Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

If an advanced race from a galaxy far far away came to earth .........................

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the gospels, both Peter and Thomas told Jesus "Prove it" so there's certainly precedent for a degree of skepticism.

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post
    well that's my point. suppose the that the bible is pretty much true but described as people of that age would write it up, but it was really aliens and when they came back the reality of their return doesn't quite match the mythology. what if these beings create a global totalitarian regime and subjugated all man kind? And slaughter anyone who dared to question them.
    Yeah, what we know as epilepsy would look an awful lot like demon possession and someone using a defibrillator would appear to have "raised the dead." There's an old Charles Bronson movie, a Western, where he becomes a folk hero but when he returns years later nobody recognizes him because he doesn't look like the guy from the myth. As for subjugating mankind I don't know. There's an assumption that a space-faring species would have outgrown the kind of silly stuff that plagues us mere humans but so far it hasn't happened to us, now has it? How much longer until we outgrow this crap?
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	126770
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	32057991

Seems plausible.
      Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

If the Jesus dude came from another galaxy, how would he know what language I could understand? Are you implying that Jesus has mystical powers?
      Last edited by capitalist; 09-10-2017, 08:23 PM.
      Everybody is terminally ill.

Comment

V ger requires the information

Comment

Originally posted by capitalist View Post
          If the Jesus dude came from another galaxy, how would he know what language I could understand? Are you implying that Jesus has mystical powers?
          By intercepting 1st century radio transmissions. Duh

Comment

I did not come to bring peace to the world but a sword -Jesus

You can't have peace unless you prepare for war.

Comment

Apparently the anti-christ will pretend to be the 2nd coming so whatever that looks like we should know that it's false.

Comment

What if salvation is some kind of maranade?

Comment

• Warhorse
                  Warhorse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it's more of hearty stew.

Well, first off, travel between galaxies is infinitely more improbable than travel within this galaxy which at this time is also highly improbable, regardless of what you see on Star Trek although there was a Star Trek episode where they met some travelers from another galaxy. And secondly, well, that's about all I had to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
                  Well, first off, travel between galaxies is infinitely more improbable than travel within this galaxy which at this time is also highly improbable, regardless of what you see on Star Trek although there was a Star Trek episode where they met some travelers from another galaxy. And secondly, well, that's about all I had to say.
                  only from our perspective and using our technology. an advances civilization may have learned how to travel interstellar / intergalactic distances wth ease.

Comment

• Yakburger
                    Yakburger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    True that.

Originally posted by Chaunch View Post

LOL stoopid question.
                  What is it? Kneel, perish, or worship?

If it's worship....my answer is **************** no. Then I'd hit the fruitcake so hard it's feet would leave the ground.
                  Like this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

And the main guy said he was Jesus and to kneel before him or perish, would you worship him?
                    There is no way you're getting me to go back to the 60's.
                    All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

well that's my point. suppose the that the bible is pretty much true but described as people of that age would write it up, but it was really aliens and when they came back the reality of their return doesn't quite match the mythology. what if these beings create a global totalitarian regime and subjugated all man kind? And slaughter anyone who dared to question them.
                      What part of the Bible are you talking about?
                      Revelation was the hallucinations of one guy. Were the aliens telepathically telling him their plans?
                      Best deals on recording
                      Gismo Studios: link
                      My original music on ReverbNation: link
                      Gismo Studios on ReverbNation: link
                      Islam is a much greater threat to the free world than Communism ever was. - Easy Listener

Comment

Originally posted by gismo recording View Post
                        Revelation was the hallucinations of one guy. Were the aliens telepathically telling him their plans?
                        tell that to the christians.

Comment

Originally posted by gismo recording View Post
                          Much Madness is divinest Sense.

Comment

Working...
                          X