Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving "The Political Party" forum - for good!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guido61 View Post

He didn't say Trump had already started one. The others he referred to were started by previous presidents.
    1. Yes, he did. 2. He never mentioned or referred to any other President.

Comment

• Originally posted by MacFangus View Post
      1. Yes, he did. 2. He never mentioned or referred to any other President.

No, but he referred to other wars. And since we know all those wars were all started by other presidents there is no reason to presume he was insinuated that Trump had started one of them.

He was simply predicting that Trump would start ANOTHER one.
      Last edited by guido61; 09-04-2017, 05:49 PM.

Comment

The common complaint here from the oft-banned rightees is that they aren't allowed to freely say what they really think, which is usually a bunch of school-grade level insults laced with profanity.

It's so sad they aren't allowed to let the world know what they REALLY think of the "libtards" here, both individually and as a group.

But, never fear. There are no shortage of places all over the WWW where such immature outbursts are allowed. This small group of conservatives have made the comments pages almost everywhere virtually unreadable. It used to be funny to read them but now it's just tedious and boring.

But it must make themselves feel better to insult people they don't even know? A big show of manhood to say things anonymously they would never say to a person's face?

I don't get it, but it is sociologically interesting.
        Hmm, my recollection is back when hcpp was the wild wild west, it tended to be those on the left who most frequently resorted to name calling and insults, usually to squeals of approval from the rest of the herd. I had a little game I'd play with myself to see how long I could last with those guys before getting into the mud... with varying degrees of success. And even then I tried to keep them as oblique as possible, cuz that's how sophisticated people slapfight!

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

• Opposite Day
          Opposite Day commented
          Editing a comment

• bluzboy
          bluzboy commented
          Editing a comment
          You have a pretty selective memory, don't you?

• Opposite Day
          Opposite Day commented
          Editing a comment
          Not as selective as your face!!!

...with all its attractive features and whatnot...

• Playing in Daytona tonight, so I've got to go. Eight pages and cooking! Keep up the stupidity, and I'll check back tomorrow.
        Last edited by MacFangus; 09-04-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• It could be taken either way guys. Guido, quit arguing with him and let him leave. This time for good. Until he returns after a trip to the store. Or dinner. Or a cocktail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

Hmm, my recollection is back when hcpp was the wild wild west, it tended to be those on the left who most frequently resorted to name calling and insults, usually to squeals of approval from the rest of the herd. I had a little game I'd play with myself to see how long I could last with those guys before getting into the mud... with varying degrees of success. And even then I tried to keep them as oblique as possible, cuz that's how sophisticated people slapfight!

Perhaps. I generally avoided this place in those days because there was so much noise that no meaningful discussion could be had. As if this place isn't a big enough of a waste of time as it is.

But these days, I don't see much complaining from liberals that they aren't allowed to speak freely. Usually it's a conservative. Usually it's some sort of racist or bigoted statement they want to make about what is really going on in the world that liberals are too afraid to talk about frankly or too stupid to notice. Usually they finally can't hold back any longer and make a comment speaking the "truth". And then they get banned. Rinse and repeat.

And travelling around the web and going to things like the comments pages on news sites? Yeah, there's a lot of immature name calling and such on both sides, but seems to me the vitriol from conservatives is much stronger.

Comment

• both sides

Comment

• Opposite Day
              Opposite Day commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey! Don't be trying to steal my new catchphrase before it's even broken in! You already have yours!

Perhaps. I generally avoided this place in those days because there was so much noise that no meaningful discussion could be had. As if this place isn't a big enough of a waste of time as it is.

But these days, I don't see much complaining from liberals that they aren't allowed to speak freely. Usually it's a conservative. Usually it's some sort of racist or bigoted statement they want to make about what is really going on in the world that liberals are too afraid to talk about frankly or too stupid to notice. Usually they finally can't hold back any longer and make a comment speaking the "truth". And then they get banned. Rinse and repeat.

