No announcement yet.

How The Transgender Crusade Made Me Rethink My Support For Gay Marriage

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LARRY L View Post

No, they have a free will to choose, I just do not support any decision that is against science, nature and God and is no help to them. It is like the abortion issue, the "fix" is part of the problem. I should have the right say this yet many are now not, that is my main point.
    What is your scientific evidence that what they believe their gender to be is a choice?

Comment

Murder is murder, that will never change do to popular opinion.
      You seem to forget that the vast majority of women seeking abortions are Christians. They aren't godless heathens. They are your Christian sisters.
      Weird right?

Comment

No, they have a free will to choose, I just do not support any decision that is against science, nature and God and is no help to them. It is like the abortion issue, the "fix" is part of the problem. I should have the right say this yet many are now not, that is my main point.

You have the right to say anything. Nobody is changing that. If you say something hateful or bigoted, other people also have the right to call you out on that. What you don't have the right to do, is discriminate against these people, or force them to believe (like you do) that they must conform to whatever sex was written on their birth certificate.

BTW, you still have not supported your assertion on the previous page that "men who are said to be women are breaking records in women's sports"

Comment

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post

What is your scientific evidence that what they believe their gender to be is a choice?

Science and Larry? Come on now.

Larry suffers from the same issue many holy-rollers suffer from; when they open their hearts to Jesus, they close their minds to science.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
          For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
          Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

As I pointed out to you in a post that addressed your questions to me that you have thus far ignored:

we used to believe that gender was determined solely by genitalia. Then DNA science came along and we understood that is wasn't so simple. Which was good because that helped account for some of the exceptions that genitalia alone could not explain.

But there are still apparently exceptions to what DNA science can tell us. What if we eventually learn there IS more to determining gender than just what science can tell us as of 2017? As a man of faith who would like us all to understand that you believe, innately, that certain things about the universe are true that science can't fully address---why is this such a difficult concept for you to understand?

Suddenly it's the FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIANS who are all "but this is what SCIENCE tells us about it! So that is that!"???

hmmmm......and hmmmm...

Yes, yes. And if we allow gay marriage, we must then allow people to marry their pet fish. I've heard it all before...
            Show me a link in science that says the DNA and the physical body parts are not real indicators of a person's sex. Please do not muddle in some 1 out of 10 million abnormality as to it somehow changes what we have always known and practiced.

You are trying to redefine the most fundamental thing here with some wild twist.

If you can birth a baby and nurse it, we know that person is a female and there is no need to wait on science to hope it does not change. This is so over the top ridiculous.

BTW what did I ignore?

Comment

Show me a link in science that says the DNA and the physical body parts are not real indicators of a person's sex. Please do not muddle in some 1 out of 10 million abnormality as to it somehow changes what we have always known and practiced.

You are trying to redefine the most fundamental thing here with some wild twist.

If you can birth a baby and nurse it, we know that person is a female and there is no need to wait on science to hope it does not change. This is so over the top ridiculous.

BTW what did I ignore?
              How you feel is completely irrelevant. Under the constitution we have equal protection under the law.

Deal with it

Comment

Is this a trick question? Their choice is a choice for them to live with what they were born with or pretend to be something else. It you want to call yourself a dog, I will not stop you. It would have however some tough consequences. It is the society in which we live that does not accommodate your choice would be the problem for you. To accommodate to all what people feel they are, can step on others rights.
                Last edited by LARRY L; 09-07-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

There is no link in science yet. That's the whole point I'm making. We have an phenomenon that exists in human nature that science has not yet fully explained.

All I know is when you have a 3 year old child who looks like a girl but instinctively believes itself to be a boy---something is up and if DNA can't explain it then it must be happening in the brain. What causes it? Is it something that can be cured or changed? Should it be? All unanswered questions at this time

So all anyone is asking is that we all allow these people to live their lives as they believe them to be as long as they cause no harm to anyone else. And certainly not have the government dictate how they should live and what they believe.

Why is that so wrong?

Not redefining anything. Just trying to explain what already exists and allowing people to be themselves.
                  So everyone and everthing who is genetically a female as designated by DNA can birth and nurse a baby? You know there is more to it than that.

BTW what did I ignore?
                  A post to you that is a page or two back by now

Comment

Is this a trick question? Their choice is a choice for them to live with what they were born with or pretend to be something else. It you want to call yourself a dog, I will not stop you. It would have however some tough consequences. It is the society in which we live that does not accommodate your choice would be the problem for you. To accommodate to all what people feel they are, can step on others rights.
                    It's not a trick question. You throw around words like "choice" and "pretend" as if you know with 100% certainty that these people are actively choosing and pretending. You can't possibly know that. So unless you have scientific data to support this then you saying that science already knows all there is to know about the nature of gender is absurd.

Comment

Copy-and-pasting links to opinion pieces on the subject all around the internet, apparently.
                      The Neocons have culturally tried to make opinions, especial their own, into reality.
                      Just look at how Trump pushes the illusions of the attendance of his inauguration, his failures that he and his base are trying to pass off as success and the illusions of how he is loved / respected at home and abroad.
                      PrimaDonald is now up there with the Head of the Manson Family , David Karesh and Jim Jones / the Mayor of Jonestown, Guiana. Trump is fractured from reality, as in major compound break , as his supporters.
                      They are not just losing the war on education, social engineering , facts, truth and reality .... The two hurricanes, Harvey and Irma is going to destroy their Fox News / Corporate provided opinions ....Science wins, Global Warming is reality and fact !!!!
                      Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 09-07-2017, 12:23 PM.
                      How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

Comment

• Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

How you feel is completely irrelevant. Under the constitution we have equal protection under the law.

Deal with it
                        What constitutional right am I preventing? It is my freedom of speech that is under attack. Again I am not trying to stop anybody from pretending to be something they are not. It is not fair for a woman who has spent her whole livelihood in a competition sport to be beat by a guy who thinks he is a girl. How would like that?
                        Last edited by LARRY L; 09-07-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

How old were you when you CHOSE to be heterosexual?

Comment

• Larry I believe I've asked you this before and never received an answer.......

Don't you believe we are created in God's image? If so then logic dictates that transgenders are in his image too. Pretty damn ballsy to think you know better than God wouldn't you say?
                            Last edited by NOS68; 09-07-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Let me ask you this:

Have you ever known a young child who is TG? Spoken to them about what they know to be true about themselves? Known the parents of such a child?

If yes, Id like to know how you can have met these people and still come away believing it is all pretending and choice. And if no, I suggest you do so before you continue to cast dispersions upon them that you wish to codify into our nations laws.

Similarly...have you ever spoken with anyone who says they have had a near-death experience and believe they know God and Heaven better from it? Do you take them at their word? Or rely on science as we know it today to explain it all and conclude they must be pretending?

Comment

What constitutional right am I preventing? It is my freedom of speech that is under attack. Again I am not trying to stop anybody from pretending to be something they are not. It is not fair for a woman who has spent her whole livelihood in a competition sport to be beat by a guy who thinks he is a girl. How would like that?

How, specifically, is your freedom of speech under attack?

Where are women in competition being 'beat by a guy who thinks he's a girl'?

Comment

Working...
                                X