No announcement yet.

Want to fight climate change? Have fewer children

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to fight climate change? Have fewer children

Each child on Earth creates 58.6 tons of CO2-equivalent per year. If you really want to fight climate change in a meaningful way, then population growth needs to be curbed, and in a big way. Think of how much waste is generated by each child. They grow up and have even more children that create even more CO2 emissions, as well as other pollutants, and cause stresses on our limited resources.

So how many here will assume responsibility for our environment and voluntarily restrict their breeding?

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...fewer-children
    Next best actions are selling your car, avoiding flights and going vegetarian, according to study into true impacts of different green lifestyle choices
    Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

My wife and I had one.

Comment

I am game. Bildette and I have none...but....
      Last edited by bildo; 09-12-2017, 08:50 PM.

Comment

We have no children and like it that way. Financially secure and retirement is coming soon!
        Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
          Each child on Earth creates 58.6 tons of CO2-equivalent per year. If you really want to fight climate change in a meaningful way, then population growth needs to be curbed, and in a big way. Think of how much waste is generated by each child. They grow up and have even more children that create even more CO2 emissions, as well as other pollutants, and cause stresses on our limited resources.

So how many here will assume responsibility for our environment and voluntarily restrict their breeding?

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...fewer-children

I stopped at one, so, check.
          Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

None here either.
            But CF is 100% correct. We do have to consider ever increasing life spans as well. Even if people started having one kid one per person, the copulation will grow because of it. At least for awhile.

Comment

Japan and a few other countries have a much older general population. This could put a strain on their healthcare system. So, the Japanese need to spread a little love more frequently!
              Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

Check.........one here.
                ~~I was not. I was. I am not. I do not care

Comment

I had none, adopted 4

Does that make me evil or something?
                  Last edited by oldsoapbars; 09-13-2017, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I shoot blanks

Comment

The whole climate change scare is about control. Once the public can be convinced that CO2 is a harmful polutant that must be monitored and controlled via the force of the government gun, they can control every single aspect of your life. The reason is simple: Everything human beings do - EVERYTHING - has a CO2 impact. Even gardening and planting trees, in that it reduces it.

And when such lunacy becomes weaponized, individual freedom of any significance beyond whether or not to blink your eyes becomes a subject covered only in history books.

I offer this just in case anyone is wondering why I find this hoax so important and don't just laugh it off as I do the others.
                      Last edited by RobRoy; 09-13-2017, 06:58 AM.
                      All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

• Komandi
                        Komandi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sigh.

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                      The whole climate change scare is about control. Once the public can be convinced that CO2 is a harmful polutant that must be monitored and controlled via the force of the government gun, they can control every single aspect of your life. The reason is simple: Everything human beings do - EVERYTHING - has a CO2 impact. Even gardening and planting trees, in that it reduces it.

And when such lunacy becomes weaponized, individual freedom of any significance beyond whether or not to blink your eyes becomes a subject covered only in history books.

I offer this just in case anyone is wondering why I find this hoax so important and don't just laugh it off as I do the others.
                      Pssst. CO2 is toxic to animals. No convincing necessary. In laymans terms it's call science

Comment

Who cares about the future! The Rapture is coming!

Zip
                        665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

• RogueGnome
                          RogueGnome commented
                          Editing a comment
                          sez so rat cheer.

Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post
                        Who cares about the future! The Rapture is coming!

Zip
                        I remember a kid growing up got a rupture in a bicycle accident.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

Pssst. CO2 is toxic to animals. No convincing necessary. In laymans terms it's call science
                          This is the kind of nonsense I'm talking about. No, it is no more toxic than water, which, in high enough doses can kill you.

https://www.thoughtco.com/carbon-dio...isonous-607545
                          All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Working...
                          X