No announcement yet.

How The Transgender Crusade Made Me Rethink My Support For Gay Marriage

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LARRY L View Post
    Can you just address the specifics instead of making odd remarks. Let's look at science, has there ever been a born male child, grown up now and able to bear children and nurse them.

So? Why is this an argument? Nobody ever said they were gonna reproduce.
    It's their body. Why should there be laws against it? Why should there be laws against them marrying?
    Or are you one who insisists marriage is strictly for procreation?
    Are there any laws saying a couple will have children when they marry?
    Guess what, your moral standards are not laws.
    AND they were soundly defeated with the gay marriage thang. It gets into the whole consenting ADULTS thang.

Comment

Why does that matter, life is more than our own personal happiness. The Huston flood had no direct affect on me, yet I still want to see the people helped and not be in distress. With a 22 times higher rate of suicide with transgenders, they need real help too.
      Perhaps one of the underlying reasons for the suicide rate can be found in post #1 of this thread.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

• LARRY L
        LARRY L commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a sad state of affairs, and from what I heard even after they go through the trauma of an operation, the rate still is the same.

Originally posted by Belva View Post

It's their body. Why should there be laws against it? Why should there be laws against them marrying?
      AND they were soundly defeated with the gay marriage thang. It gets into the whole consenting ADULTS thang.
      But we who do not believe it is right are being forced to agree with so much of this, and please do not ask for a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post

Why, because what I said defines the difference in the sexes. If physical makeup, DNA, reproduction, do not matter, then I can identify as a female collie.
        Last edited by LARRY L; 09-07-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
          Tom Hicks commented
          Editing a comment
          Good girl...

(Pats head)

But we who do not believe it is right are being forced to agree with so much of this, and please do not ask for a link.
        You clearly do not agree with TG rights so what's up with the false arguments you have been forced to agree?

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

But you think it is right for transgenders to be forced to agree with the way you believe, apparently.

How about we just let everyone live as they want to live as long as they cause no harm to anyone else and you remain to be free to believe whatever you want to believe about yourself or anyone else?

Comment

Why does that matter, life is more than our own personal happiness. The Huston flood had no direct affect on me, yet I still want to see the people helped and not be in distress. With a 22 times higher rate of suicide with transgenders, they need real help too.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...RBgT1ppnbqNO9A
            And tell me Larry how do you think the best way to help them is? Force them to your standards or to accept them for who they are?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the reason they have a high suicide rate is due to the bullying they recieve from closed minded ignorant people many who claim to be Christian.
            Last edited by NOS68; 09-07-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Why, because what I said defines the difference in the sexes.
              As I pointed out to you in a post that addressed your questions to me that you have thus far ignored:

we used to believe that gender was determined solely by genitalia. Then DNA science came along and we understood that is wasn't so simple. Which was good because that helped account for some of the exceptions that genitalia alone could not explain.

But there are still apparently exceptions to what DNA science can tell us. What if we eventually learn there IS more to determining gender than just what science can tell us as of 2017? As a man of faith who would like us all to understand that you believe, innately, that certain things about the universe are true that science can't fully address---why is this such a difficult concept for you to understand?

Suddenly it's the FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIANS who are all "but this is what SCIENCE tells us about it! So that is that!"???

hmmmm......and hmmmm...

If physical makeup, DNA, reproduction, do not matter, then I can identify as a female collie.
              Yes, yes. And if we allow gay marriage, we must then allow people to marry their pet fish. I've heard it all before...

Last edited by guido61; 09-07-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

The only thing you are being 'forced' to do is to treat them as people, with dignity and respect. I find it troubling that someone who professes to be Christian has a problem with this.

Comment

• Personally I don't care how anyone feels about this.

The constitution is quite clear about equal protection under the law. You don't like it? Get a new constitution!

Comment

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post

As I pointed out to you in a post that addressed your questions to me that you have thus far ignored:

we used to believe that gender was determined solely by genitalia. Then DNA science came along and we understood that is wasn't so simple. Which was good because that helped account for some of the exceptions that genitalia alone could not explain.

But there are still apparently exceptions to what DNA science can tell us. What if we eventually learn there IS more to determining gender than just what science can tell us as of 2017? As a man of faith who would like us all to understand that you believe, innately, that certain things about the universe are true that science can't fully address---why is this such a difficult concept for you to understand?

Suddenly it's the FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIANS who are all "but this is what SCIENCE tells us about it! So that is that!"???

hmmmm......and hmmmm...

Yes, yes. And if we allow gay marriage, we must then allow people to marry their pet fish. I've heard it all before...
                    If the pet fish and the female collie wanted to get married that would really make Fundy heads explode!

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

hmmmm......and hmmmm...

Well...

My pet fish is kinda cute

Comment

• Belva
                        Belva commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Are you gonna take it out dancing this weekend? Never know what may develop

But you think it is right for transgenders to be forced to agree with the way you believe, apparently.

How about we just let everyone live as they want to live as long as they cause no harm to anyone else and you remain to be free to believe whatever you want to believe about yourself or anyone else?

He feels that the rest of the country should be forced to agree with his beliefs on abortion, so really, no surprise here.

Similar to Rob Roy and the conservative lady-blogger, it's Abortion Nazis like Larry that have really turned me to the pro-abortionist person I've become. Dudes that are overly passionate about situations that will never directly apply to them, like abortion, have something wrong with them in my opinion. I call them Holy-roller hypocrites.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                      For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                      Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

No, they have a free will to choose, I just do not support any decision that is against science, nature and God and is no help to them. It is like the abortion issue, the "fix" is part of the problem. I should have the right say this yet many are now not, that is my main point.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-money View Post

He feels that the rest of the country should be forced to agree with his beliefs on abortion, so really, no surprise here.

Similar to Rob Roy and the conservative lady-blogger, it's Abortion Nazis like Larry that have really turned me to the pro-abortionist person I've become. Dudes that are overly passionate about situations that will never directly apply to them, like abortion, have something wrong with them in my opinion. I call them Holy-roller hypocrites.
                          Murder is murder, that will never change do to popular opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X