No announcement yet.

How The Transgender Crusade Made Me Rethink My Support For Gay Marriage

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LARRY L View Post
    What constitutional right am I preventing? It is my freedom of speech that is under attack. Again I am not trying to stop anybody from pretending to be something they are not. It is not fair for a woman who has spent her whole livelihood in a competition sport to be beat by a guy who thinks he is a girl. How would like that?
    What government entity is trying to silence you? Please point them and I can assure you I'll have your back in that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post

It's not a trick question. You throw around words like "choice" and "pretend" as if you know with 100% certainty that these people are actively choosing and pretending. You can't possibly know that. So unless you have scientific data to support this then you saying that science already knows all there is to know about the nature of gender is absurd.
      Science does know what a female is and a male is. You are trying to mix in the psychological side to all of this. There is much to learn perhaps on that, as on how we think, that does not change however our sex.

We must be able to agree on something here yet you will not accept clear biology of what defines a male and a female. If you throw out all the facts we have known for thousands of years, world wide, I do not know where to start.

Comment

What constitutional right am I preventing? It is my freedom of speech that is under attack. Again I am not trying to stop anybody from pretending to be something they are not. It is not fair for a woman who has spent her whole livelihood in a competition sport to be beat by a guy who thinks he is a girl. How would like that?
        You clearly miss the point (intentionally?). The constitution guaranteed equal protection under the law. No matter how you twist yourself up, it doesn't matter.

It's a matter of LAW

Comment

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Let me ask you this:

Have you ever known a young child who is TG? Spoken to them about what they know to be true about themselves? Known the parents of such a child?

If yes, Id like to know how you can have met these people and still come away believing it is all pretending and choice. And if no, I suggest you do so before you continue to cast dispersions upon them that you wish to codify into our nations laws.

Similarly...have you ever spoken with anyone who says they have had a near-death experience and believe they know God and Heaven better from it? Do you take them at their word? Or rely on science as we know it today to explain it all and conclude they must be pretending?
          I have a close friend and old roommate that was healed from being so tormented and confused on this by asking Jesus Christ into his life as his Lord and Savior. It is the power of God that can fix one's mind to think right. Even if you are godless, good counseling and time may work. The last thing I would do is to agree to have them act out the other sex, it just does not work by what we see with so many still killing themselves being on guilt trips.

Now we have this lash out from some, with PC, to somehow hope to quench their deep hurting feelings, as to force everybody to smile and go along with it. It also go with the homosexiual groups. Mental illness needs to be treated with love, patience and TRUTH.

Comment

Science does know what a female is and a male is. You are trying to mix in the psychological side to all of this. There is much to learn perhaps on that, as on how we think, that does not change however our sex.
            But we don't know to what degree the psychological side, or other aspects of the brain, determines gender. So until we know, we can't rule it out. Not when there are young children who instinctively know they are a different gender than what their parents and the rest of the world is telling them they are when they are to still far too young to have any real understanding of gender, sexual identity or orientation.

We must be able to agree on something here yet you will not accept clear biology of what defines a male and a female. If you throw out all the facts we have known for thousands of years, world wide, I do not know where to start.
            I do accept the biology. I just also am open minded enough to allow that science may not be able to tell us all we need to know. As long as there are unanswered questions we MUST allow for this.

BTW. Do you believe human beings have a soul? How do you know this? Can science explain it? If not, should I believe you must be pretending to have one?

Comment

Links showing this has happened or retract please

Comment

Why, because what I said defines the difference in the sexes. If physical makeup, DNA, reproduction, do not matter, then I can identify as a female collie.
                Why does this even apply? Should there be a law against people getting sex changes?

