Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

If an advanced race from a galaxy far far away came to earth .........................

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stratosaurus View Post

Christians would know that he wasn't Jesus.
    Precisely. If you know someone, an impostor will not fool you. If you don't, it's pretty easy, though.
    All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
      Precisely. If you know someone, an impostor will not fool you. If you don't, it's pretty easy, though.

If this were true, art fraud wouldn't be a thing. People of faith are more credulous and gullible than others by definition.

Comment

If we were to have aliens visit us, the documentry Star Trek has proven that though they may be freakish looking with lizard like skull structures, the females will have big boobs and nice butts that are accentuated with form fitting clothes, and they will put out. Nuff said.
        Last edited by BadDaddy; 09-11-2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• flemtone
          flemtone commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh, the Historical Documents. I concur.

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
        Lol - Christians think they know jesus. That's a hoot

Comment

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

They should have run it by you first!

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

They should have run it by you first!
            I had an imaginary friend when I was 5. I out grew it

Comment

I had an imaginary friend when I was 5. I out grew it
              Well sure, now that you have hcpp to fill the void.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Who knows him then? You?
                Last edited by Zig al-din; 09-11-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

Well sure, now that you have hcpp to fill the void.
                  Well it's a really small void

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
                    Well, first off, travel between galaxies is infinitely more improbable than travel within this galaxy which at this time is also highly improbable, regardless of what you see on Star Trek although there was a Star Trek episode where they met some travelers from another galaxy. And secondly, well, that's about all I had to say.
                    The original Enterprise maxed out at about Warp 8 or 512c. Even after aliens modified it, a journey to the Andromeda galaxy would have taken 300 years (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708422/). Wormholes, OTOH, have potential to get you anywhere essentially instantly (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole) and do it with known physics, although how it might be done is unknown.
                    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                    Member of the Schecter Society
                    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by Zig al-din View Post

Who know him then? You?
                      I don't think anyone KNOWS him. Those that claim to may believe they do, and that might be enough for them.

Comment

I don't think anyone KNOWS him. Those that claim to may believe they do, and that might be enough for them.
                        That's an opinion, and a cynical one at that. Do you have any evidence to back it up?

Comment

That's an opinion, and a cynical one at that. Do you have any evidence to back it up?
                          I see absolutely no evidence that any God actually exists. In fact thousands of gods have come and gone. IMO Man creates gods in what ever image he wants to or needs to to control the masses.
                          If Jesus is real let him reveal himself to me. I'll
                          Wait right here.
                          It's interesting that Christians think the same way I do about anyone else's god but theirs. So who is more cynical?

Comment

I know Jesus. I worked with him for several years. He was a heck of machine designer. He left the automotives and went aerospace

Comment

If this were true, art fraud wouldn't be a thing. People of faith are more credulous and gullible than others by definition.
                              This is what I mean, and a good example. If you have ever gotten to know a fair amount of Christians, you'd realize that, though that is true in some cases, it is not true in others. It is a mistake to judge people in groups.

That being said, I've actually gone on record saying that a lot of people will believe anything as long as it comes from a pulpit. But that is not about Christianity. That is about people. The same kind of people believe in man made global warming because it was presented by someone with the right shingle on the wall. And both are examples of BLIND faith. That is always a mistake.
                              All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Working...
                              X