Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you let your company microchip you?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you let your company microchip you?

Seems a bit excessive to me... what if you change jobs?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...T1s?li=BBnbfcL

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

I'm self-employed, but don't give my wife any ideas.

Comment

My company won't even potato chip me.

I did see that article. This should start a nifty batch of end times proficy. I can do all that with my badge, I don't need to be chipped.
      Last edited by oldsoapbars; 07-24-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Seems like the liability issues would far exceed any benefits.

Comment

I wouldn't even wear their ball caps and t shirts, so no.

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
            Phil O'Keefe commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm tempted to ask who you work for, but maybe that's not a good idea...

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post
          Seems like the liability issues would far exceed any benefits.
          I wonder about that... maybe they're playing it as though it's really being offered to employees mainly for the employee's convenience and benefit, and since it's optional, they may have written up the microchip acceptance agreement documents (and you just know those have got to exist) in such a way that it states that it is something the employee is requesting, and therefore that it is the employee who assumes all risk for any surgical complications, hacking of the system that may occur, or the risk of being targeted with an RFID reader by some shady character and the resulting identity theft, loss / misuse of their personal data, etc. etc.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Someone in a very sensitive position where there was a likelihood of them being kidnapped then yes. Otherwise no.
            I'm retired now but when I was working my company had my cell phone number and could call me any time they needed me. Fortunately it only happened a few times over the 10 years that I worked for them.
            Best deals on recording
            Gismo Studios: link
            My original music on ReverbNation: link
            Gismo Studios on ReverbNation: link
            Islam is a much greater threat to the free world than Communism ever was. - Easy Listener

Comment

Originally posted by oldsoapbars View Post
              My company won't even potato chip me.

I did see that article. This should start a nifty batch of end times proficy. I can do all that with my badge, I don't need to be chipped.
              I don't have the numbers, but I suspect that badge losses cost companies a lot in lost time and productivity, as well as the badge replacement costs. I have worked where I needed a badge to access certain secure areas and buildings, and I know that even when there were serious repercussions for losing one, people still lost or destroyed them on a semi-regular basis.

With this system, there's no longer a badge to lose, which would save the company time and money, and also reduces the security risk that comes along with every lost badge until it is reported and unauthorized.

It may have some advantages for employees, but the advantages to the company probably exceed them.

As far as Biblical prophecy, there's nothing that prevents people from buying or selling without this implant, and having it implanted in your head doesn't seem to be an option, so I think everyone's safe - according to what the Bible says about the Mark, I don't think it qualifies as the Mark of the Beast.

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                Would you let your company microchip you?
                I won't even give them my fingerprint.

Also, from the article...
                "purchase food at work"
                I wonder how many companies provide food free of charge these days.

Comment

With the bible mentioning it 6 times about sealing your doom with no chance of redemption if you take the mark, what other kind of mark could it be? I know in my relative conservative area, there would be an uproar. Many do not even like the chip in CC cards.
                  Last edited by LARRY L; 07-24-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• BadDaddy
                    BadDaddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Bible is fiction.

• powbob01
                    powbob01 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The boogie mans gonna gitchoo!

My org just installed one of these clerkless food vendors (not the same one as in the article)
                  They are not asking or offering to chip us.
                  I don't think I would ever agree to that.
                  I won't even FB.
                  To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

No, never... EVER!
                    Never trust anyone who has to say "Believe me" at the end of a sentence.

Comment

No.

I have a small problem with GPS monitors on the company trucks. I don't drive every day, and I understand that in some situations that technology can be useful.

But personal microchips are an order of magnitude or two more invasive. Nope.

Comment

We are accepting in society the lack of privacy more and more. Take the use of a credit card or the shopping reward cards stores have. Is it really a method to keep customers? Why not just lower your prices? They say you are rewarded for using it, as they now have an account of you, your shopping times, what you personally bought and the amounts, a data base on you to possibly sell off, and to who??

You now are fined, looking at it the other way, if you do not SUBMIT your personal info, having to pay more. It is no reward, trust me, yet millions go right along with it unaware.
                        Last edited by LARRY L; 07-24-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I'm self employed so it isn't an issue. But, if I did work for a company I would say NO.

Comment

Working...
                          X