Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving "The Political Party" forum - for good!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post
    Trumpsters love playing the victim.
    I was seriously expecting Trump to go the Houston disaster area saying that he was victim in all this.
    I think, MacFungus is facing the Reality, that not many people agree with his pre provided opinion.
    I don't think that he isn't going to handle Trump's upcoming impeachment too well.
    Who knows maybe his subconscious knows Trump's going down and he doesn't want to stick around for the "I told you so 's" , he and the others are going to face very soon.
    Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 09-05-2017, 02:33 AM.
    How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment
      Watch the personal attacks please (MacFungus) AJ.

• Belva
      Belva commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta admit Phil, it's one of the better ones.

• They aren't REALLY racist and NEVER use that word at home amongst friends and relatives.
    Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post
    [/B]

What percentage of people do you think do? Just out of curiosity.
    What percentage of people do you think do ?? )

Just out of curiosity !! )
    VIDEO REMOVED !! )

PLEASE ANSWER QUESTION !! )
    Last edited by sirfun; 09-05-2017, 11:45 AM.
    __________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

• Opposite Day
      Opposite Day commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably my most hated song by my most hated band!

HATE! HAAAAATE!!!!

• moogerfooger
      moogerfooger commented
      Editing a comment
      that's very christian of you

I hate that song too but then Im an atheists
      Last edited by moogerfooger; 09-05-2017, 08:15 AM.

• Opposite Day
      Opposite Day commented
      Editing a comment
      There are things you're allowed to hate I think. Sin and REM come to mind.

• Poor snowflake, hope you find your safe space.
    😉

Comment

• Originally posted by MacFangus View Post
      3 pages and 30 messages in less than 12 hours... Glorious!
      *puts "KICK ME" sign on back*

*everybody starts kicking you*

"Ha! Look at everybody kicking me!"

Comment

• Originally posted by willhaven View Post
        *puts "KICK ME" sign on back*

*everybody starts kicking you*

"Ha! Look at everybody kicking me!"
        Puts "blow-me" sign on...
        Everyone "blows" you...
        "Ha! Look at everyone "blowing" me!"

Fixed!

Comment

• Will and Mac, I'd suggest you BOTH stop poking each other...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• Belva
            Belva commented
            Editing a comment
            I SEE what you did there............

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post

No, but he referred to other wars. And since we know all those wars were all started by other presidents there is no reason to presume he was insinuated that Trump had started one of them. He was simply predicting that Trump would start ANOTHER one.
          I appreciate conciseness, but clarity is key.

Comment

• Originally posted by thankyou View Post

Here's an easy and tasty alternative to fish sticks:

Heat oven to 425.

Melt 3 T butter, add 3T lemon juice, 2 T garlic - fresh minced is best, half t oregano and half t parsley flakes

Pour this over 4 filets of white fish - cod, haddock, tilapia, ect. - arranged on an ungreased baking dish. Sprinkle 2 T drained capers and some paprika on the fish and bake for 10 - 15 minutes.

Capers are usually found with the olives in the grocery store.
            I never would have thought of using capers and paprika... I'll try this tonight. Thanks!

Comment

I never would have thought of using capers and paprika... I'll try this tonight. Thanks!
              Are you still here? Why?

Zip
              665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

• Belva
                Belva commented
                Editing a comment
                To get recipes, of course.......

• Originally posted by AJ6stringsting View Post

I was seriously expecting Trump to go the Houston disaster area saying that he was victim in all this.
              I think, MacFungus is facing the Reality, that not many people agree with his pre provided opinion.
              I don't think that he isn't going to handle Trump's upcoming impeachment too well.
              Who knows maybe his subconscious knows Trump's going down and he doesn't want to stick around for the "I told you so 's" , he and the others are going to face very soon.
              1. If you drink and/or smoke pot, you need to quit! 2. Stop watching tabloid news. Trump is not going to be impeached. He is (IMO) Bill and Hillary Clinton's man, and he's staying right where he is. If he were truly a man outside of the DC "swamp", he never would have appointed the people he has to the positions they hold. He would have tapped outside talent... e.g. Ronald Regan. I'm not a huge fan of Trump, but at least soapbox communist Bernie Sanders didn't get elected.
              Last edited by MacFangus; 09-05-2017, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zipperhead View Post

Are you still here? Why?

