No announcement yet.

How The Transgender Crusade Made Me Rethink My Support For Gay Marriage

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Fartboski View Post

What actions against it are you taking, Rob?
    Words.
    All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
      Words.
      Trolling?
      Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Copy-and-pasting links to opinion pieces on the subject all around the internet, apparently.
        Deflection.
        All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

Words.
          Have any converts, Rob?
          Last edited by Fred Fartboski; 09-06-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the baking the cake thing speaks for itself. Duh. In a free country you can not force a business man to do business with anyone. If you do, it is called slavery.
            No, it's not called "slavery". Do you not know what "slavery" is? Should I post a link for you?

But no one is forcing anyone to do business. You don't have to open up a shop if you don't want. But yes, once you decide you want to do business in the public square you have to abide by the public rules. It's called "The Constitution".

We abolished that quite a while ago. But the good news is that nobody has to bake the cake any more. So that one is a sort of dead issue.
            No it isn't. The issue goes before the Supreme Court in the next term.

But the points in the article are not. It explains why classical liberals have been forced to care about the intolerance of the alphabet people.
            Again, if you can't be bothered to articulate these points yourself and post them yourself, then I see no reason to discuss them with you.

Comment

Yeah, the baking the cake thing speaks for itself. Duh. In a free country you can not force a business man to do business with anyone.
              In a free country, everybody is equal, and no one has the right to treat anybody as less-than-equal just because they're different.

If you do, it is called slavery. We abolished that quite a while ago. But the good news is that nobody has to bake the cake any more. So that one is a sort of dead issue.

But the points in the article are not. It explains why classical liberals have been forced to care about the intolerance of the alphabet people.
              Not being allowed to discriminate against others is slavery?

This manufactured white Christian victimhood shtick is hilarious.
              Don't even bother. You can't win.

Flag a Post
              The Report has been sent.
              [OK]

Comment

Words.

How many minds have you changed on the subject so far with your words? Or with other people's words, as the case may be?
                Last edited by guido61; 09-06-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Trolling?
                  I don't think you know what that word actually means. For starters, I must disagree with the very opinion I posted. I don't. I completely agree.

The whole point of trolling is to post an opinion contrary to your own for the sole purpose of getting a reaction. Now, if I am on a "progressive" site that specifically states that it is, and post an opinion piece from a classical liberal perspective, especially if I agree with it, that could be called trolling. But this is a politically neutral site. Both sides (and any others) are welcome here. It means that a thread started by a person who agrees with the position of the thread, even if some are angered by it, is not trolling. However, post within it can be trolling.

Frankly, I think the worst kind of trolling is calling a person a troll when there is no evidence to support the claim. It takes more than simply disagreeing with you to make someone a troll, unless the site exists specifically to present the viewpoint with which you agree.

Comment

Frankly, I think the worst kind of trolling is calling a person a troll when there is no evidence to support the claim.
                    Did someone call you a troll?

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                      Phil O'Keefe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You insinuated it. Which BTW, is something you're not really supposed to do here... If you think someone is trolling, then please report... and ignore.

• RobRoy
                      RobRoy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Because of something that happened to me once, I decided to do a deep dive on getting a solid understanding of what is and what isn't trolling. Fact is, rarely does trolling really take place on a site that allows comments from both sides. Rather, it is really more obvious when it happens. REAL trolling is akin to a guy sticking his head in a gay bar and yelling, "I HATE FAGS". Doing it in a "regular" bar is just being obnoxious.

I don't think you know what that word actually means. For starters, I must disagree with the very opinion I posted. I don't. I completely agree.

The whole point of trolling is to post an opinion contrary to your own for the sole purpose of getting a reaction. Now, if I am on a "progressive" site that specifically states that it is, and post an opinion piece from a classical liberal perspective, especially if I agree with it, that could be called trolling. But this is a politically neutral site. Both sides (and any others) are welcome here. It means that a thread started by a person who agrees with the position of the thread, even if some are angered by it, is not trolling. However, post within it can be trolling.

Frankly, I think the worst kind of trolling is calling a person a troll when there is no evidence to support the claim. It takes more than simply disagreeing with you to make someone a troll, unless the site exists specifically to present the viewpoint with which you agree.

What is the best kind ?? )
                    __________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
                    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
                    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

Did someone call you a troll?
                      I don't think so. Did I miss it? Did someone suggest that I sounded like a troll? I dunno. Someone mentioned trolling and I thought I'd give my two cents worth on it. Calling someone a troll, is the new equivalent of calling someone a "racist".

It's sort of lost any meaning. Even wiki points out that the definition depends on who you talk to.

Comment

Why should I care about something that is none of my fooking business?

Comment

And the alphabet people at it again:
                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...egregated.html

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post

Because this thread and the opinion piece it links are trying to force you to care.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
                            Because the "totalitarian Left" held you down and made you care.
                            Don't even bother. You can't win.

Flag a Post
                            The Report has been sent.
                            [OK]

Comment

Working...
                            X