Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving "The Political Party" forum - for good!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Something that isn't in the pre-marxism dictionary you prefer, so don't worry about it.
    Then why bring it up?

Comment

I thought you were leaving

Comment

Originally posted by MacFangus View Post
        Then why bring it up?

Because I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking to someone who I presume understand definitions of terms post-1880.

Again, does your computer not show the quotes contained in a post? Or is this just a basic reading comprehension issue on your part?

And no. I'm not interested in eating your mom's crappy tasting fish stick.
        Last edited by guido61; 09-04-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Because I wasn't speaking to you.

Again, does your computer not show the quotes contained in a post? Or is this just a basic reading comprehension issue on your part?

And no. I'm not interested in eating your mom's crappy tasting fish stick.
          I wish she were here to burn some... Mom died back in '93, complements of Chlordane by Cheveron. Dad went 6 years later, same cause.

Didn't mean to use this as a come-back... Just gets me thinking.
          Last edited by MacFangus; 09-04-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I wish she were here to burn some... Mom died back in '93, complements of Chlordane by Cheveron. Dad went 6 years later, same cause.

Sorry to hear that. Too bad the liberals and their totalarian government didn't ban it sooner.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Too bad the liberals and their totalarian government didn't ban it sooner.
              She was pretty awesome, and the best cook ever! Her home-made Ravioli was simply incredible! I've tried to duplicate the recipe, but to no avail. She used pressure cookers quite a bit, which I think was the secret to getting meats to taste the way they did.

You make a valid point, but I'm afraid it goes much deeper than left vs right. We could discuss the possibilities, but I don't think either of us want that sort of attention.

Comment

• bluzboy
                bluzboy commented
                Editing a comment
                You obviously do. Otherwise you wouldn't have humiliated yourself like you did with this thread.

My faves...been eating them for over 50 years!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	126688
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	32053476

Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

Interesting response... Suppose you tell the forum why you're constantly defending Michelle Obama from being tagged "Moochie", yet you don't seem to take issue with derogatory terms regarding our President?

I'll be watching.
                You go right ahead and keep watching.

Public figures are fair game. They've always been fair game, unless the attack on one of them somehow breaks one of the other forum rules. For example, we don't tolerate racism. If I think someone posted something racist, they'll probably get banned, even if that personal attack was directed at a public persona.

Of course, personal attacks like the one I just pointed out a few minutes ago (from you) that are directed against another forum member are never allowed.

Now, are you still watching? Good. Because I'm going to explain my previous response - not that I have to - because I'm feeling particularly generous.

You got banned by Daddymack. I didn't completely agree with the exact reason for that ban, but I DID agree that you had been pushing the trolling prior to it, and since you didn't come to me via email to contest it or apologize, I let it stand.

For the record, because it can get too confusing with too many moderators in here, I've asked that the other mods let Anton and me handle this forum unless they see someone really going off the rails. We know the participants, we know who has been pushing the line recently (and who hasn't), the specific rules that pertain to this forum, and we're pretty sympatico on our approach to moderating.

Why was I laughing and facepalming your last post? Because the claims made in the post were laughable on the face of them. While neither Anton or I are fans of Trump, it's not because we have a leftist agenda, as you claimed. Most people who have read more than a few of either of our posts would see that pretty quickly.

People are not usually banned here for trolling... unless they push it pretty hard. In the majority of cases, we issue warnings. If they are not heeded, or if the trolling is more egregious, we reserve the right to issue bans. But we do NOT ban based on what the person flagging the post says, so your claim that liberals claim "trolling!" and someone gets banned are laughable. We evaluate the post on its own merits or lack thereof in making our decision. IOW, it's not the fact that a person reported a post that results in the ban, it's what's contained in the post that will determine that. I get lots of reported / flagged posts that I decide didn't do what the reporter claimed, or that I didn't feel rose to the level of deserving a ban, even though someone else obviously did when they reported it.

Then you drop into drama mode with the "I'm leaving and never coming back" bit. Again, that's laughable. If you want to leave, you're welcome to do so at any time. Resorting to the "I'm leaving" bit nearly always comes across as a "look at me!" play. And then to add to it, you added the "I urge all non-leftists members to cease posting on this sub-forum" bit... which is bound to backfire on you because again, neither Anton or I are liberals... and both sides here know that. But we DO try to be fair. Again, both sides know that, and know what the rules are, and that no matter who you are, the rules apply equally - regardless of your political POV. If someone is on the left and breaks the rules, they're just as likely to get banned as someone on the right.

You're of course welcome to leave, as you claimed you were going to do - or was that just trolling? Seems like it was based on subsequent posts in the thread... Or you can stay, and we welcome that too... but you will be expected to follow the rules if you decide to continue to participate in this forum - again, just like everyone else.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                  My faves...been eating them for over 50 years!!!!

Be careful eating fish sticks though... Check the ingredients for TBHQ. There's a lot of things I use to eat, until they started adding chemicals like the one above. Don't eat anything with yellow dyes either.
                  Last edited by MacFangus; 09-04-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

You go right ahead and keep watching.

Public figures are fair game. They've always been fair game, unless the attack on one of them somehow breaks one of the other forum rules. For example, we don't tolerate racism. If I think someone posted something racist, they'll probably get banned, even if that personal attack was directed at a public persona.

Of course, personal attacks like the one I just pointed out a few minutes ago (from you) that are directed against another forum member are never allowed.

