us a model that is accurate and uses real and accurate data as input, we can take them seriously. Until then, they are just a bunch of guys with bad models.

We do not applaud scientists for their "anticipated" future successes.
                  Last edited by RobRoy; 09-20-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                    yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, Rob.
                    I can find a link to conflict with anything you state or believe, too.
                    That doesn't mean that peer review isn't a good thing, Rob.
                    Thanks for playing.
                    Don't you have a still out back there in Kentucky that needs tending to?
                    I found a link that says there's stills in Kentucky so you know...

Comment

BTW, I love this quote:

Today Science is up on a pedestal. A new god has appeared; his high priests conduct the rituals, with nuclear reactors, moon-probing rocket ships, cathode tubes and laser beams. And their territory is sacrosanct; laymen are denied entry. Bruce Cathie
                      One thing I find kinda comical is when some say things like "That's not scientific" or "Scientists say..." as Though science is their god and scientists their devout leaders.

Science is actually pretty simple stuff. But like a microchip, it is just a LOT of pretty simple stuff. It looks complicated from a distance, but up close, it's very understandable.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
                        Tom Hicks commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gradually over time through human history, as science has proved its value to people in their ordinary lives, the faith and respect people have for science has blossomed and grown steadily. Curiously, there is an almost inverse ratio withthe attitude towards mono;ithic reliigions, which held such power over people's lives for thousands of years, but that has been gradually dwindling in the application of that worldly power over the same time frame as the ascendancy of science.

A little resentment and jealousy is to be expected, right?

• RobRoy
                        RobRoy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thinking men know that scientists are like everyone else. And like everyone else, there are good ones and bad ones. That's why we have Piltdown man.

I highly recommend thinking for yourself, man, and don't believe what someone says just because they wear a lab coat.

That doesn't mean that peer review isn't a good thing, Rob.
                      Peer review can be a good thing, as long as the issue is not politicized.

Comment

• RogueGnome
                        RogueGnome commented
                        Editing a comment
                        thank you for that, Rob.
                        I'm adding this valuable note to my journal of wisdom.

• RobRoy
                        RobRoy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Excellent!

Link?

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                        Link?
                        you bet, Rob.

Comment

The climate has always changed, the real question is how much is caused by man. I heard sum huge amount of $ so needed, that would stifle industry, and the economic welfare we have and would only bring the temp down 1/2 degree in a hundred years, or something like that. No link it was on Fox a while back. Perhaps the research in alt energy is a good thing regardless if it does not put more and more controlling demands and cost on the people like so many are fear. Listen to Elizabeth Warren, her agenda would really clamp down on the American people and raise the cost of living through the roof.

Comment

Working...
                          X