Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Christians are now a minority — but they’re getting more isolated and less tolerant!!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Since it talked about increased intolerance among white Christians, I presumed they singled out white Christians for reason
    So you want me to address your presumptions now? They are what they are.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

So you want me to address your presumptions now? They are what they are.

I'm just quoting from the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

Blanket dislike of an entire group is, was and will always be bigotry. Pretty simple really.

Some groups deserve this ISIS, white supremacists, etc......
        there are some very fine people in ISIS. very fine people on both sides.

Comment

Don't be obtuse.

Was there comparative poll of other color Christians?
          The article does not speculate on whether non-white Christians are equally intolerant.

Comment

Originally posted by Zooey View Post

The article does not speculate on whether non-white Christians are equally intolerant.
            So you're saying gweed's presumption is without basis in fact? Huh. Imagine that.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Zooey View Post
              The study that this is based on is interesting. It counts Mormons as Christian (which I think is correct but some Christians may dispute) and assumes they are all white? Which I think they are predominantly, but not completely. That's the only way to arrive at 43% white Christians.
              Given that premise are we talking and even lower %?

Comment

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post
                Wow how original another Christian bashing thread. Love how those that claim to be tolerant and anti-bigotry show us they're full of sharte.

Christians the only group it's acceptable to hate.
                I'm sure for some it's a motivation. For others it's an opportunity to show hypocrisy. I've been on a hypocrisy kick lately due to the copious amounts I've seen lately.
                Also many aren't bashing JUST Christianity but religion itself. Most if not all religions have 'sects' with loose interpretations of what's written in their particular playbook.

And I admit, 'most if not all' is the biggest link cop out there is.

Comment

So you're saying gweed's presumption is without basis in fact? Huh. Imagine that.
                  The "fact" I based my presumption upon was the use of "white Christians" in the OP. Why would they designate "white Christians" as being less tolerant if there wasn't another group of Christians that was more tolerant?

Simple logical construction.

Comment

less tolerant than what?

Comment

The "fact" I based my presumption upon was the use of "white Christians" in the OP. Why would they designate "white Christians" as being less tolerant if there wasn't another group of Christians that was more tolerant?

Simple logical construction.

Lolz, why indeed? Could it be the leftist preoccupation with color combined with the antipathy for Christianity, the same preoccupation that drew you to this thread like a moth to a flame? I'm sure you weren't the only one to presume that though. But what you want to look for is comparative language like "more than," "less than" or "compared to."

Now you should say something clever like, "aw, poor white Christians!"

Comment

Lolz, why indeed? Could it be the leftist preoccupation with color combined with the antipathy for Christianity, the same preoccupation that drew you to this thread like a moth to a flame? I'm sure you weren't the only one to presume that though. But what you want to look for is comparative language like "more than," "less than" or "compared to."

Now you should say something clever like, "aw, poor white Christians!"

Weren't you drawn to the same thread?

Comment

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post
                          OP denounces bigotry and displays his bigotry in the same breath. not surprising.

I'm not certain that disdaining and disparaging an ideology qualifies as bigotry. I don't like Communism or Communists, does that make me a bigot?
                          Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Weren't you drawn to the same thread?
                            I'm a helper.

Comment

I'm a helper.

It really helped when you randomly inserted "body parts being chopped off" into the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

I'm not certain that disdaining and disparaging an ideology qualifies as bigotry. I don't like Communism or Communists, does that make me a bigot?
                                Now you're getting it! Ideologies are what we can safely stereotype.

Comment

Working...
                                X