Zip
                Because, Zipperhead... This is my thread. I can bend it, tug it, pull it, slap it, shape it... I can do anything I want with it. btw... How does it taste?

Comment

• bildo
                  bildo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wrapping them around your little finger MC! Keep it up. It is fun to watch.

1. If you drink and/or smoke pot, you need to quit! 2. Stop watching tabloid news. Trump is not going to be impeached. He is (IMO) Bill and Hillary Clinton's man, and he's staying right where he is. If he were truly a man outside of the DC "swamp", he never would have appointed the people he has to the positions they hold. He would have tapped outside talent... e.g. Ronald Regan. I'm not a huge fan of Trump, but at least soapbox communist Bernie Sanders didn't get elected.
                Funny you mentioned Reagan. The lynchpin to the success of the Reagan Administration was his chief of staff James Baker. A consummate insider whose appointment outraged Reagan's "outsider" base at the time. Probably the most effective Chief of Staff in history and today considered the "gold standard" for the position.

Comment

As it stands, he won't. IF something turns up in Russiagate it could change things. IF we see the Redumblicans losing the House and Senate it could also change things. However that scenario now looks like a bad idea. It would make the Dumbocraps look like they're whining. It would have to take the timing of both to be correct. I think he'll just get voted out in '20

Comment

• Originally posted by Belva View Post

As it stands, he won't. IF something turns up in Russiagate it could change things. IF we see the Redumblicans losing the House and Senate it could also change things. However that scenario now looks like a bad idea. It would make the Dumbocraps look like they're whining. It would have to take the timing of both to be correct. I think he'll just get voted out in '20
                    I agree. Honestly though, I don't think it matters much anymore who holds the office of POTUS.

As long as there is a left vs right paradigm, nothing will change. The left seems to have gotten all they want... Legalized abortion (I agree), Homosexual marriage (I don't agree, but whatever), Legalized pot (I agree, but regulation is not legalization), Prayer removed from schools (should be a moment of silence for personal observances), trans restrooms (I say have 3 x bathroom options - no sharing).
                    Last edited by MacFangus; 09-05-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I agree. Honestly though, I don't think it matters much anymore who holds the office of POTUS.

As long as there is a left vs right paradigm, nothing will change. The left seems to have gotten all they want... Legalized abortion (I agree), Homosexual marriage (I don't agree, but whatever), Legalized pot (I agree, but regulation is not legalization), Prayer removed from schools (should be a moment of silence for personal observances), trans restrooms (I say have 3 x bathroom options - no sharing).

Not to go off topic (but it's your thread and you brought it up ) but 3 bathroom options is silly. For one, it'd be burdonsome to require places to build a 3rd bathroom. Especially one that might not ever even be used in some facilities. 2nd of all, forcing all types of trans people to use the bathroom together goes towards the supposed privacy needs of the non-trans people, but does little for them. Sort of like having "Male", "Female" and "Colored" restrooms.

But beyond that---yes I do agree the left has gotten pretty much all they want. I've talked about this before here: it's one of the reasons I believe the Democratic party has floundered so much in recent years. There's not much left for them to rally around and the issues that remain are getting to be pretty marginal. This isn't the 1930s when workers rights and Social Security were big issues for the left. Abortion is still threatened and Universal Health Care is still a ways off, but that's about it. They are more about playing defense with issues than anything else.

And even with Republicans in charge, liberalism still marches forward, albeit just a bit more slowly. I still predict we will get to single payer health insurance eventually regardless of who is in charge. In fact, it will probably take a Republican to make it happen. I had thought that Trump might even be that guy, but he continues to prove to be a complete joke. Other than rescinding every Obama executive order he can find simply because it has the name "Obama" attached to it, I'm not sure he will be able to get anything done at all.

And on that note, even many in the industries he believes he is helping by rolling back regulations aren't so happy with the efforts. They often prefer stability to the rules.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-rollback.html

Comment

Working...
                      X