No announcement yet.

"My Party is in Denial About Donald Trump"

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My Party is in Denial About Donald Trump"

AZ Senator Jeff Flake has a new book out today and he is highly critical of how the GOP has dealt with Trump thus far. Or hasn't dealt with him

Excerpt here:

http://politi.co/2vZuabX

"To carry on in the spring of 2017 as if what was happening was anything approaching normalcy required a determined suspension of critical faculties. And tremendous powers of denial."

Sounds right.
    Originally posted by RobRoy
    There is an "honest grit" to his lying.

Comment

in before ''RINO!''

You know, honestly, I think we have a few conservatives here who have expressed these same or similar sentiments; haven't we?
      Hoddy, Red Ant, Steinbergerhack.
      Right?
      Last edited by RogueGnome; 08-01-2017, 09:50 AM.
      To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

he's making America grate again. get ready for the mountain of cheese.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
          AJ6stringsting commented
          Editing a comment
          More like the Avalanche on πŸ‚πŸ’© Mountain.

I like this bit:

For a conservative, that’s an awfully bitter pill to swallow. So as I layered in my defense mechanisms, I even found myself saying things like, β€œIf I took the time to respond to every presidential tweet, there would be little time for anything else.” Given the volume and velocity of tweets from both the Trump campaign and then the White House, this was certainly true. But it was also a monumental dodge. It would be like Noah saying, β€œIf I spent all my time obsessing about the coming flood, there would be little time for anything else.” At a certain point, if one is being honest, the flood becomes the thing that is most worthy of attention. At a certain point, it might be time to build an ark.
        Last edited by guido61; 08-01-2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
          AJ6stringsting commented
          Editing a comment
          Congress took away Trump decisive powers away, so he could have more time to tweet .... πŸ˜€

.Dick Morris defends Donald Trump for all you nay-sayers out there.
        Listen up, America.
        This guy knows stuff. Won't cost you anything to learn from this hyper tuned-in pundit.
        ''fairly normal and par-for-the-course''
        ''remarkably successful administration''

''nothing 's going basically wrong''
        ''he's doing a very good job''
        ''
        the public is siding with Trump''

Give Dick Morris a chance. Very persuasive!
        He looks like he may have skipped his daily trip to the gym this past week.
        Last edited by RogueGnome; 08-01-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
          AJ6stringsting commented
          Editing a comment
          Fat bastard looks like he needs another cheeseburger.
          So Baghdad Bob πŸ™Œ
          Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 08-02-2017, 12:42 AM.

This whole thing, since the beginning of the general election has been "Trump vs the uniparty".

It's a subset of the one thing I like about trump: exposing the #uniparty. It's not just democrats he is making look like fools. He's outing a lot of Republicans as well. That is good for everybody. Of course, his competence governing may be BAD for everybody. But heck, every cloud has a silver lining.
        All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

I think Trump is right. He's the punk rock president thanks to Twitter. He's raw, uncensored and in your face. We've needed that for a long time.

Sure, the pendulum has probably swung too far in the other direction, but that's usually what it takes to get a correction, and the uniparty has nobody to blame but themselves, running Hillary. Homer Simpson could have won against her.

Come to think of it, that's pretty much what happened.
          All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

• oldsoapbars
            oldsoapbars commented
            Editing a comment
            That should read punk azzed, not punk rock

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
          This whole thing, since the beginning of the general election has been "Trump vs the uniparty".

It's a subset of the one thing I like about trump: exposing the #uniparty. It's not just democrats he is making look like fools. He's outing a lot of Republicans as well. That is good for everybody. Of course, his competence governing may be BAD for everybody. But heck, every cloud has a silver lining.
          Let's set the record straight.

1) there is no uniparty.
          2) serial liar Trump makes himself look the fool.
          3) His LACK of competence nicely explains things like chaos in the White House, major Staffing vacancies in his administration and a pronounced inability to shepherd key legislation to passage, despite controlling the presidency the Senate and the House of Representatives.

Best.Post.Election. EVER.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

I think Trump is right. He's the punk rock president thanks to Twitter. He's raw, uncensored and in your face. We've needed that for a long time.

Sure, the pendulum has probably swung too far in the other direction, but that's usually what it takes to get a correction, and the uniparty has nobody to blame but themselves, running Hillary. Homer Simpson could have won against her.

Come to think of it, that's pretty much what happened.
            Make no mistake, Trump is an incompetent ignoramus when it comes to his Presidency, and the only reason that so many people dislike Hillary Clinton is the direct result of the 24 years of a hate/smear campaign the GOP has waged against the Clinton's without merit, including the FBI being used to defame Hillary Clinton over her use of a private server just like her two predecessor's had done without consequence. Most of what people who dislike the Clinton's believes has either been taken out of context, greatly exaggerated, or simply isn't true. People will believe a lie if it supports what they already believe.

Comment

Why? What happened to decorum and setting an example.

Maybe you like having a president whose speeches you're afraid and ashamed to allow your children to watch, I do not.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                .Dick Morris defends Donald Trump for all you nay-sayers out there.
                Listen up, America.
                This guy knows stuff. Won't cost you anything to learn from this hyper tuned-in pundit.
                ''fairly normal and par-for-the-course''
                ''remarkably successful administration''

''nothing 's going basically wrong''
                ''he's doing a very good job''
                ''
                the public is siding with Trump''

Give Dick Morris a chance. Very persuasive!
                He looks like he may have skipped his daily trip to the gym this past week.
                Dick Morris is now reduced to posting videos of himself on youtube?

Maybe he's got some copies of "Hillary vs. Condi" still lying around he'll let go for cheap?

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
                  AJ6stringsting commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dick Morris lives in a bubble .... At KFC !!!!!
                  I

This whole thing, since the beginning of the general election has been "Trump vs reality".
                He's a national embarrassment, and apparently you missed that, but perhaps you noticed his utter inability to find the right people for his administration.
                The only ones who look like fools (other than Trump himself, of course) are the people who voted for him.
                Bad things happen when you trust the wrong people.
                And when the wrong people leave, the right things start happening.
                Most of us (most of the people in this country) are waiting for this guy to leave.
                Oh, and sticking a hashtag in front of ''uniparty'' doesn't make it a thing.

Comment

In a way, I'll agree with the uniparty because Trump has unified the left and right (somewhat) against him.

And he has exposed that a very partisan Senate and House can come together on important legislation and overwhelmingly agree on Russian sanctions.
                  It's nice to see that we still have the ability to join hands in times when common-sense is needed.
                  Oddly enough, it happens to be legislation that the White House doesn't really want.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
                  For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
                  Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

He still has 82% support among Republicans. So I'm not sure who exactly is in the "uniparty" that is united against him or is being "exposed" by him.

Unless the Pubs are loving being caught with their pants down?

Comment

Working...
                    X