Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Christians are now a minority — but they’re getting more isolated and less tolerant!!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The study that this is based on is interesting. It counts Mormons as Christian (which I think is correct but some Christians may dispute) and assumes they are all white? Which I think they are predominantly, but not completely. That's the only way to arrive at 43% white Christians.

Comment

Wow how original another Christian bashing thread. Love how those that claim to be tolerant and anti-bigotry show us they're full of sharte.

Christians the only group it's acceptable to hate.

Comment

• capitalist
        capitalist commented
        Editing a comment
        Facts don't lie but people do!

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post
      OP denounces bigotry and displays his bigotry in the same breath. not surprising.
      how dare you not tolerate my intolerance

the way the term bigotry get thrown around these days you can't not like the Kardashians and not be a bigot.
      Last edited by moogerfooger; 09-12-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

the way the term bigotry get thrown around these days you can't not like the Kardashians and not be a bigot.
        When someone makes a blanket statement about Muslims it's bigotry right? Why doesn't the same go for Christians?

Comment

• Tom Hicks
          Tom Hicks commented
          Editing a comment
          That depends on the blanket statement doesn't it? Here's a blanket statement about Muslims - when they pray they face Mecca.

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
        White Christians are now a minority — but they’re getting more isolated and less tolerant

“The younger generation, Americans under the age of 30 — more than eight in 10 of them support same-sex marriage,” Jones said, adding that the issue has become “a litmus test issue for many millennials in the country.”

“It’s not just that conservative white Christians have lost this argument with a broader liberal culture,” he noted. “It’s that they’ve lost it with their own kids and grandchildren.”
        http://www.salon.com/2017/09/11/whit...less-tolerant/
        This is great news IMO...but it also explains why white christians are becoming more extreme and more militant. It must suck when you can't indoctrinate your own children with your hatred, bigotry and racism all in the name of Chrisitianity. The county I live in is very conservative with around 75% registered as republicans...and these aren't moderate republicans...they're you Bible thumpin' Rebel flag flying republicans...and yet all the kids out here that we know are all OK with gay marriage, interracial relationships and so on...they're parents are quickly becoming dinosaurs!
        Sorry, but children rebelling against parental indoctrination isn't exactly a new phenomenon, Christian or secular. = Most children do it. I did it when I was young, but now have returned to a point where I am very much involved in Church & in the process of attempting to remain a Christian.(which The Bible says would occur). Since I wasn't involved in Church when my children were growing up, there wasn't really the indoctrination. Their interest in Church, God, Jesus & Christianity,has come from seeing the change in me. Sadly for you & many others here, I don't seem to fit your hate filled, bigotted impresssion that you are constantly trying to portray as being the typical/every "Christian". I'm not more extreme. I'm not militant, I certainly don't show near as much hate & bigotry toward gays, as you do toward Christians. Definitely not a racist .I don't "Bible thump". Don't fly or promote the rebel flag. I am conservative,very conservatiuve, but not republican. Didn't vote for and still don't support trump(hillary either).
        As far as this being "great news".for me, the strange thing is that ii is kind of sad, but at the same time it kind of brings a smile knowing that what The Bible says would happen, is proving out to be accurate
        I prefer standing for what you believe in, while showing respect for others. That eliminates the hate-filled rhetoric that follows the donald trump vein of communication.
        Let me ask you something....have you indoctrinated your children in the hate filled views of Christians & Christianity that you have?

''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
        Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

• Warhorse
          Warhorse commented
          Editing a comment
          Stereotyping all white Christians as bigots is in itself a bigoted statement.

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

I'm glad to hear that Jesus doesn't care about color. At least we know he isn't behind this disparity that is making White Christians less tolerant.

How do you explain it?
        What disparity do you mean exactly?

And may I assume that you define "less tolerant" as having a pre-2012 Obama view on marriage or being so recalcitrant that you don't think chopping off body parts makes a man a woman.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

When someone makes a blanket statement about Muslims it's bigotry right? Why doesn't the same go for Christians?
        well, it seems any dislike of anything is bigotry nowadays. it used to be an irrational negative view of others who are different, not its any negative view of any group for any reason.
        i think the new more liberal usage is a conservative effort to counter criticism of their xenophobic tendencies,

Comment

Hahaha! Someone on team leftie complaining about overuse of racist/bigot/_phobe/_ist. That is too much.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

well, it seems any dislike of anything is bigotry nowadays. it used to be an irrational negative view of others who are different, not its any negative view of any group for any reason.
          i think the new more liberal usage is a conservative effort to counter criticism of their xenophobic tendencies,
          Blanket dislike of an entire group is, was and will always be bigotry. Pretty simple really.

Some groups deserve this ISIS, white supremacists, etc......
          Last edited by NOS68; 09-12-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

Hey we're not talking about few benign decapitations here. These Christian bigots barely bake gay wedding cakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

And may I assume that you define "less tolerant" as having a pre-2012 Obama view on marriage or being so recalcitrant that you don't think chopping off body parts makes a man a woman.
              wouldn't that technically make a eunuch?

Comment

Between white Christians and other Christians. The disparity apparently being noted in the OP.

You're back to the genitalia ALREADY?
                Last edited by guido61; 09-12-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Between white Christians and other Christians.

You're back to the genitalia ALREADY?
                Don't be obtuse.

Was there comparative poll of other color Christians?

Comment

Don't be obtuse.

Was there comparative poll of other color Christians?

Since it talked about increased intolerance among white Christians, I presumed they singled out white Christians for reason

Comment

wouldn't that technically make a eunuch?
                    a male eunuch or a female eunuch? What? A woman can't be a eunuch? That's just the hatebigotry talking.

Comment

Working...
                    X