Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Voters Throw MAGA Hats into Twitter Bonfire

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I understand throwing your MAGA hat into a fire. I remember throwing my Magnum condoms in the fire. Kinda the same thing

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post

      Yee, but they won't vote D, either.
      No but if they bring their vote for another GOP candidate or sit out the election that could spell the end of Trump's hope for a second term.

      Comment


      • #18
        Its being ginned up by the media so they have their nightly talking points to boost ratings. As always when there is no news worth viewing you invent news. You can find all the boobs you want who will believe it simply because its in the news. That doesn't make it real however.

        The left media has been pushing negative news well up into the 90% range for months and it hasn't made a dent. The definition of insanity is doing something over and over and not changing tactics when you fail. It seems the media only has one play book and is incapable of hiring strategists who know how invent new plays to their playbook.

        That's how sports teams fail. If a team continues to use the same plays, the other team is able to predict what's going to happen and not only block their moves but come up with counter moves which win. You'd think after the last election the left would at least come up with some new tricks, if only to break the monotony of their failed attempts to weaken the rights resolve. They simply cant pull it off.

        This article is the exact same play they used for two years now, all the way through the election and beyond. That is to attack the voters and hope to capture them on the rebound. As others said there's no guarantee of people changing parties by doing this. Its merely exploiting what the right should be doing which is holding their candidates feet to the flames and letting them know they are being held accountable for their actions.

        The left should take lessons from the right here and stop patting themselves on the back, thinking they are responsible for the right's activist involvement in where their party is going.

        The Left on the other hand, has nothing to attract people on the right who may become disillusioned. That's where they have been failing big time. They have no positive message and no vision of the future. Why would people on the right change ideology and be attracted to a party which hasn't got a positive message. Their idea of being positive is pure vengeance. It may appear positive to them but I can assure you it doesn't attract people who are victims of that same vengeance.

        As of now I think trump is actually doing more to heal the democrat party then he's being given credit for. He's attempting to restore some respect to their leadership and get some order back into a party which has devolved into violence and chaos. By working with, or at least attempting to work with the other side it helps bridge the stale mate that has been going on for the past 8 years since the republicans took the house and senate.

        Democrats should have been doing the same thing during Obamas rein instead of making the country suffer under his inflexible ideology. I also think most republicans expect trump to work both sides and break the stalemate that's been going on. Last president who did that was Bill Clinton during his second term. Most Democrats are either uninformed or don't care to be informed, but Clinton passed all kinds of republican initiative's in order to get some of the things he wanted passed. You don't think the same can work in reverse? If hatred and its harmful effects the only thing the left can use to achieve their goals? If so I'd have to say the party has nothing but ignorant boobs. That's not how you move ahead.

        You get ahead taking baby steps which go unnoticed by the other side and they become acclimated with those changes. Anytime you attempt to take giant steps you're going to fail. Those steps draw too much attention and it doesn't matter if the changes were good or bad. Case in point. If the Democrats had made several smaller changes to health care over an 8 year period, do you think it would have drawn the attention of the American people like it did of do you think people would have slowly adapted to the changes and most of it would have gone unnoticed. It would surely have been better when it came to fixing things when they fail. You wrap everything into one bundle you have to undo that entire bundle to fix it. If you create a dozen small bundles, you can simply fix the one that fails.

        I realize this is all wishful thinking but even with the rigid ideology the left proclaims, I think some of violence the party incites in these extremist groups can be reduced. The left did this during the 60's and all that happens is people get hurt or killed. They lost many good leaders during those years and there is nothing in US politics worth loosing your life over. Bad decisions can be undone bit you have to give a positive alternative which is doable, not just complain and blame the other side for your inability to find good solutions.

