Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Christians are now a minority — but they’re getting more isolated and less tolerant!!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

It really helped when you randomly inserted "body parts being chopped off" into the conversation.
    Well unfortunately the left's use of a word like "tolerance" requires substantial clarification.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

Well unfortunately the left's use of a word like "tolerance" requires substantial clarification.
      Which, for you, so often seems to come back to genitalia.....

...interesting.
      Last edited by guido61; 09-12-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post

Now you're getting it! Ideologies are what we can safely stereotype.

Ideologies are stereotypes by their very nature.
        Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Which, for you, so often seems to come back to genitalia.....

...interesting.
          Nice try.

We all know one of the left's criteria for intolerance/hatred/bigotry/phobeyness/etc. is not believing a scalpel can turn a man into a woman. Sorry if the clarification upsets you.
          Last edited by Opposite Day; 09-12-2017, 08:40 PM.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

Ideologies are stereotypes by their very nature.
            Heh, I think this is a corollary for why "no true Scotsman" doesn't really apply to ideologies.

Comment

Nice try.

Don't pretend one of the left's criteria for intolerance/hatred/bigotry/phobeyness/etc. is not believing a scalpel can turn a man into a woman. Sorry if the clarification upsets you.

Hmmmm....

we covered this already in another thread. It is not about believing that changing genitals can "turn a man into a woman". It's that the person is already the other sex. Surgery is simply to help the body to conform.

Why is continuing to misrepresent the position of the TGs on this issue something you insist on doing? Is it somehow impossible for you to argue your opinion while being honest about the other side's POV?

That you just continue to ignore this and instead cling so desperately to your choice of language and description is quite telling. It's all about the genitalia for you, isn't it?

But, more relevant to the topic HERE is the fact that even if that IS "one of the left's criteria", it's almost always the criteria of first choice for you, isn't it? Time and again!
              Last edited by guido61; 09-12-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Heh, I think this is a corollary for why "no true Scotsman" doesn't really apply to ideologies.

Explain, please? I'm not being intentionally dense, I'm just not getting it.
                Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Throw them to the lions! Throw them to the lions!

Comment

Hmmmm....

we covered this already in another thread. It is not about believing that changing genitals can "turn a man into a woman". It's that the person is already the other sex. Surgery is simply to help the body to conform. That you just continue to ignore this and instead cling so desperately to your choice of language and description is quite telling. It's all about the genitalia for you, isn't it?

But, more relevant to the topic HERE is the fact that even if that IS "one of the left's criteria", it's almost always the criteria of first choice for you, isn't it? Time and again!
                    Damn dude, could you try to be just a little less predictable? Are you still upset that I pointed out your frequent use of the term "peepee," surprisingly frequent for an adult. Don't you think the whole accuse others to exculpate yourself is a little transparent? I also referred to the left's branding of pre-2012 Obama stance on marriage as hatey intolerant bigotry, but that whooshed right by you when you got peepees on the brain dinit? I'm tellin' you man. Try the internet! All you want.

Comment

IMO, having disdain for someone purely because of their belief in the supernatural seems a little silly. Also, I have many friends that believe in the supernatural even though I find it a bit odd.
                      Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

Originally posted by bildo View Post
                        Throw them to the lions! Throw them to the lions!

Riiight, cause that worked out so well last time. Just consider the number of Christians today vs. the number of lions

-- Vaclav Havel

-- Carl Sagan

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

• Opposite Day
                          Opposite Day commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In your face, lions!

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

wouldn't that technically make a eunuch?
                        Late but teh fixt has to be done
                        wouldn't that testically make a eunuch?
                        I know, self

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

Explain, please? I'm not being intentionally dense, I'm just not getting it.
                          Oh, because the fallacy is that there is no Scotsman ideology. But there is a Christian, objectivist, communist ideology, etc.. Therefore, it's no fallacy to say "no true communist would advocate advocate a free market economy" or "no true Christian would embrace a philosophy of hatred."

Comment

Damn dude, could you try to be just a little less predictable? Are you still upset that I pointed out your frequent use of the term "peepee," surprisingly frequent for an adult.
                            Nope. Not upset at all. Because apparently it's gone over your head that my choice of words is only to underscore what I see as an immature obsession with genitalia when discussing the much-more serious subject of gender dysphobia.

Don't you think the whole accuse others to exculpate yourself is a little transparent?
                            Exculpate myself from what?

My accusations are well-founded. You continue to misrepresent TG's views on what they believe and why they sometimes choose to undergo surgery. And to do so in a VERY transparent manner. If your position was strong, you wouldn't need to do that, would you? So maybe it's time to give up the opposition to this?

I also referred to the left's branding of pre-2012 Obama stance on marriage as hatey intolerant bigotry, but that whooshed right by you when you got peepees on the brain dinit? I'm tellin' you man. Try the internet! All you want.
                            No. It's didn't "whoosh right by me". I purposely ignored it because playing "b-b-b-b-ut Obama!" with you is silly. Why let you drag the conversation into that nonsense? It's bad enough you had already decided to bring up peepees once again.
                            Last edited by guido61; 09-12-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Oh, because the fallacy is that there is no Scotsman ideology. But there is a Christian, objectivist, communist ideology, etc.. Therefore, it's no fallacy to say "no true communist would advocate advocate a free market economy" or "no true Christian would embrace a philosophy of hatred."

Got it, and agree 100%, of course.

-- Vaclav Havel

-- Carl Sagan

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Working...
                            X