Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Christians are now a minority — but they’re getting more isolated and less tolerant!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LARRY L View Post
    The BS is having what a person feels override the solid facts. Can I be a collie if I feel like one? To what plumb line do we use to validate my feelings to become a fact that I am a collie, trapped in a human body? You say the physical makeup and DNA are not valid measures, then all that is left is my feelings and desires.
    It's not that actual plumbing and DNA are not valid measures. You're inventing an absurd argument to make it easy to dismiss. The point is that there may be MORE to it than plumbing and DNA. There may actually be things that science has not discovered or understood yet. Understanding evolves and changes. Like Copernicus and the solar system, like the evolution of the understanding that the earth is not flat, our understanding of sexuality may be (or may need to be) changing and/or evolving.

Comment

If we play the game where all truth is relative, as of 2017 1+1=2 but not sure about that years from now,,,,, then we have no foundation for anything to stand on or to make judgments with.

Are we really created with the rights for the pursuit of happiness and personal freedom? Who really determines
      that?

The culture? The people who are in power? The majority vote? The ramifications of all truth being relative, can lead to the death of millions. Look at history.
      I thought our Creator determined that we were all born with these rights. The Constitution protects the individual from having these rights infringed upon by the majority via the power of the government.

We only are provided the ability to infringe upon the individual rights and liberties of others when a greater good for the collective is determined to be necessary.

So as this regards transgender folks, I really don't care how you classify their condition--- mental illness or a truth science does not yet fully understand---either way, you're going to need a damned good reason to convince me that it is in the best interest of our collective society that we use the power of the government to disallow these people the right to live their lives as they choose.

How are you, or anyone else in our society harmed by allowing a young child born with female body parts who believes they are male to live their life as such? What is accomplished by forcing such a child to be a girl? So that YOU can better feel that all is right with the world?

The degree of accommodation required by the rest of us is quite small. It requires virtually nothing except to perhaps change their gender indentifcation on school records and then treat that child as we would any other boy from that point on. It takes less effort from all of us than it took me to type this post.

So please explain to me what is the harm?
      Last edited by guido61; 09-15-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post

So please explain to me what is the harm?

The only response I've ever seen is some version of "I don't understand it and it's icky."

Comment

• What is with all this chatter about the TG community? I live near a very LGBTQ forward community. I go to their pride fest (they get some great bands). I have never felt any threat ever from the TG community ever. I've used bathrooms at pride fest.. nothing. There has not been a single ordnance changed, not a single attack... nothing.

I am throughly baffled with all the outrage/concern. Not a single incident. Can't say that about Christians

Comment

The BS is having what a person feels override the solid facts. Can I be a collie if I feel like one? To what plumb line do we use to validate my feelings to become a fact that I am a collie, trapped in a human body? You say the physical makeup and DNA are not valid measures, then all that is left is my feelings and desires.
            Just admit you ain't got jack to back up your backwards BS, this hyperbolic flailing is embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
              What is with all this chatter about the TG community? I live near a very LGBTQ forward community. I go to their pride fest (they get some great bands). I have never felt any threat ever from the TG community ever. I've used bathrooms at pride fest.. nothing. There has not been a single ordnance changed, not a single attack... nothing.

I am throughly baffled with all the outrage/concern. Not a single incident. Can't say that about Christians
              Your obviously quite lucky to still have your wang, if your going to continue this highly dangerous activity keep a watchful eye out for those vicious trans crusaders.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

Your obviously quite lucky to still have your wang, if your going to continue this highly dangerous activity keep a watchful eye out for those vicious trans crusaders.
                You're quite right. I seen two young lesbians kissing. I was afraid I was going to be raped.

No matter how hard I tried, they wouldn't rape me.

Comment

Show me a link that says children / people are better off believing the lie that they think they are the opposite sex by facilitating their fairyland desires.
                  So far the from what I heard, the 22 times more or whatever suicide rate remains the same, with or without a pretend change.

We are talking about people who need real help that are hurting and confused. The last thing they need is to get support in their personal delusion, as to keep the wrong feelings alive telling them they are the other sex if that's how they FEEL they are.
                  Funny - a religious fanatic talking about others believing a lie and taking about personal delusions
                  Last edited by moogerfooger; 09-15-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

You're quite right. I seen two young lesbians kissing. I was afraid I was going to be raped.

No matter how hard I tried, they wouldn't rape me.
                    They where quite obviously under cover agents there to protect straight people. If they where true lesbians they'd have broke out their rape table strapped you down and wack bye bye penis, you don't want to know what they'd have done with it (there's a reason they strap you to a rape table). You all worried about nazis and isis bah the real danger is the LGBTQ community they will.not rest until every straight man's penis is gone, you've been warned.
                    Last edited by NOS68; 09-15-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

They where quite obviously under cover agents there to protect straight people. If they where true lesbians they'd have broke out their rape table strapped you down and wack bye bye penis, you don't want to know what they'd have done with it (there's a reason they strap you to a rape table). You all worried about nazis and isis bah the real danger is the LGBTQ community they will.not rest until every straight man's penis is gone, you've been warned.
                      NOT MY PEEPEE!!! I like my my peepee, no matter what my wife says.

Comment

• Lemme just say: This conversation has been bananas! We've got a couple folks who deny some simple science and have said some stuff revealing major lack of knowledge on biology and chemistry speaking as though they've got authority on the science; we've got my old sparring partner (who mistook me for being an advocate of hobo beating) saying he feels bullied by transgenders (???); and ultimately we've got the fact that people are arguing about changing racial demographics and white nationalism when the story in the OP was about how white Americans are turning away from Christianity more and more as racial minorities continue to fill churches.

Seems like it was only Zooey who pointed out the last bit in one post. I digress.
                        My band!:
                        www.steelphantoms.com/
                        my stage stuff:
                        fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

• Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post
                          Funny - a religious fanatic talking about others believing a lie and taking about personal delusions
                          With all the bans that have been handed out in this thread, I'd like to hear from Phil as to why you are able to get away with this personal attack.
                          ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                          Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

• Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                            Lemme just say: This conversation has been bananas! We've got a couple folks who deny some simple science and have said some stuff revealing major lack of knowledge on biology and chemistry speaking as though they've got authority on the science; we've got my old sparring partner (who mistook me for being an advocate of hobo beating) saying he feels bullied by transgenders (???); and ultimately we've got the fact that people are arguing about changing racial demographics and white nationalism when the story in the OP was about how white Americans are turning away from Christianity more and more as racial minorities continue to fill churches.

Seems like it was only Zooey who pointed out the last bit in one post. I digress.
                            Lolz, never said you personally had a desire to kill hobos, just that your effort to create a theory of human value which excused the destruction of unwanted human life in its early stages, but preserved the basic human value of an infant despite its rudimentary cognition, also reduced the basic human value of hobos and other unconnected people.

Not sure where you got that I feel bullied by people with gender dysphoria.

Welcome back!!

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by stratosaurus View Post

With all the bans that have been handed out in this thread, I'd like to hear from Phil as to why you are able to get away with this personal attack.
                              i consider Larry a friend of mine. I really like him as a person. he's one of the finest people ive ever meet.. but he has some ideas I find fanatical, and he know i find them fanatical. but I dont hold ti against him nor does he hold it against me. but if it makes you happy, report me. I'll take a ban for my old pal larry.

you want me banned Larry? lets get to together soon and have a couple beers and play guitar. whata ya say?
                              Last edited by moogerfooger; 09-18-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X