No announcement yet.

How The Transgender Crusade Made Me Rethink My Support For Gay Marriage

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
    My answer for those on the Left who ask me 'Why do you care what transgender individuals call themselves?' is simply this: because you have made me."
    Made you what?

That is the question.
    George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

It's interesting how little Rob's threads have to do with their putative topics and how much they have to do with him personally.

Oh, the drama!

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Tone of the above = why does it matter? Is anybody saying you have to greet TG's some way?
        Bottom line
        Everybody has to pee, I ain't sh!ttin' y'all!

Most newer places are now putting in family type bathrooms. Peeps want to be worried about their kids, fine. Family bathroom. Been around here ten years or so. Duh.
        But we have to remember certain 'rules' have been in place forever. It's called raising your kids, teaching and guarding them when amongst the people. It's been that way as long as peeps been using pubic poo stands.
        And guess what, sickos have existed forever. Looks to me like TG's are being scapegoated. How convenient.
        Last edited by Belva; 09-06-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post

Has it happened yet? In never really seems to.
          I think Trump will be gone before any SCOTUS changes happen. If it happens, the Repugs may tell him to stick it.
          I don't know what you're talking about. Has what happened yet?
          Last edited by guido61; 09-06-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Belva
            Belva commented
            Editing a comment
            Has SCOTUS veered miles away from the Constitution? They always get back to that and don't make off the wall interpretations.

So the the guy from the survival bunker in rural Kentucky who will likely never meet let alone interact with a transgender person, is so utterly offended by their mere presence in places other than rural Kentucky, that he is willing to advocate for the removal of marriage rights to an entirely different group of people (that he is also likely to never meet).

Makes sense.
          Last edited by BA.Barcolounger; 09-06-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

So of the gist of it all seems to be this:

These conservatives are fine with transgender folks existing as long as they never see them, never hear from them, and by all means, the TGs are not allowed to use the same bathrooms as the rest of us.

Should they ever speak out about issues that are troubling them, start asking to be seen and heard, start wanting some of the same access to things the rest of us have, or start getting too many roles in TV and movies, this should be considered as them demanding "special rights" and these conservatives can't possibly be forced into allowing that. That is obviously an infringement upon the rights of these conservatives to live their lives in blissful unawareness that transgenders exist at all except as some sort of unfortunate anomaly.

And, of course, asking that transgenders live their lives as much in the closet as possible is NOT 'forcing' THEM to do anything. They simply should be grateful they have been allowed to exist among the rest of us at all. Other countries would demand they all be exterminated. We would never demand such a thing in the US. See how tolerant we are?

Comment

• wasgtrjones
              wasgtrjones commented
              Editing a comment
              but you forgot the 'coop da gracie'... that those icky transgenders demanding 'special rights' just made me hate gay marriage, too.

Ah such enriching discussion from the left

Originally posted by Pine Apple Slim View Post
            Bigotry, plain and simple. End of discussion.

Yes, I am bigoted against bigots, and damn proud of it. Now go fk yourself.
            Originally posted by Fred Fartboski View Post

Imaginary enemies lurking in the shadows?

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

hate is the new caring

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

• Pine Apple Slim
              Pine Apple Slim commented
              Editing a comment
              Topic is beyond discussion. Basic human rights shouldn't require an argument in 21st century USA,

• Opposite Day
              Opposite Day commented
              Editing a comment
              That is the typical leftist attitude for whatever the crusade du jour is. I agree you can believe what you want about yourself even if it's contrary to reality. I don't agree you can persecute the rest of the world for not acting as if that were the case.

Originally posted by Belva View Post
            If someone is of legal age, usually 18, they have a right to become the opposite sex. If someone is homosexual, they have that right. Anybody above the legal age to marry have that right. If a man makes his self a woman and a woman makes herself a man, they meet, get married,... THEY HAVE THAT RIGHT. The laws may not fully recognize that nationwide, but the Constipation will not be wrongly interpreted.
            So all y'all can stop this, 'he's gonna take over SCOTUS' nonsense I hear ever single time we git a new prez.
            And if a man feels he's a woman and wants to experience the miracle of bearing a child, he has that right, and if he wants to feel the awesome power of feminine corporeal autonomy and abort that child he has that right, and if he wants to join the women's olympic wrestling team and sweep the gold medals he has that right.... I know that will sound absurd to some people, but that's only because their hearts are overflowing with HAAAATE!!