        I've never seen anything positive come from people with negative attitudes, only destruction. Making positive changes, comes from having a positive attitude and that starts with a truce believe it or not. If you cant get to that point then you ARE the problem, and nothing you can submit will be accepted as a solution, no matter how good the proposals may be. not the solutions. That's one thing the Dems in the 60's understood over the Dems of today. Young leftists don't understand their own parties history because they are allowing it to be rewritten by a bunch of profiteers and carpet baggers and they have been so blinded by these hucksters playing on their emotions they don't even see the puppet masters pulling their strings.

        Comment


        • arcadesonfire
          arcadesonfire commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey WRGKMC, look up 'Breitbart' to learn what kind of media outlet published the article in question.

      • #19
        Originally posted by WRGKMC View Post
        Its being ginned up by the media so they have their nightly talking points to boost ratings.

        <snip>

        I've never seen anything positive come from people with negative attitudes, only destruction. Making positive changes, comes from having a positive attitude and that starts with a truce believe it or not. If you cant get to that point then you ARE the problem, and nothing you can submit will be accepted as a solution, no matter how good the proposals may be. not the solutions. That's one thing the Dems in the 60's understood over the Dems of today. Young leftists don't understand their own parties history because they are allowing it to be rewritten by a bunch of profiteers and carpet baggers and they have been so blinded by these hucksters playing on their emotions they don't even see the puppet masters pulling their strings.

        The evil leftist media...

        it's all a conspiracy...


        except you didn't actually see that this was a BREITBART article. You know, Steve Bannon, et.al., Pretty much the antithesis of the 'leftist media'

        Comment


        • #20
          Originally posted by wasgtrjones View Post


          The evil leftist media...

          it's all a conspiracy...


          except you didn't actually see that this was a BREITBART article. You know, Steve Bannon, et.al., Pretty much the antithesis of the 'leftist media'
          Exactly. You beat me to it. WRGKMC's knee jerk tirade was just that.

          All anyone has to do is click on Breitbarts homepage today and they can see who it is that is ginning this up.

          I hope he didn't waste too much time typing all that up.
          ______________

          Comment


          • #21
            Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post

            Absolutely not. I am merely observing and pointing out the futility of believing that a couple of protest statements decrying Trump as not being quite fsr enough to the right is somehow going to change voting trends or election results. Those far-right nut cases aren't going to swing to the left, are they?

            I am not a Trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination, and his appeal to xenophobia is something that I utterly detest. That doesn't mean that I will turn a blind eye to reality., however.
            I can see that we're never going to reach a point where there's understanding on this point.
            Strangers on this road we are on,
            and we are not two, we are one.

            Comment


            • #22
              Poor snowflakes

              Comment


            • #23
              Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
              I understand throwing your MAGA hat into a fire. I remember throwing my Magnum condoms in the fire. Kinda the same thing
              Is that a euphemism for banging a redhead?
              __________________________________________________ _____

              Here's what I did today: https://matthewsams.wordpress.com

              Here's my music: http://mattsams.bandcamp.com

              Comment


              • #24
                Originally posted by Gromit View Post

                I can see that we're never going to reach a point where there's understanding on this point.
                He's right. Those people burning their MAGA hats are never going to support someone without an "R" by their name. It seems like he's saying that this really doesn't change anything. I don't understand what you're taking issue with.
                __________________________________________________ _____

                Here's what I did today: https://matthewsams.wordpress.com

                Here's my music: http://mattsams.bandcamp.com

                Comment


                • #25
                  Originally posted by Kreatorkind View Post
                  Is that a euphemism for banging a redhead?
                  Um..

                  Yes, yes it is

                  Comment


                  • #26
                    Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post

                    Absolutely not. I am merely observing and pointing out the futility of believing that a couple of protest statements decrying Trump as not being quite fsr enough to the right is somehow going to change voting trends or election results. Those far-right nut cases aren't going to swing to the left, are they?

                    I am not a Trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination, and his appeal to xenophobia is something that I utterly detest. That doesn't mean that I will turn a blind eye to reality., however.