Now, are you still watching? Good. Because I'm going to explain my previous response - not that I have to - because I'm feeling particularly generous.

You got banned by Daddymack. I didn't completely agree with the exact reason for that ban, but I DID agree that you had been pushing the trolling prior to it, and since you didn't come to me via email to contest it or apologize, I let it stand.

For the record, because it can get too confusing with too many moderators in here, I've asked that the other mods let Anton and me handle this forum unless they see someone really going off the rails. We know the participants, we know who has been pushing the line recently (and who hasn't), the specific rules that pertain to this forum, and we're pretty sympatico on our approach to moderating.

Why was I laughing and facepalming your last post? Because the claims made in the post were laughable on the face of them. While neither Anton or I are fans of Trump, it's not because we have a leftist agenda, as you claimed. Most people who have read more than a few of either of our posts would see that pretty quickly.

People are not usually banned here for trolling... unless they push it pretty hard. In the majority of cases, we issue warnings. If they are not heeded, or if the trolling is more egregious, we reserve the right to issue bans. But we do NOT ban based on what the person flagging the post says, so your claim that liberals claim "trolling!" and someone gets banned are laughable. We evaluate the post on its own merits or lack thereof in making our decision. IOW, it's not the fact that a person reported a post that results in the ban, it's what's contained in the post that will determine that. I get lots of reported / flagged posts that I decide didn't do what the reporter claimed, or that I didn't feel rose to the level of deserving a ban, even though someone else obviously did when they reported it.

Then you drop into drama mode with the "I'm leaving and never coming back" bit. Again, that's laughable. If you want to leave, you're welcome to do so at any time. Resorting to the "I'm leaving" bit nearly always comes across as a "look at me!" play. And then to add to it, you added the "I urge all non-leftists members to cease posting on this sub-forum" bit... which is bound to backfire on you because again, neither Anton or I are liberals... and both sides here know that. But we DO try to be fair. Again, both sides know that, and know what the rules are, and that no matter who you are, the rules apply equally - regardless of your political POV. If someone is on the left and breaks the rules, they're just as likely to get banned as someone on the right.

You're of course welcome to leave, as you claimed you were going to do - or was that just trolling? Seems like it was based on subsequent posts in the thread... Or you can stay, and we welcome that too... but you will be expected to follow the rules if you decide to continue to participate in this forum - again, just like everyone else.
                    A fair and logical response. Thanks!

Comment

Well, here I sit high, gettin' ideas
                      Ain't nothing but a fool would live like this
                      Out all night and runnin' wild
                      Woman sittin' home with a month-old child

dag us, dang us
                      They oughta take a rope Macfangus
                      High from the highest tree
                      Woman, would you weep for me?

Just sittin' around drinkin' with the rest of the guys
                      Six rounds bought, and I bought five
                      And I spent the groceries and half the rent
                      Like fourteen dollars and twenty-seven cents

dag us, dang us

Roses are red and violets are purple
                      Sugar is sweet and so is maple surple
                      Well I'm the seventh out of seven sons
                      My pappy's a pistol, I'm a son-of-a-gun

dag us, dang us

Songwriters: Roger Miller
                      lyrics changed without permission !! )

Last edited by sirfun; 09-04-2017, 03:10 PM. Reason: dANG US ALL ANYWAY !! )
                      __________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
                      "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
                      We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                        Phil O'Keefe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm not sure I like the tone of this post...

• MacFangus
                        MacFangus commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's just... Well, that's just creepy. I'd ban you for life, but it's not my call.
                        Last edited by MacFangus; 09-04-2017, 03:45 PM.

Be careful eating fish sticks though... Check the ingredients for TBHQ. There's a lot of things I use to eat, until they started adding chemicals like the one above. Don't eat anything with yellow dyes either.

Now it's yellow dye too? My wife gets on me because I like the blue-colored Gatorade. And she says it's the BLUE dye that will kill me.

That's it. I'm sticking to Pale Ale.

Comment

Now it's yellow dye too? My wife gets on me because I like the blue-colored Gatorade. And she says it's the BLUE dye that will kill me.

That's it. I'm sticking to Pale Ale.
                        As far as dyes are concerned, I would think you'd have to consume quite a lot to cause any harm. Whether bioaccumulation is a factor, I do not know? If there's yellow dye in Chicken McNuggets, I don't care... I'm eating them.

Comment

Got to hand it to shane
                          Not even here and a post from his alt gets six pages lol
                          WTG dude !!
                          i like palin.
                          i think she would rattle some cages and that's what america needs.
                          ~ yumpy

Comment

As far as dyes are concerned, I would think you'd have to consume quite a lot to cause any harm. Whether bioaccumulation is a factor, I do not know? If there's yellow dye in Chicken McNuggets, I don't care... I'm eating them.
                            I think it's all just a matter of how susceptible a person is to certain things. Some people can smoke 6 packs a day for 50 years and never get cancer. Others will die from second hand smoke.

So without knowing ones personal level of susceptibility to anything, I'd suggest avoiding whatever is easily avoidable and most dangerous and makes the most sense to do so and approach everything else with moderation.

So I usually just try to pick another color of Gatorade off the shelf as the flavors aren't THAT much different so why the hell not? As far as Chicken McNuggets are concerned? I think the older you get the more fried fast food should be avoided altogether. At this point anything more than once a week is probably too much.

Comment

Working...
                            X