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

• slodge
              slodge commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah such enriching discussion from the right

• LARRY L
              LARRY L commented
              Editing a comment
              So much for the god of "science" giving the left all the answers they will ever need, as the disregard it.

What a bs premise.

If you don't want to care, why bother being active against such legislation?
            flip the phase

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

And if a man feels he's a woman and wants to experience the miracle of bearing a child, he has that right, and if he wants to feel the awesome power of feminine corporeal autonomy and abort that child he has that right, and if he wants to join the women's olympic wrestling team and sweep the gold medals he has that right.... I know that will sound absurd to some people, but that's only because their hearts are overflowing with HAAAATE!!
              Seriously, how does this affect you directly?

Comment

And if a man feels he's a woman and wants to experience the miracle of bearing a child, he has that right,
                I suppose any of us who want to experience something have the right to want experience it. Do you actually know of any cases where a man feels he is a woman and wants to be pregnant and give birth? Is this a common situation? I know women who enjoy being a mother but the childbearing thing is serious hard work. So I ask again, do you know of any men who want to bear a child?

and if he wants to feel the awesome power of feminine corporeal autonomy and abort that child he has that right,
                Ok you have to be talking in the theoretical now, right? First you have to find a man who wants to bear a child. Second you have to find a way for that man to bear the child. And third this person then wants to have an abortion. Who is this person? National Enquirer?

and if he wants to join the women's olympic wrestling team and sweep the gold medals he has that right....
                Does he? Link please? Show me you know all about the rules for the women's olympic wrestling team. Hey, I heard the Russians have put up some questionable athletes. Is that who you're talking about?

I know that will sound absurd to some people, but that's only because their hearts are overflowing with HAAAATE!!
                Sounds like PROJECTION!!!... from here

Zip
                665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

So your argument appears to be the "slippery slope" theory that if we let transgender people use the bathroom they relate to that all of a sudden they'll be skewing Olympic medal counts?

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                  For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                  Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Pine Apple Slim View Post
                    Bigotry, plain and simple. End of discussion.

Yes, I am bigoted against bigots, and damn proud of it. Now go fk yourself.

Originally posted by Fred Fartboski View Post

Imaginary enemies lurking in the shadows?

Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post

hate is the new caring

the OP gets the response it deserves. and I'm not surprised at such bigotry and distain being displayed by a conservative christian. Im my experience it goes with the territory. why should anyone engage is enriching discussion over such nonsense?

when people show you who they are, believe them: Maya Angelou
                    Last edited by moogerfooger; 09-07-2017, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
                      So of the gist of it all seems to be this:

These conservatives are fine with transgender folks existing as long as they never see them, never hear from them, and by all means, the TGs are not allowed to use the same bathrooms as the rest of us.
                      Take this statement. Change TG with black. Wind the clock back fitty some years.
                      Why is it you fail to understand? There has to be a scapegoat for all the world's problems. It's that simple.

Comment

Do you think RobRoy is open for discussion about this? Rob is on an "activist" mission to "teach" the gullible to fear LBGTs.

This article so well sums up my position on this right down to why I'm an activist against it.

My gift is teaching, though some refuse to see it, simply because they don't want to learn what I have to teach. And that's ok. We all get to decide for ourselves.
                        If Mr. Roy wants to continue to stand on the corner holding up a sign proclaiming "Judgement Day Is Coming!", I have no problem with it.
                        Last edited by Fred Fartboski; 09-07-2017, 08:10 AM.
                        Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

• moogerfooger
                          moogerfooger commented
                          Editing a comment
                          the alphabet people

Working...
                      X