And travelling around the web and going to things like the comments pages on news sites? Yeah, there's a lot of immature name calling and such on both sides, but seems to me the vitriol from conservatives is much stronger.
            Yeah, I definitely don't agree the moderation here is politically biased, save for a bit of anit-Darylism. Of course "the truth they want to speak is really all their bigotry and racism" is just boilerplate leftist narrative as we well know, even if people do make racist comments on the internet. It's not uncommon to see the comments section on a baking or movie review vid devolve into throwing around teh enword, which I have to say is kinda hilarious. I'm sure some of it's racism. Probably more of it has to do with taboos and the assume power with which the left has imbued it.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Yeah, I definitely don't agree the moderation here is politically biased, save for a bit of anit-Darylism.

Daryl, who I in the past have defended to the point of getting banned myself for it, has brought it all on himself. Does he get dealt a much harsher hand than anyone else here? No doubt. But repeated rule violations have to come with a price. It's like repeated DUI busts.

Of course "the truth they want to speak is really all their bigotry and racism" is just boilerplate leftist narrative as we well know, even if people do make racist comments on the internet.
            . Oh please. I see it here all the time. Winking and nodding about what they would say here IF ONLY.... hell yes they want to say bigoted and racist stuff. Especially in threads that start talking about things like inner city crime. They are biting their tongues trying to not say what they want to say about the inherent inferiority of certain groups. Until they can't bite any harder. And say something and get banned. Don't pretend you don't know it isn't true.

It's not uncommon to see the comments section on a baking or movie review vid devolve into throwing around teh enword, which I have to say is kinda hilarious. I'm sure some of it's racism. Probably more of it has to do with taboos and the assume power with which the left has imbued it.
            Yeah that must be it. They just let the n* word fly just to troll the libs. They aren't REALLY racist and NEVER use that word at home amongst friends and relatives.

Comment

• My magic 8 Ball says the answer is unclear.

Comment

Daryl, who I in the past have defended to the point of getting banned myself for it, has brought it all on himself. Does he get dealt a much harsher hand than anyone else here? No doubt. But repeated rule violations have to come with a price. It's like repeated DUI busts.

. Oh please. I see it here all the time. Winking and nodding about what they would say here IF ONLY.... hell yes they want to say bigoted and racist stuff. Especially in threads that start talking about things like inner city crime. They are biting their tongues trying to not say what they want to say about the inherent inferiority of certain groups. Until they can't bite any harder. And say something and get banned. Don't pretend you don't know it isn't true.

Yeah that must be it. They just let the n* word fly just to troll the libs. They aren't REALLY racist and NEVER use that word at home amongst friends and relatives.

What percentage of people do you think do? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

• Opposite Day
                  Opposite Day commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ya

• Opposite Day
                  Opposite Day commented
                  Editing a comment
                  wait... there's a W word now?

• Belva
                  Belva commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes OD there is. One lost in '16

[/B]

What percentage of people do you think do? Just out of curiosity.
                In my personal experience? Probably 10-15%.
                Last edited by guido61; 09-04-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rW9-FOLG-iA

Comment

• Originally posted by moogerfooger View Post
                    I thought you were leaving
                    I think he forgot his car keys and had to come back in. Our bass player has done that a couple of times.

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

• Originally posted by MacFangus View Post
                    Be careful eating fish sticks though... Check the ingredients for TBHQ. There's a lot of things I use to eat, until they started adding chemicals like the one above. Don't eat anything with yellow dyes either.
                    Here's an easy and tasty alternative to fish sticks:

Heat oven to 425.

Melt 3 T butter, add 3T lemon juice, 2 T garlic - fresh minced is best, half t oregano and half t parsley flakes

Pour this over 4 filets of white fish - cod, haddock, tilapia, ect. - arranged on an ungreased baking dish. Sprinkle 2 T drained capers and some paprika on the fish and bake for 10 - 15 minutes.

Capers are usually found with the olives in the grocery store.
                    Last edited by thankyou; 09-04-2017, 10:51 PM.
                    Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

• MacFangus
                      MacFangus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      daddymack gets the Spock eye...
                      Last edited by MacFangus; 09-05-2017, 08:31 AM.

• Grumpy_Polecat
                      Grumpy_Polecat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Why does it gotta be WHITE fish?

• bildo
                      bildo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Great Fish Caper.....

Working...
                  X