Comment

• Originally posted by wasgtrjones View Post

BTW, you still have not supported your assertion on the previous page that "men who are said to be women are breaking records in women's sports"
                  No, no he hasn't

Comment

• Originally posted by Belva View Post

The only case I know of that is remotely down these lines is the case of Caster Semenya from South Africa. In her case she apparently has a bit of both male and female genitalia and, as a result, higher testosterone levels than most other females and, as a result, more muscle mass. She is technically "intersex" rather than "transgender", from what I understand. From one story about her:

The Semenya story went global in 2009, at the world championships in Berlin. Then 18, she dominated an 800-meter field of more experienced women by running 1:55.45, a South African national record. She spoke to journalists in a deep voice and even then had a muscular build. Twenty-three days later, Mike Hurst of The Daily Telegraph of Sydney wrotethat the IAAF had subjected Semenya to testing and that she was found to have three times the amount of testosterone that a woman would be expected to have. The IAAF quickly issued a press release confirming only that the "gender verification test results will be examined by a group of medical experts." The IAAF did not say anything more about Semenya until July 2010, when it issued a 56-word statement clearing her for competition and stating that "the medical details of the case remain confidential and the IAAF will make no further comment on the matter."

https://www.si.com/olympics/2016/08/...rack-and-field

So what does that mean? That her tests showed her DNA said she is female? The IAAF isn't telling the world what they know about that. So what do you do about that? Well, the Olympic committee has let her continue to compete as a female and dominate the competition.

She apparently "identifies" as a female but does also have a female life-partner. She also looks very much like a man.

But this is a bit separate from the typical TG stories---most of whom undergo hormone therapy to make themselves more in line with their gender identity. Which would likely work against any natural advantage they might have in sports competition.

The problem here is that a lot of people---obviously Larry among them---aren't comfortable unless everyone can fit into the nice little boxes they want to believe we all should fit in. And when people don't fit, they want them--if not ostracized--then at the very least not acknowledged by the government or anyone else as 'equal' to the rest of us. But the world doesn't work that way. We don't all fit into the nice little boxes most of the rest of us fit into.

And unless and until science can somehow determine that these people MUST be made to conform to a particular box against their will, then I see no reason to do so. I certainly don't think the government should be involved.
                    Last edited by guido61; 09-07-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

You clearly miss the point (intentionally?). The constitution guaranteed equal protection under the law. No matter how you twist yourself up, it doesn't matter.

It's a matter of LAW
                      All people must be included from physical harm, under the constitution. We have laws already for that.

Comment

All people must be included from physical harm, under the constitution. We have laws already for that.

Exactly. which is why the "fear of who shares the locker room with my daughter" argument doesn't really go very far.

Comment

• LARRY L
                          LARRY L commented
                          Editing a comment
                          To those perhaps that do not have daughters, but like the Trump supporters, there may be millions. Do not discredit that group. Have you not learned?
                          Last edited by LARRY L; 09-07-2017, 01:29 PM.

• I like The Crusaders

As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
                        from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

• Originally posted by Belva View Post
                          I gave you a place where it was mentioned with the Tucker interview. It will continue to be a mess. Show me a link where it has never been a problem.

Comment

Science does know what a female is and a male is.

Science also knows what a hermaphrodite is. Do you?

Zip
                            665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

I have a close friend and old roommate that was healed from being so tormented and confused on this by asking Jesus Christ into his life as his Lord and Savior. It is the power of God that can fix one's mind to think right. Even if you are godless, good counseling and time may work. The last thing I would do is to agree to have them act out the other sex, it just does not work by what we see with so many still killing themselves being on guilt trips.

Now we have this lash out from some, with PC, to somehow hope to quench their deep hurting feelings, as to force everybody to smile and go along with it. It also go with the homosexiual groups. Mental illness needs to be treated with love, patience and TRUTH.

Evidence that it is a mental illness? You keep throwing around words like "choice" and "pretend" and now "mental illness"?

You keep making these matter-of-fact claims about other people that are science-related without ANY scientific evidence to support it.

And you continually refuse to even address the questions I ask you about your own experiences with extra-scientific phenomenon. Is it really so hard for you to be open-minded enough to see the parallels? If you want me to accept that your belief in things like a soul and an afterlife aren't pretend or a mental illness, then is it so much to ask of you that you consider the same for these people?

Comment

Working...
                              X