Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
    I've never been impressed by James Dean. I love jimmy dean sausages though
    Pure pork!

Last edited by guido61; 09-07-2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
      Bleh, never impressed me much. Give me Nicholson any day of the week.

To me, there have always been two types of actors: those who are real ACTORS and who can put themselves into various roles and various characters and be believable as such, and those who are simply giant PERSONALITIES who really do little more than play slight variations of themselves throughout their careers.

Nicholson falls much more into the latter category, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

To me, there have always been two types of actors: those who are real ACTORS and who can put themselves into various roles and various characters and be believable as such, and those who are simply giant PERSONALITIES who really do little more than play slight variations of themselves throughout their careers.

Nicholson falls much more into the latter category, IMO.
        Jenna Jameson is a method actor, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
          I've never been impressed by James Dean. I love jimmy dean sausages though
          Too much MSG. Our Kroger has their own brand with none of that.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
            Few things are better for ones legacy in this business than to die young and leave a good looking corpse.

Marilyn Monroe is an icon. Elizabeth Taylor not so much. Because we thankfully didn't have to watch Marilyn get fat, try to hawk crappy perfume and hang out with Michael Jackson.

Buddy Holly had an amazing career for being only 21 when he died. But how well would have fared through the 60s? I dunno. He'd have been great in the Travelling Wilburys though. And by dying young we also got a great movie about his life. Will we ever get to see The Chuck Berry Story? ewww....too much icky stuff with video cameras installed in restrooms towards the end. And I could have done without that entire sequence about "My Ding A Ling".

I always thought Elvis suffered by unfortunately dying when fashion was so bad. So all the impersonators do Fat Vegas Elvis with the horrid jumpsuit and sunglasses. If he had to die young, it's too bad he didn't go right after 68 Comeback Leather Jacket Elvis or that he couldn't have held on long enough for 80's Rockabilly Revival Elvis when he did that great HBO special with the Stray Cats.

"Hail, Hail Rock N Roll" is a fantastic movie.

Comment

Originally posted by bildo View Post

Too much MSG. Our Kroger has their own brand with none of that.
              I eat sausage like twice a year. Only at restaurants.

That way I have someone to blame for food poisoning

Comment

Working...
              X