No announcement yet.

How The Transgender Crusade Made Me Rethink My Support For Gay Marriage

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
    This article so well sums up my position on this right down to why I'm an activist against it. I just had to share, if only as proof that outside of this bubble, I am not alone.
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/09/06/transgender-crusade-made-rethink-support-gay-marriage/"]How The Transgender Crusade Made Me Rethink My Support For Gay Marriage[/URL]

And the money quote:
    "My answer for those on the Left who ask me 'Why do you care what transgender individuals call themselves?' is simply this: because you have made me."
    You can't make me care about this.

It's interesting that you seek out articles that confirm your biases to determine how you feel about things
    Last edited by moogerfooger; 09-06-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I used to go use the restroom, do my business, and leave without giving too much thought to anything or anyone else. As long as I made sure to wash my hands on the way out, all was good.

But now it seems I have to worry about conservatives who will be trying to check out to see what's in my pants to make sure I'm "really" a guy because they have been "forced" to care about it?

Wow. How times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven View Post
        Because the "totalitarian Left" held you down and made you care.
        Musta happened while I was sleeping

Comment

Conservatives seem to go out of their way to find and obsess about things they hate, even if they aren't personally affected by it at all.
          Originally posted by RobRoy
          There is an "honest grit" to his lying.

Comment

Bigotry, plain and simple. End of discussion.

Comment

• willhaven
              willhaven commented
              Editing a comment
              The post-hoc rationalizing seems obvious.

This article so well sums up my position on this right down to why I'm an activist against it. I just had to share, if only as proof that outside of this bubble, I am not alone.
            How The Transgender Crusade Made Me Rethink My Support For Gay Marriage

And the money quote:
            "My answer for those on the Left who ask me 'Why do you care what transgender individuals call themselves?' is simply this: because you have made me."
            Tell me more about the "trangender crusade". I have never heard of it. What is their goal? Who is in charge of this crusade and please link to the website. I have never heard of the transgender crusade so I googled it. The only reference I found was your cited article. Have you considered the possibility that the author made up that there is a transgender crusade?
            Originally posted by nedezero1;
            Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.
            http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...nches-reporter

The emails giveth and the emails taketh away

Comment

Originally posted by harrycox1 View Post

Tell me more about the "trangender crusade". I have never heard of it. What is their goal? Who is in charge of this crusade and please link to the website. I have never heard of the transgender crusade so I googled it. The only reference I found was your cited article. Have you considered the possibility that the author made up that there is a transgender crusade?
              Come on now you know they're coming for us all, if you want to keep your ding a ling you better join up with those fine good religious right saviors. They are fighting for your immortal soul.

Now if you believe that clap trap contact me on a great ocean front property I'm selling just outside Phoenix.

A lot of so called Christians need to go read the Golden Rule and commit it to memory and stop worrying about who has what between their legs, where they pee and who they marry.

And those that also consider themselves conservative need to realize that having the government step in to decide these things is exactly the thing a true conservative should find appalling, I know I do.
              Last edited by NOS68; 09-06-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

It crossed my mind that they made up the turn of words. Heck, I do it all the time. Intelligent human beings have the ability to string together English words in complete sentences to communicate thoughts and ideas.

It is not a copyrighted phrase, so you can feel free to use that phrase if you want.

If you want to know what is meant by the phrase there are two avenues you can take. You can parse the words or you can read the article to see if it brings clarity to what the author meant by stringing those two words together. And doing both might be best.

Glad to help!
                All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Tell me more about the "trangender crusade".
                  Imaginary enemies lurking in the shadows?
                  Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

Originally posted by Pine Apple Slim View Post
                    Bigotry, plain and simple. End of discussion.
                    I don't think you know what that word means. In fact, is may be rational to suggest that your comment is bigoted

bigotry: obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices : the state of mind of a bigot overcoming his own bigotry
                    All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

• Pine Apple Slim
                      Pine Apple Slim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't pretend you ever changed your mind regarding gay marriage.
                      Yes, I am bigoted against bigots, and damn proud of it. Now go fk yourself.

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
                    Conservatives seem to go out of their way to find and obsess about things they hate, even if they aren't personally affected by it at all.
                    It reminds me of why the Playboys at the checkout counter were always covered even though they didn't affect anyone directly or obviously.

Come to think of it, medium level radiation is similar. As are drunk drivers that don't actually cause any accidents.
                    Last edited by RobRoy; 09-06-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Fartboski View Post

Imaginary enemies lurking in the shadows?

Just hyperbolic propaganda created to keep the conservative audience in a constant state of "!outrage!"

Same game they've been playing for decades now.

Comment

It reminds me of why the Playboys at the checkout counter were always covered even though they didn't affect anyone directly or obviously.

Come to think of it, medium level radiation is similar. As are drunk drivers that don't actually cause any accidents.
                        Such flawed analogies.

Originally posted by RobRoy
                        There is an "honest grit" to his lying.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
                          I used to go use the restroom, do my business, and leave without giving too much thought to anything or anyone else. As long as I made sure to wash my hands on the way out, all was good.

But now it seems I have to worry about conservatives who will be trying to check out to see what's in my pants to make sure I'm "really" a guy because they have been "forced" to care about it?

Wow. How times have changed.
                          I have often had women walk in to the mens room because the women's room is full. they didn't seem concerned that I was in there at the time. they just had to go. I just figured unless there is a republican in a stall with a wide stance she'd by OK

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
                            hate is the new caring

Comment

Working...
                            X