                    Here is a mechanism by which that might happen (protests against Trump not being (R) enough change the face of the next election): It's not about individual Trump supporters voting (D). It's about enough Trump supporters not voting at all, because the (R) candidate is too centrist. Which is (IMO) what happened to Hilary in '16. I believe Trump was better at motivating 'his' side to get up off the couch and actually go the polls and pull a lever. If Trump disillusions enough of his base, by giving up on the wall, there's a chance the (R) party tries again to go moderate, and some of these people just won't vote at all.

                    Comment


                    • #27
                      Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post
                      these snowflakes are easily demoralized. whats up with that?
                      It's akin to being a kid and believing in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and other present-brining spirits. You get to expecting their largesse; then you find out that it's all fantasy and mommy and daddy aren't gonna play anymore. At that point, you either have to do things for yourself or get used to a lower standard of living. In the snowflakes' case, they're discovering that Trump isn't going to magically save them or get them great new jobs, so they're still [BLEEP]ed. And they're not happy about it.
                      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
                      How Come Other People Can Get Away With Jokes Like That?

                      Face it Tea Bagging Neo-Cons...if Reagan ran today, you'd be calling him a RINO socialist! -- scott666

                      Barack Obama must be kenyan - everytime he speaks they trot a translator out the next day to explain what he said.-- ToBeAnnounced

                      And even then some people still don't understand.-- RogueGnome

                      Comment


                      • #28
                        Originally posted by wasgtrjones View Post


                        Here is a mechanism by which that might happen (protests against Trump not being (R) enough change the face of the next election): It's not about individual Trump supporters voting (D). It's about enough Trump supporters not voting at all, because the (R) candidate is too centrist. Which is (IMO) what happened to Hilary in '16. I believe Trump was better at motivating 'his' side to get up off the couch and actually go the polls and pull a lever. If Trump disillusions enough of his base, by giving up on the wall, there's a chance the (R) party tries again to go moderate, and some of these people just won't vote at all.
                        Maybe, but only if the Ds don't nominate candidates from the far left who will provide motivation to the far-right from the negative perspective.

                        If Bernie or Warren is the nominee, those same people will show up to vote for whoever is running against him/her - not because they support the R nominee, but because they will do anything they can to keep Bernie/Bessie out of the Oval Office.

                        If, OTOH, the D nominee were someone like Bill Richardson, they might well stay home and let the Ds win one. I know that I would vote for Richardson over most of the R potential candidates.....
                        "The historical experience of socialist countries has sadly demonstrated that collectivism does not do away with alienation but rather increases it, adding to it a lack of basic necessities and economic inefficiency." ------------------ Pope John Paul II

                        Comment


                        • #29
                          Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post

                          Maybe, but only if the Ds don't nominate candidates from the far left who will provide motivation to the far-right from the negative perspective.

                          If Bernie or Warren is the nominee, those same people will show up to vote for whoever is running against him/her - not because they support the R nominee, but because they will do anything they can to keep Bernie/Bessie out of the Oval Office.

                          If, OTOH, the D nominee were someone like Bill Richardson, they might well stay home and let the Ds win one. I know that I would vote for Richardson over most of the R potential candidates.....
                          Neither Bernie, Elizabeth nor Bill will be the Dem nominee.

                          Trump will almost certainly be the GOP nominee. Unless he just soooo unpopular that the GOP actually runs someone against him and they beat him in the primary. Very unlikely.

                          Will Trumpsters abandon Trump if he plays too nice with the Dems on DACA but can't get the Wall done? Unlikely. He will just keep making promises and blaming others and they will fall for it.

                          As far as this article goes and all the current caterwauling from Breitbart, Ann Coulter, Limbaugh, Levin etc? I suspect it is being done to try and scare Trump back into the fold. Make him worry he will lose the base. Will he fall for it? Probably. He's Trump.
                          ______________

                          Comment


                          • #30
                            I guess MAGA hat wearers simply hate brown people more than they love Trump.

                            Comment













                            Working...
                            X