Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Christians are now a minority — but they’re getting more isolated and less tolerant!!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Nope. Not upset at all. Because apparently it's gone over your head that my choice of words is only to underscore what I see as an immature obsession with genitalia when discussing the much-more serious subject of gender dysphobia.

Exculpate myself from what?

My accusations are well-founded. You continue to misrepresent TG's views on what they believe and why they sometimes choose to undergo surgery. And to do so in a VERY transparent manner. If your position was strong, you wouldn't need to do that, would you? So maybe it's time to give up the opposition to this?

No. It's didn't "whoosh right by me". I purposely ignored it because playing "b-b-b-b-ut Obama!" with you is silly. Why let you drag the conversation into that nonsense? It's bad enough you had already decided to bring up peepees once again.
    Lol, it's like arguing with a toddler... who thinks he's being ironic.

How often do you hear the phrase "used to be a man/woman"? There's an obvious implication that sex can be changed with surgery. And if you don't swallow that notion, you're a hatey intolerant bigot. Come on, man. At least own up to your demagoguery. Sheesh!

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

I'm not certain that disdaining and disparaging an ideology qualifies as bigotry. I don't like Communism or Communists, does that make me a bigot?
      What about the people? That's where we have to draw a line. If it's strictly a political or even a religious idiology, that's one thing. When someone does it because of a skin color and/or a different language being used, come on guys, that's a whole 'nother smoke.
      Are white Christians really less tolerant? Less tolerant than what? Or whom? Maybe more white Christians are more racist than the same group was ages ago? Are they more racist than, say, Latino Christians? Or black Christians? What's their comparative tolerance of whites?

I myself have become less tolerant of people who are less tolerant. I've grown to not tolerate intolerant people. Their intolerence is something I tolerate a lot less in my intolerant older years. If you can't tolerate that you're being intolerent.
      And another thing, what are radical Muslims doing? Are some bigoted against whites? Or maybe white Christians specifically? Wouldn't that also be bigoted and possibly racist behavior?
      Last edited by Belva; 09-12-2017, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

Lol, it's like arguing with a toddler... who thinks he's being ironic.

How often do you hear the phrase "used to be a man/woman"? There's an obvious implication that sex can be changed with surgery. And if you don't swallow that notion, you're a hatey intolerant bigot. Come on, man. At least own up to your demagoguery. Sheesh!
        I don't care what "obvious implications" you think exist. Who is making these implications? Who says "used to be"? The TGs themselves? I don't think so. Not very often. Why do you choose THIS implication and completely ignore the one from the TGs themselves who instead say things like "born a man/woman"?

That you can only formulate an argument on this topic by deliberately misrepresenting the other side's beliefs is really all that needs to be said.
        Last edited by guido61; 09-12-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post
          Ideologies are stereotypes by their very nature.
          So, stereotyping people according to ideologies is acceptable? The nature of ideolicies makes that permissable? Are there no variance within an ideology?
          The OP is also addressing people within an ideology...they are all the same, as long as they're white.
          ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
          Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

I don't care what "obvious implications" you think exist. Who is making these implications? Who says "used to be"? The TGs themselves? I don't think so. Not very often. Why do you choose THIS implication and completely ignore the one from the TGs themselves who instead say things like "born a man/woman"?

That you can only formulate an argument on this topic by deliberately misrepresenting the other side's beliefs is really all that needs to be said.
            Okey doke. But it's not a misrepresentation if you understand what the phrase "used to be" means.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Okey doke. But it's not a misrepresentation if you understand what the phrase "used to be" means.
              It's not a misrepresentation if I agree to use the phrase that is the misrepresentation?
              Last edited by guido61; 09-12-2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post

What about the people? That's where we have to draw a line. If it's strictly a political or even a religious idiology, that's one thing. When someone does it because of a skin color and/or a different language being used, come on guys, that's a whole 'nother smoke.
                Are white Christians really less tolerant? Less tolerant than what? Or whom? Maybe more white Christians are more racist than the same group was ages ago? Are they more racist than, say, Latino Christians? Or black Christians? What's their comparative tolerance of whites?

I myself have become less tolerant of people who are less tolerant. I've grown to not tolerate intolerant people. Their intolerence is something I tolerate a lot less in my intolerant older years. If you can't tolerate that you're being intolerent.
                And another thing, what are radical Muslims doing? Are some bigoted against whites? Or maybe white Christians specifically? Wouldn't that also be bigoted and possibly racist behavior?

I do my best to practice the Christian doctrine of "hate the sin, love the sinner". That I despise ideology, inclusive of religion, isn't exactly a secret. But I do love people, and try to love them in spite of what I might perceive as their shortcomings... right up to the point when people (individually) prove themselves unworthy.
                Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

"Used to be" is s complete misrepresentation of "have always been".

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post
                    less tolerant than what?
                    Than they used to be?

Comment

I think some people define white bigotry as, any white person that does not hold a deep desire to be a minority in their own country. That seems to be the agenda here.

Comment

Originally posted by Warhorse View Post
                        I think some people define white bigotry as, any white person that does not hold a deep desire to be a minority in their own country. That seems to be the agenda here.
                        Some people may. However bigotry isn't bigoted. It shows up in people of all makes and models

Comment

"Holds a deep desire to be a minority"??

Where do people come up with this crap?

Comment

It may SEEM that way to you.

Comment

"Holds a deep desire to be a minority"??

Where do people come up with this crap?
                              I'm sorry you have a problem with that statement, you're welcome to elaborate if you'd like. I did say "some people"

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

It may SEEM that way to you.
                                oh REALLY does it lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X